Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 07-10-2007, 07:13 AM   #1
Nemesis
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75
Default ESB's Missing in action, what happened?

What happened to some of the regular's that used to post here like: -

Redrooster
Manassa
SRL
Old Fogey
z
Nemesis is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2007, 07:28 AM   #2
JohnThomas1
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: ESB's Missing in action, what happened?

Rooster was here yesty and Z's got his own forum i think. SRL i haven't sighted for many many months. Ezzard and Tommy have been scarce too.
JohnThomas1 is offline  Top
Old 07-10-2007, 07:38 AM   #3
Nemesis
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnThomas1
Rooster was here yesty and Z's got his own forum i think. SRL i haven't sighted for many many months. Ezzard and Tommy have been scarce too.
'tis the holiday season after all.

Ezzard & TH were great posters too, a shame.

Its funny regarding z as I truly dislike him for his arrogance and bias, but i do miss arguing with the c*nt

Old Fogey was a cracking poster too, I hope he didnt follow z
Nemesis is offline  Top
Old 07-10-2007, 07:38 AM   #4
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP

Z's forum is pretty dead though. I hope he comes back.

Also, Luigi isn't here as much as he was and he is knowledgable + mad which = great poster.

We haven't heard from HH much laltey either.
McGrain is offline  Top
Old 07-10-2007, 07:44 AM   #5
Nemesis
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGrain
Z's forum is pretty dead though. I hope he comes back.

Also, Luigi isn't here as much as he was and he is knowledgable + mad which = great poster.

We haven't heard from HH much laltey either.
Luigi was a bit mad, but he was funny sometimes when CMII would wind him up

HH? - Hank, is a bit of enigma, when he first joined he was a tosser then started to become a valued member of the classic forum
Nemesis is offline  Top
Old 07-10-2007, 07:47 AM   #6
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis

HH? - Hank, is a bit of enigma, when he first joined he was a tosser then started to become a valued member of the classic forum

I want to give Homicidal Hank the benefit of the doubt and he does know his shit, but I can't talk to somebody who delights in running down good fighters as "bums" and "clowns" because it feeds his personal anti-Marciano/Louis/Dempsey bias.

Thing is i am no huge fan of Dempsey, but I found myself defending him over and over again where Hank was concerned.

It's got to the stage where if he agrees with something I say, I review it, paranoid that I may be wrong.

Luigi really is one of my favourite posters.
McGrain is offline  Top
Old 07-10-2007, 12:34 PM   #7
Duodenum
Champion
East Side Guru

As I could easily disappear from ESB Classic myself at any time, I wouldn't sweat the absence of far more established and familiar posters than myself. Eventually, most of the true regulars will return. Like me, they probably lurk here frequently without logging in. I read posts on ESB for months before finally registering. (Of course I'm not addicted to computers either, and suffer no withdrawals from skipping internet access for months or even years at a time. Heck, for eight years I did fine without a phone or TV, so abandoning the web wouldn't be much of a noticable loss.)
Duodenum is offline  Top
Old 07-10-2007, 12:36 PM   #8
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duodenum
. (Of course I'm not addicted to computers either, and suffer no withdrawals from skipping internet access for months or even years at a time. Heck, for eight years I did fine without a phone or TV, so abandoning the web wouldn't be much of a noticable loss.)
I was exactly the same until ESB Classics regarding internet, phone, everything. Now, if I don't get logged in for a couple of days I start to worry - actually worry, pace and everything - about what i'm missing on this forum.

I am think of starting a support group.

Doudenum, where were you that there was no phone, tv etc., or was it just a lifestyle choice?

You weren't in a Saudi prison or anything?
McGrain is offline  Top
Old 07-10-2007, 12:56 PM   #9
Duodenum
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGrain
I was exactly the same until ESB Classics regarding internet, phone, everything. Now, if I don't get logged in for a couple of days I start to worry - actually worry, pace and everything - about what i'm missing on this forum.

I am think of starting a support group.

Doudenum, where were you that there was no phone, tv etc., or was it just a lifestyle choice?

You weren't in a Saudi prison or anything?
It was simply a cheap lifestyle choice. (I wasn't getting any newspapers either, and didn't miss them.)

McGrain, have you ever experienced happiness and peace as being the absence of something? Living in a place without a telephone was especially blissful because I had an employer that would have been continually calling me at home to come to work on my days off. This way, my time away from my job was sacrosanct, and I never wound up placed in a position where I could say yes or no, a convenient political luxury to enjoy.

Some years back, I read Thoreau's "Walden: or Life in the Woods," and enjoyed it. (I have also visited Walden Pond on multiple occasions.) It's a wonderful thing, peace of mind, whenever and wherever it can be obtained.
Duodenum is offline  Top
Old 07-10-2007, 01:07 PM   #10
Nemesis
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
It was simply a cheap lifestyle choice. (I wasn't getting any newspapers either, and didn't miss them.)

McGrain, have you ever experienced happiness and peace as being the absence of something? Living in a place without a telephone was especially blissful because I had an employer that would have been continually calling me at home to come to work on my days off. This way, my time away from my job was sacrosanct, and I never wound up placed in a position where I could say yes or no, a convenient political luxury to enjoy.

Some years back, I read Thoreau's "Walden: or Life in the Woods," and enjoyed it. (I have also visited Walden Pond on multiple occasions.) It's a wonderful thing, peace of mind, whenever and wherever it can be obtained.

funny you should mention that Duo, I hate my mobile phone, especially as anyone can contact me at any time, i probably wouldnt even have one if my employers hadnt forced one upon me. On my week off, I got about 10 work-related calls (doesnt sound like much, i know) still pissed me off though.

edit: on account of my stupidity, i read two posts quickly and named DuoDenum McG, sorry
Nemesis is offline  Top
Old 07-10-2007, 01:08 PM   #11
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP

Quote:

Nice.
McGrain is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum