Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 02-28-2008, 06:20 PM   #16
LeonMcS
The Mayor of Kronkton
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Here we go again...

Perhaps to save time and suffering through two craptastic undercards we could merge the fights and have boxings first ever triple threat match? I might even pay for a Mundine PPV in that case.
LeonMcS is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-2008, 08:54 PM   #17
stingray7
Journeyman

At what point does Mundine have to fight a WBA mandatory challenger? I don't get it.
stingray7 is offline  Top
Old 02-28-2008, 10:43 PM   #18
sambo1987
Contender
ESB Senior Member

This is so ridiculous. From both parties, not just mundine, but soliman as well. Soliman got soundly beaten (by a lucky punch I dont think so), and he should be looking at working his way up again (at middleweight! not smw) instead of taking up his rematch rematch clause.

I'm sick of mundine telling everyone he wants to 'shake up' the international scene, and then goes on about rematching soliman/green and any other argie who gets ranked at no.15 overnight. Atleast green seems to have moved on with his career, and has other priorities at the moment. Mundine and Soliman should do the same.

Right now I'd rather see: Kess Vs Mundine, Green Vs Briggs/Woods and Soliman should be rematching Hamdan!
sambo1987 is offline  Top
Old 02-28-2008, 11:44 PM   #19
waynesmale
TEAM LONEWOLF
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by huricn
while im a big fan of sam soliman he does not deserve a rematch.
either does danny green
Green made it clear on fox sports news he doesnt care about Mundine anymore and does not even thing about a rematch because he hast much better fights out there ( THIS I HAD SAID FOR A LONG TIME)

why waste time fighting Mundine a again when he can make a bigger name for himself in America or around the rest of the world.
waynesmale is offline  Top
Old 02-29-2008, 12:02 AM   #20
PedroDePacas
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambo1987
This is so ridiculous. From both parties, not just mundine, but soliman as well. Soliman got soundly beaten (by a lucky punch I dont think so), and he should be looking at working his way up again (at middleweight! not smw) instead of taking up his rematch rematch clause.
My thoughts exactly
PedroDePacas is offline  Top
Old 02-29-2008, 01:27 AM   #21
Steel Kelly
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

What is going on here? Soliman was lucky not to be KTFO in 2 rounds last time and was never in the fight! Mundine should ditch the belt and go to the USA now! It's Calzaghe, Kessler, Bute, Taylor, Wright, Pavlik or oblivion.
After the great win against Danny Green Mundine's career has slipped into caberet!
Steel Kelly is offline  Top
Old 02-29-2008, 01:51 AM   #22
Collateral
Journeyman

Knowing Aussie boxings luck, Soliman will beat Mundine with a wondershot and they will need another re-match.
Collateral is offline  Top
Old 02-29-2008, 03:41 AM   #23
daz52
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1195

A lucky shot? That was one of the most perfectly set up and timed right hands you will see in the sport... Ive watched the slow replay alot! I hate Mundines opposition and i hate this to but i do ask how much can we blame him for this one... If there was a rematch clause and Sammy is pushing it i put 100% blame on Sam for it, for once, maybe the 1st time its not Mundines fault
daz52 is offline  Top
Old 02-29-2008, 03:49 AM   #24
LeonMcS
The Mayor of Kronkton
East Side Guru

What I don't understand is, if there was a rematch clause in the first fight, why would he agree to another in the second?

Unless Mundine thought he was a chance to lose his title...

To be fair though, if this goes ahead Soloman should cover his bases and get another rematch clause. Maybe it could be a monthly thing for Anthony to get some valuable sparring in and practise his hilarious putdowns.
LeonMcS is offline  Top
Old 02-29-2008, 03:59 AM   #25
daz52
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1195

There was no rematch for Mundine Soliman I was there?
daz52 is offline  Top
Old 02-29-2008, 10:07 AM   #26
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 2611

**** Soliman must be devastated from the KO loss to want revenge. He has absolutely no chance to beat Mundine

is doing the right thing by not wanting the rematch, it's similar to the Mundine/Kessler situation, why go after someone who owned you the 1st time unless you have seriously improved and...socking it to Mundine that he wont have a chance to get his real belt
teke is offline  Top
Old 02-29-2008, 01:57 PM   #27
Faetter_BR
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by teke
What happens if he doesnt rematch, they strip him?

**** a Soliman rematch, that's the worse thing Mundine should do. Id rather him belt up another Argie, maybe Dekkers
Who would strip him? - WBA? - if there really is a rematchclause it has nothing to do with WBA - so actually he is in bigger risk of being stripped if he does fight Soliman as he is not even ranked in top15 (although another check should fix that, as it has done in the past three "defenses")

Other than that I agree - a big waste of time - Soliman has already been beaten - went on to loose in the contender ... been there already - let Soliman fight some-one his own level - say Hamdan
Faetter_BR is offline  Top
Old 02-29-2008, 02:39 PM   #28
Lead Right
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Mundine was injured, so his manditory status was altered.

After all the crap that Green and Soliman (and fans) carried on with over the years I would be happy ro see Mundine take alternate fights for the rest of his career against the two, giving a whooping every time.
Lead Right is offline  Top
Old 02-29-2008, 07:28 PM   #29
Rise Above
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 210

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead Right
Mundine was injured, so his manditory status was altered.

After all the crap that Green and Soliman (and fans) carried on with over the years I would be happy ro see Mundine take alternate fights for the rest of his career against the two, giving a whooping every time.
You'd be happy to watch Mundine jerking off in his bathroom.
Rise Above is offline  Top
Old 02-29-2008, 11:10 PM   #30
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 2611

Just watched the fight and it was a bloody good encounter. Great tough workout for Choc who has grown into a really good complete fighter.

His workrate was top notch in this fight, everytime he got tagged he came back threefold. He really needed this workout and it is clear to me that Anthony instinct these days is to stand and trade rather than run around which was him in his earlier days.

Hamden is a tough bitch and needs to rematch Soliman.

The fight surprised me.

Last edited by Boom_Boom; 03-10-2007 at 12:45 PM.
teke is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum