boxing

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 12-05-2013, 12:36 PM   #1
drakknoir

vCash: 610
Default Pacqiuao vs Bradley, was it really a robbery?

So the other night i find myself bored, decide to watch Bradley vs Pac for the first time since i watched it live. my girlfriend is sleeping so being the kind gentleman i am i decide to leave the sound off. although id never bothered to score the fight i was under the impression Manny did more than enough to win.

so i sit down get ready to score each round, a strange thing happens. i score it a draw, a draw!? iv never scored any fight iv watched a draw. i then rewatched it with sound and noticed HBO and the crowd go mental when manny throws a punch, i think this gave the impression pac was winning when he wasnt. Bradley was consitantly scoring with shots, was never rocked and was more active. Pacqiuao may have landed more overall but he went through large periods of inactivity an was probably only active for a 3rd of the fight. i never realised how much the crowd/commentry can influence me as a viewer.

i still cant see how one of the judges had bradley up by a few rounds, and im not saying bradley won. my point is this fight is a lot, lot closer than people make out.

my advice is turn off the commentry and score the fights yourself before you crticise a 'bad' decision.
drakknoir is offline  Top
Old 12-05-2013, 12:39 PM   #2
BoneKrusha
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Pacqiuao vs Bradley, was it really a robbery?

No it wasn't a robbery. Bradley won (on a bum ankle at that)

Watch this. Many of Pac's punches that are being cheered are NOT EVEN LANDING. Typical HBO bias exposed

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
BoneKrusha is offline  Top
Old 12-05-2013, 12:40 PM   #3
Robney
ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ
East Side VIP

vCash: 1320

Please.

I can score fights so CJ Ross is right on each and any of her bogus scorecards and make up some bull story to believably back it up too.

That still doesn't make it right.
Stop with that nonsense
Robney is offline  Top
Sponsored Links

Old 12-05-2013, 12:49 PM   #4
divac
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakknoir View Post
So the other night i find myself bored, decide to watch Bradley vs Pac for the first time since i watched it live. my girlfriend is sleeping so being the kind gentleman i am i decide to leave the sound off. although id never bothered to score the fight i was under the impression Manny did more than enough to win.

so i sit down get ready to score each round, a strange thing happens. i score it a draw, a draw!? iv never scored any fight iv watched a draw. i then rewatched it with sound and noticed HBO and the crowd go mental when manny throws a punch, i think this gave the impression pac was winning when he wasnt. Bradley was consitantly scoring with shots, was never rocked and was more active. Pacqiuao may have landed more overall but he went through large periods of inactivity an was probably only active for a 3rd of the fight. i never realised how much the crowd/commentry can influence me as a viewer.

i still cant see how one of the judges had bradley up by a few rounds, and im not saying bradley won. my point is this fight is a lot, lot closer than people make out.

my advice is turn off the commentry and score the fights yourself before you crticise a 'bad' decision.

Old news. Neutral boxing members on this site have been saying this since the fight happened.

Pacquiao threw more punches and even though Bradley was'nt getting hit square with most of Pacquiao's punches, the way he was jerking himself out of harms way created the illusion he was getting nailed.
In other words, Bradley's body language and the way he was facially reacting to incoming created the illusion he was getting hit more than he really was.

At the end of the day, neither fighter consistently landed many telling clean blows of note.

I can see where someone could have scored the fight a draw, but I personally had it scored for Pacquiao 7-5. He did'nt land a whole lot of clean shots, but neither did Bradley, and as a result, I found myself scoring that one or two closer round to Pacquiao due to sheer activity even though it was'nt much effective.

Of note, the outcome of this fight did puzzle me. Here you actualy had a fight where due to lack of alot o clear effective shots, a fight judge usually tends to score for the aggressor and especially if he's being a little more active........yet the fight is scored close for Pacquiao.

You have the first 3 fights between Marquez and Pacquiao where consistently on a round by round basis Marquez is visibly jolting and snapping Pacquiao's head back and in those fights the judges score for Pacquiao I'm assuming simply because he was coming foward eating leather.
Go figure!
divac is offline  Top
Old 12-05-2013, 12:50 PM   #5
The Mongoose
I honor my bets
East Side VIP

So the other night i find myself bored, decide to watch The Cosby Show Last Episode for the first time since i watched it live. my dog was sleeping so being the kind gentleman i am i decide to leave the sound off. although id never bothered to pay attention to the episdoe before i was under the impression Cliff finally gets the doorbell to ring properly at the end.

But with the sound off, a strange thing happens, I didn't hear the doorbell. I then rewatched it with the sound, waking up my dog, and the audience is going mental when the doorbell rings. My advice to you, dont cater to no sleeping *****, leave the sound on.
The Mongoose is offline  Top
Old 12-05-2013, 12:51 PM   #6
divac
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneKrusha View Post
No it wasn't a robbery. Bradley won (on a bum ankle at that)

Watch this. Many of Pac's punches that are being cheered are NOT EVEN LANDING. Typical HBO bias exposed

Hmmmm, does anyone know why the video wont post directly on the forum screen?
divac is offline  Top
Old 12-05-2013, 12:52 PM   #7
Sweet-D-Willy
Tha Realest
ESB Addict

i had Pac winning, but it was alot closer than what those nuthugging commentators and Ledderman had it.
Sweet-D-Willy is offline  Top
Old 12-05-2013, 12:55 PM   #8
progamer
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:

hi ross
progamer is offline  Top
Old 12-05-2013, 12:57 PM   #9
BoneKrusha
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by divac View Post

Hmmmm, does anyone know why the video wont post directly on the forum screen?
no idea
Old 12-05-2013, 12:59 PM   #10
texboxing00
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I think Pac edged it but close fight. I only saw it the day of the fight & have not botherd to watch it again. I can see how some prefer Bradley to Pac.

OP, Brave yourself, Pac****s are coming!
texboxing00 is offline  Top
Old 12-05-2013, 12:59 PM   #11
buckdacious
Sin~City punks!!!
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:

I scored it a draw too dude!! Im pretty sure Bradley won the last 3 rounds. i remeber Pac giving them away
buckdacious is offline  Top
Old 12-05-2013, 01:00 PM   #12
divac
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by progamer View Post
hi ross
Sup Buboy, who's Manny fighting next?
divac is offline  Top
Old 12-05-2013, 01:00 PM   #13
progamer
Champion
East Side Guru

just watch bradley's jabs. they werent scoring jabs. mostly landed on pac\s lead hand. with bradley's jab ineffective, his offensive rhythm is off.

those same jabs worked wonders against marquez. what was the difference?

floyd will have the same problem landing his jabs on pac.

those cotto and dela hoya jabs tthat were so effective against floyd, they were virtually non existent against pac.
progamer is offline  Top
Old 12-05-2013, 01:01 PM   #14
klion22
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 0

Quote:

I had it a draw myself after watching it several times. I honestly think that most boxing fans only watched the fight live and never bothered to watch it again. Which means they were obviously heavily influenced by HBO's legendary nut huggery of Pac that night.

It was a competitive fight. Pac probably did enough to win the fight but it was competitive. No way was it a white wash.
klion22 is offline  Top
Old 12-05-2013, 01:01 PM   #15
BoneKrusha
Contender
ESB Senior Member

And HBO's Bias is disgusting

Lol @ Lederman saying Bradley is showing no head movement. What an idiot

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum