Old 02-29-2008, 09:50 PM   #31
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Guzman inks contract for Arthur fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwilson
Are you serious? If AAA loses you leave the forum forever?

Shit man I want Arthur to win but even I may take the bet to see you leave.

Well, if the truth be told, I was & wasnt serious! Let me explain. My time is up as a poster on brit ESB, the place is changing, getting busier, filling up with new characters etc.
So I have already said the Arthur-Guzman fight will be my last hurrah, & hopefully Alex wins & I can retire on a high. I was just trying to dupe someone into a leaving the forum bet when I was leaving already

whether Arthur wins or loses, Im offski after that. I love the place, but there comes a time in a mans life when he has to move on, littlest hobo style. So you are going to get your wish, without even having to put your neck on the line, happy days Dwilson
Dunky McCafferty is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-29-2008, 10:29 PM   #32
UK2004
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

This will be funny I happiyl take the bet, I'm sorry but never respected your opinions as don't thinky ou understand boxing much adn I do believe you basically just love scottish fighters and nobody else, fi you had watched all guzman's fights you would know he will wipe the floor with Arthur.
UK2004 is offline  Top
Old 02-29-2008, 10:52 PM   #33
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK2004
This will be funny I happiyl take the bet, I'm sorry but never respected your opinions as don't thinky ou understand boxing much adn I do believe you basically just love scottish fighters and nobody else, fi you had watched all guzman's fights you would know he will wipe the floor with Arthur.
nah, the bets off. I wouldnt be so nasty as to make a guy disappear from this fine site just to prove a point, as I said earlier, I was just causing mischief

So you dont rate my opinion & think I know **** all about boxing? Thats fair enough. Its what this fine forum is ll about, opinions.

& you are right, I do love scottish fighters more than anyone else, but is that such a bad thing? Im scottish after all!

As for Guzman though, you seem to think I lie about watching his fights, & tell me "if I had watched all his fights" he would beat Arthur. You dont believe I watch Guzman fights? I could say the same to you about Arthur, that if you watched all his fights then Guzman would never beat Alex.
Im here for the next while at least, if you want to talk Guzman, lets talk Guzman. I love a challenge.
Old 02-29-2008, 11:13 PM   #34
Robbi
Marvelous
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman_hatton1
i think arthur puts up a better fight than some on here reckon.

i don't think he wins though.

arthurs struggles more with pressure and right hands.

he prefers stand off boxers.

guzman is a stand off boxer.

unfortunately he's ****ing good at it and will win on pts i fancy.

You were the man who told me that Mayweather struggles with pressure and Hatton would outwork him, thus win on points. Too busy and Mayweather shuts up shop. Mayweather likes to stand in front of opponents and take the sting and counter.

I also said that workrate counts for nothing as you have make the workrate count; land punches. And that Hatton's doesn't think defense enough, which would be his undoing against Mayweather. And I was so accurate that I said Mayweather would have to open up more than he usually does to keep Hatton off him. Just look at the the late rounds when power punches were bouncing off Hatton's bunnet, and the very last round when he walked onto that left hook like a headless chicken.

Guzman will murder Arthur. First degree murder with a court apperance and he'll maybe get life.
Robbi is offline  Top
Old 02-29-2008, 11:40 PM   #35
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbi
You were the man who told me that Mayweather struggles with pressure and Hatton would outwork him, thus win on points. Too busy and Mayweather shuts up shop. Mayweather likes to stand in front of opponents and take the sting and counter.

I also said that workrate counts for nothing as you have make the workrate count; land punches. And that Hatton's doesn't think defense enough, which would be his undoing against Mayweather. And I was so accurate that I said Mayweather would have to open up more than he usually does to keep Hatton off him. Just look at the the late rounds when power punches were bouncing off Hatton's bunnet, and the very last round when he walked onto that left hook like a headless chicken.

Guzman will murder Arthur. First degree murder with a court apperance and he'll maybe get life.
With all due respect though Robbi, Mayweather vs Hatton was not a tough fight to predict. Any true fan of the sport knew that Hatton was in way above his head.
Guzman is no Mayweather though, although I am overjoyed to think that most think he is!
Arthur has a bigger chance against Guzman than Hatton did againt the prettyboy. Trust me.

Dunky looks forward to indeed being Funky when Arthur knocks out this pretender. Remembr where you heard it first my man.
Old 03-01-2008, 12:38 AM   #36
hitman_hatton1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbi

i said i felt hatton would manage to get floyd on the backfoot.

even then i said i thought it would be a close decision win for hatton.

it didn't turn out that way and floyd stood his ground a lot more than i thought he would.

u thought mosley would beat cotto and he didn't. u get it wrong from time to time as well mate.
hitman_hatton1 is offline  Top
Old 03-01-2008, 12:55 PM   #37
The Lads
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Not surprising considering Guzman was promoted by ******, perhaps Frank fancies another crack at promoting the dominican?
Guzman hasnt achieved his full potential mainly due to his stuipid increase in weight, he never carried his power up, he was a devastating puncher nicknamed little tyson, he does now fight more like little mayweather. Had he remained at super bantam he'd be unified and bowling everyone over, but without making serious money, typicaly the higher the weight, higher the money.
For what its worth he'll muller Alex, who is between european and world level and has never ever been in with anyone as talented as Juan.
Guzman provides a sustained beating, or a KO.
The Lads is offline  Top
Old 03-02-2008, 10:40 PM   #38
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Im still waiting on you challenging me on Guzman btw UK2004, you said if I really watched Guzman I would know Arthur stood no chance, & when I challenged you on the point you have went all quiet.
If a man challenges another man on the forum, he should at least have the balls to back it up.

You were quick to slag me off as a poster but here I am ready for some debate & where are you? took a cheap shot & ran away. all mouth & no trousers.
Come back when you can back up your bullshit. In fact, dont bother. I have wasted enough time on you already.

probably never seen a Guzman fight in your life.
Old 03-03-2008, 07:40 AM   #39
dwilson

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunky McCafferty

Well, if the truth be told, I was & wasnt serious! Let me explain. My time is up as a poster on brit ESB, the place is changing, getting busier, filling up with new characters etc.
So I have already said the Arthur-Guzman fight will be my last hurrah, & hopefully Alex wins & I can retire on a high. I was just trying to dupe someone into a leaving the forum bet when I was leaving already

whether Arthur wins or loses, Im offski after that. I love the place, but there comes a time in a mans life when he has to move on, littlest hobo style. So you are going to get your wish, without even having to put your neck on the line, happy days Dwilson

It will be a shame to see you leave to be honest. You are one of the few posters I enjoy reading. We may not see eye to eye on certain subjects but that is what the forum is all about.

Still I hope Arthur does the business and grabs that World title.
Old 03-03-2008, 07:50 AM   #40
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Dunky, you know your boxing, so why did you pick Hatton.

Guzman may not be Mayweather, but Arthur is also not Hatton.

If Guzman has a really really really bad day, and Arthur makes weight fine and is on top top form, he might win 4 rounds.
robpalmer135 is offline  Top
Old 03-03-2008, 08:39 AM   #41
The Lads
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Guzman is closer to Mayweather in quality than Arthur is to Hatton.
The Lads is offline  Top
Old 03-03-2008, 09:41 AM   #42
Denny Cruser
Journeyman

Gusman by mid-rounds TKO
Denny Cruser is offline  Top
Old 03-03-2008, 03:07 PM   #43
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

On the ESB front page. Fight to be held April 26th in Edinburgh.
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 03-03-2008, 07:52 PM   #44
Tuffnutz
ESB 2002 Club
ESB Addict

Guzman: I'll take Arthur's head off!
Sycuan Ringside Promotions announced today that WBO 130-pound champion Joán Guzman has signed a contract to defend his title against interim champion Alex Arthur on April 26, 2008. Promoted by Frank ****** of Sports Network, the fight will take place in Edinburgh, Scotland, at a venue to be determined. "I am tired of hearing the British and Scottish say I am not going to show up for this fight," Guzman said. "Arthur should be scared and running for cover. I am the best pound-for-pound fighter in my division, and I can’t wait to get there and show him what this proud Dominican has to offer. I am going to take Arthur’s head off as payment to the British for spreading rumors that I am scared of fighting him."
Tuffnutz is offline  Top
Old 03-03-2008, 08:12 PM   #45
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

WTF does "best pound-for-pound in my division" mean? The same as "best in my division"..;O)
GazOC is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum