Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Guzman inks contract for Arthur fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuffnutz
Guzman: I'll take Arthur's head off!
Sycuan Ringside Promotions announced today that WBO 130-pound champion JoŠn Guzman has signed a contract to defend his title against interim champion Alex Arthur on April 26, 2008. Promoted by Frank ****** of Sports Network, the fight will take place in Edinburgh, Scotland, at a venue to be determined. "I am tired of hearing the British and Scottish say I am not going to show up for this fight," Guzman said. "Arthur should be scared and running for cover. I am the best pound-for-pound fighter in my division, and I canít wait to get there and show him what this proud Dominican has to offer. I am going to take Arthurís head off as payment to the British for spreading rumors that I am scared of fighting him."
This Scotsman wants Guzman to turn up so bad, cos I want to be there cheering when the proud dominican is rolling around the canvas clutching his proud dominican ribcage
Alex Alex KNOCK HIM OUT!
Dunky McCafferty is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2008, 10:33 PM   #47
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwilson
It will be a shame to see you leave to be honest. You are one of the few posters I enjoy reading. We may not see eye to eye on certain subjects but that is what the forum is all about.

Still I hope Arthur does the business and grabs that World title.
same to you mate, dont think I dont notice when you say your son likes the scottish boxers etc
I had a few when I posted that & as usual when you have had a few you tend to spill your guts about stuff you normally wouldnt talk about. It was just that at the time there were loads of relatively new posters in here going crazy & the forum looked as if it was going to go to the dogs. So I thought "**** it" & was happy to say I was leaving like a rat deserting a sinking ship. Thank **** its been sorted though & the troublemakers have been removed, the ESB brit forum has immediately reverted back to its normal self

I was annoyed t myself though for saying I was planning to leave, cos I dont want people to think I was just attention seeking, been here too long to pull stunts like that.
Its just that I feel stale, been posting here so long that I feel I have had every argument in the book, twice over. So when I seen the forum take a turn for the worse I was happy to announce I was offski.

BUT, the forum has returned to normal, back to being the no1 british boxing forum on the internet. Its kicking boxrecs arse now, & I like it

Im definitely offski after the Arthur fight though to recharge the batteries, & who knows maybe I will be tempted back after a break of a few months, never say never as the old saying goes. sorry for waffling on, but its what I do sometimes
Old 03-05-2008, 06:12 PM   #48
girv
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Its now looking like this fight will take place in Glasgow in May as the Meadowbank doesnt hold enough people.

I reckon that they must be trying to get Scott Harrison on the undercard (if he gets his licence back) as this would probably mean a sell out at somewhere like the Braehead.
girv is offline  Top
Old 03-05-2008, 10:03 PM   #49
UK2004
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Hey Dunky, was wadnering why hadn't had an email to say there was a reply then checked and ther ehas been! I've watched many Arthur fights and he has ability but he will get battered by Guzman, will be putting moeny on it too I am that sure.

Shame the fight is in Scotland as will be a long trek but well worth it.
UK2004 is offline  Top
Old 03-05-2008, 10:26 PM   #50
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK2004
Hey Dunky, was wadnering why hadn't had an email to say there was a reply then checked and ther ehas been! I've watched many Arthur fights and he has ability but he will get battered by Guzman, will be putting moeny on it too I am that sure.

Shame the fight is in Scotland as will be a long trek but well worth it.
No worries, everyone is entitled to their opinion, even if its wrong I keep telling people to trust me on this one, Arthur will win. I know you dont like me & think I know nothing about the noble art, but even so, I still dont want to see a fellow poster lose money, so trust me this once. I implore you. Put your money on Arthur to win.
Old 03-05-2008, 10:51 PM   #51
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru

Arthur has no shot at all, this will be a wipe out leading to a Guzman accumulation stoppage.
Amsterdam is offline  Top
Old 03-05-2008, 11:14 PM   #52
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsterdam
Arthur has no shot at all, this will be a wipe out leading to a Guzman accumulation stoppage.
Guzman. The man who couldnt stop Terdsak. Please forgive me for not buying into this Guzman monster stuff.
Old 03-06-2008, 12:01 AM   #53
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by girv
Its now looking like this fight will take place in Glasgow in May as the Meadowbank doesnt hold enough people.

I reckon that they must be trying to get Scott Harrison on the undercard (if he gets his licence back) as this would probably mean a sell out at somewhere like the Braehead.
Get in there, the fights in Glasgow where it belongs, I look forward to seeing Guzman sparked in my hometown

As for harrison, I doubt he will be on the undercard. If scotty comes back, expect it to be in America. I dont see him getting his license back on these shores.
Old 03-06-2008, 05:11 AM   #54
dwilson

vCash:

I just hope Arthur puts in a good performance and gets the credit he deserves after this fight. A win would be amazing and I am rooting for the guy all the. Alex is by far the best Super feather in Europe and although Guzman is a real quality fighter himself he can be undone.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:03 AM   #55
UK2004
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunky McCafferty
No worries, everyone is entitled to their opinion, even if its wrong I keep telling people to trust me on this one, Arthur will win. I know you dont like me & think I know nothing about the noble art, but even so, I still dont want to see a fellow poster lose money, so trust me this once. I implore you. Put your money on Arthur to win.
DOn't dislike you at all, don't get me wrong!
UK2004 is offline  Top
Old 03-06-2008, 09:04 AM   #56
Bluenose
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Can anyone actually officially confirm where the fight is taking place?

I had read in the Sun newspaper today that it was at Meadowbank on April 26th. They had a fair sized article with a picture of Guzman on it.
Bluenose is offline  Top
Old 03-07-2008, 12:33 AM   #57
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenose
Can anyone actually officially confirm where the fight is taking place?

I had read in the Sun newspaper today that it was at Meadowbank on April 26th. They had a fair sized article with a picture of Guzman on it.
I cant confirm a thing Bluenose, I think once ****** gets Haye-Macca out of the way then he will start talking about this fight & whats a happenin.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum