Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-19-2013, 05:45 AM   #1
dmt
Hardest hitting hw ever
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default David Tua retires

i didn't see his last fight, but its sad to hear that he has called it a day. Terrific contender. I will never understand how people like Ruiz could win the title but not this man.
dmt is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-2013, 05:54 AM   #2
Lopetego
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 460
Default Re: David Tua retires

he never learnt how to slip a jab, that's why

good riddance to Tuaman, one of the hardest punchers and toughest chins ever
Lopetego is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2013, 06:35 AM   #3
Monogamous STD
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 0

Part dumb luck part loss of motivation are why he didn't get a hold of at least one abc title. He'd have hammered the peepee out of Ustinov in his prime. Even basically shot I thought he'd probably win.
Monogamous STD is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2013, 08:21 AM   #4
UnleashtheFURY
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 574

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmt View Post
i didn't see his last fight, but its sad to hear that he has called it a day. Terrific contender. I will never understand how people like Ruiz could win the title but not this man.
Because Ruiz had Don King by his side. Ruiz was allowed to clinch excessively, hit and hold, fake low blows, and not to mention the countless gift decisions courtesy of the judges King bought off! Ruiz is a joke, and one of the biggest frauds in the history of the sport! Taking all of that into account I rate Tua MUCH higher than I do Ruiz!
UnleashtheFURY is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2013, 08:27 AM   #5
unsigned_userv2
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmt View Post
You didn't miss anything, Tua v Ustinov was pretty embarrassing, both as a spectacle and for a guy with a career like Tua.

Tua was never going to outbox Ustinov and he never once (and I repeat), never once, looked like landing a thunderous shot to the dome. A few solid body shots but nothing noteworthy.

He's a good example of getting a good promoter to get you that paper title.
unsigned_userv2 is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2013, 08:34 AM   #6
UnleashtheFURY
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 574

Tua landed some pretty decent shots every now and then... Ustinov has a granite chin though.
UnleashtheFURY is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2013, 06:38 PM   #7
NZBoxing Fan

Repect to David Tua for this decision. I hope he continues to help not only NZ boxing, but boxing in general.

Joe Parker is coming........
NZBoxing Fan is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2013, 07:34 PM   #8
kiwi_boxer
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZBoxing Fan View Post
Repect to David Tua for this decision. I hope he continues to help not only NZ boxing, but boxing in general.

Joe Parker is coming........
+1, im happy Tua has now hung up the gloves. Its good to see hes helping the young fellas in the lower communities get into a sport such as boxing.

If you like Parker, watch the progress of the young Patrick Pakuliki Mailata.
The kid is a beast. He had Parker in trouble when they fought in Christchurch before Parker went pro. The kid can bang and he has a good chin on him too

NZ boxing is on the up! (minus SBW)

Check out a couple of brief video's of the kid here. He doesnt look like much but i have high hopes for him!

/watch?v=6D50TC1STJk

/watch?v=wxWzX3mdEok
kiwi_boxer is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2013, 08:53 PM   #9
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 10000

So long, Dave.

He must really hate Barrett. If only that selfish bastard had stayed a washed-up punching bag with no heart for scrapping anymore, just showing up to collect needed paychecks and finding a cushy spot on the canvas ASAP...instead of rediscovering his pride and making an epic last stand.

Seriously, when he was all fired up circa the knockout of Shane Cameron, he might have spiced things up if he would've gotten over the hump and clawed his way into contention. I'm not saying he would've punched his way to a title, but he could have knocked out some contenders/pretenders and maybe at least given a Klitschko (or Haye) a scare, maybe scoring a knockdown or two en route to a wide UD loss.

Monte screwed that all up when he found his mojo.
IntentionalButt is online now  Top
Old 11-19-2013, 08:58 PM   #10
stormy
Live and Learn
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopetego View Post

he learned how to slip punches ya disrespectful moron. he got old and good straight jabs got through more and more. He had all the attributes except that he let lifes issues get in the way of his chances to win the fights he needed to win when it mattered the most.
stormy is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2013, 09:14 PM   #11
Slyk
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 3533

Tua can still come back. Give him a year to relax and then another year to train his ass off. After that, a comeback fight with a ranked guy. If he trains seriously he will destroy his comeback opponent and that will spring board him to an immediate title shot.

He still has time.
Slyk is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2013, 09:37 PM   #12
stormy
Live and Learn
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyk View Post
Tua can still come back. Give him a year to relax and then another year to train his ass off. After that, a comeback fight with a ranked guy. If he trains seriously he will destroy his comeback opponent and that will spring board him to an immediate title shot.

He still has time.

when you say ranked you dont mean a top 10 kinda ranking huh?? we all know how well that worked out for him in the fight with Ustinov.....he could make some decent $$$s fighting still,but his heart isnt in it like it used to be. His health is in tact and if he looks after himself and gets on with the other side of his journey then he could become the owner of a strong gym and proptions company. The world is his oyster right now.
stormy is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2013, 11:40 PM   #13
Lopetego
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 460

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy View Post
he learned how to slip punches ya disrespectful moron. he got old and good straight jabs got through more and more. He had all the attributes except that he let lifes issues get in the way of his chances to win the fights he needed to win when it mattered the most.
Tua was never able to cut off the ring while slipping a jab as he was trying to get inside. Any good opponent with a good jab could outbox him, because all they had to do was jab Tua's ears off while stepping to their left, and they would disrupt his timing and distance, forcing him to have to reset.

Tua could've won probably all his fights if he had the ability to force his opponents to trade with him, but he allowed Chrys Byrd and Lennox and Barrett to pick their spots and out-box him.

that's the cold hard truth you retard
Lopetego is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2013, 01:33 AM   #14
Son of Gaul
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 248

Quote:

It's all about the weight, in my opinion. He slipped punches fairly well when he was younger and leaner...for obvious reasons.
Son of Gaul is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2013, 02:18 AM   #15
stormy
Live and Learn
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Tua was never able to cut off the ring while slipping a jab as he was trying to get inside. Any good opponent with a good jab could outbox him, because all they had to do was jab Tua's ears off while stepping to their left, and they would disrupt his timing and distance, forcing him to have to reset.

Tua could've won probably all his fights if he had the ability to force his opponents to trade with him, but he allowed Chrys Byrd and Lennox and Barrett to pick their spots and out-box him.

that's the cold hard truth for retards like me
Ok dickbreath, LL and Chris Byrd boxed the ears of the klits too

But Barrett was fighting a shop worn fighter who was battling his own demons so **** off with your simplistic take on Tuas boxing style. If it was as you say how the **** did he even manage a record such as the one he amassed?? and dont say they were all bums and he just got lucky ffs
stormy is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum