Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 11-27-2013, 05:36 AM   #1
Mike Hunt
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Groves beef with lee froch on twitter

Telling lee he needs a diet etc lol. George isn't doing hisself any favours by antagonising carl and his family.
Mike Hunt is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2013, 05:38 AM   #2
Big
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Default Re: Groves beef with lee froch on twitter

As far as I can see Lee Froch is a massive troll and a ****. If he was going on like he was to me, I'd probably bite too.
Big is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2013, 05:44 AM   #3
cool hand luke
Journeyman

vCash: 1000

Lets not forget just how much bollocks Groves came up with leading up to the fight. Now I would be the last person to label Frochs brother as eloquent but Groves looked like a disrespect child imo leading up to the fight and needs to turn it down a little.
cool hand luke is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2013, 05:46 AM   #4
Big
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Froch was the one acting like a child in the build up.
Big is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2013, 05:49 AM   #5
lazarus20000
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 850

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool hand luke View Post
Lets not forget just how much bollocks Groves came up with leading up to the fight. Now I would be the last person to label Frochs brother as eloquent but Groves looked like a disrespect child imo leading up to the fight and needs to turn it down a little.
Some people have decided to ignore everything that Groves did leading up to the fight and afterwards. Froch's at fault for everything so it seems. Maybe we can blame our economic woes on Froch too?
lazarus20000 is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2013, 05:50 AM   #6
Mike Hunt
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Froch is in the driving seat here, groves needs to remember that.
Old 11-27-2013, 05:55 AM   #7
cool hand luke
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big View Post
Froch was the one acting like a child in the build up.
I watched ring side for example and thought Groves looked very child like tbh and over the top whitest Froch tried to keep his composure (tried). We all know Groves did his best to wind Froch up and why. Going into the fight most people I spoke to thought Groves was the one playing games and came off looking bad hence the booing when he entered.

It could be said Groves did the majority of mouthing off and all though he gave one hell of a fight and he made a believer out of me. He did get tired and got stopped (early we know) but none the less he did the talking and came up short and is still talking now.
cool hand luke is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2013, 05:56 AM   #8
lazarus20000
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 850

Groves needs to calm down and bide his time. Disrespecting Froch or his family is unnecessary. A rematch for me is inevitable. The demand is there but if he continues to piss Froch off, then he can be stubborn and refuse it. Froch is a simple enough and will go with the rematch. He isn't a ducker.
lazarus20000 is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2013, 06:00 AM   #9
Kaz_187
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool hand luke View Post
I watched ring side for example and thought Groves looked very child like tbh and over the top whitest Froch tried to keep his composure (tried). We all know Groves did his best to wind Froch up and why. Going into the fight most people I spoke to thought Groves was the one playing games and came off looking bad hence the booing when he entered.

It could be said Groves did the majority of mouthing off and all though he gave one hell of a fight and he made a believer out of me. He did get tired and got stopped (early we know) but none the less he did the talking and came up short and is still talking now.
i hope groves doesent continue his childish antics, the guy proved me wrong in the fight and the goodwill he has built up may dissapear quick if he continues to play childish games, just concentrate on getting froch in a rematch, how does he benifit with twitter wars
Kaz_187 is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2013, 06:00 AM   #10
ashishwarrior
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 4000

this was back and fourth before the fight
ashishwarrior is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2013, 06:05 AM   #11
silly_illy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hunt View Post
Froch is in the driving seat here, groves needs to remember that.
If froch fights anyone else who's not named George groves ...then it is a catastrophe!!!

Rematch is a must!!!
silly_illy is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2013, 06:10 AM   #12
Mufc30
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus20000 View Post
Groves needs to calm down and bide his time. Disrespecting Froch or his family is unnecessary. A rematch for me is inevitable. The demand is there but if he continues to piss Froch off, then he can be stubborn and refuse it. Froch is a simple enough and will go with the rematch. He isn't a ducker.
You dont know he will give him a rematch, g0d your like those Froch fans prior who said Groves didnt have a chance- the more i hear from Froch the less likely it sounds he is interested in a rematch.

It Might happen if Groves goes for Bika next instead or Stieglitz and wins a belt.

Its easy for you to say calm down George but your not getting Frochs family disrespet you at every chance are you. Groves probably would be best deleting twitter and shutting himself off from the bs for a few days but he still feels hurt by it all and living in the public eye isnt going to allow himself to do that for a while
Mufc30 is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2013, 06:11 AM   #13
Mike Hunt
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Not for froch it's not, it's all about the money, Chavez jr and toprank would pay mega bucks to get froch over to America and rob him of his belts lol. Far more than a groves fight would make because Chavez jr is global! And Chavez as the chance to become a 2 weight world champ.
Old 11-27-2013, 06:13 AM   #14
Mufc30
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaz_187 View Post
i hope groves doesent continue his childish antics, the guy proved me wrong in the fight and the goodwill he has built up may dissapear quick if he continues to play childish games, just concentrate on getting froch in a rematch, how does he benifit with twitter wars
He doesnt but social media as it is now, it happens unfortunately. Really could do with deleting Twitter/Fb but then you lose that connection with fans so its not going to happen.
Groves has to be prove the stuff he said in the build was just him hyping it and not his true self to keep public opinion on side
Mufc30 is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2013, 06:14 AM   #15
Mufc30
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hunt View Post
Not for froch it's not, it's all about the money, Chavez jr and toprank would pay mega bucks to get froch over to America and rob him of his belts lol. Far more than a groves fight would make because Chavez jr is global! And Chavez as the chance to become a 2 weight world champ.
Froch has more or less said that himself, he doesnt care what the fans think of the Groves stoppage, his record shows TKO 9 and there are money fights out there that matter more to him than a rematch (thats the tone of it anyway)
Mufc30 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum