Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: Artur Szpilka vs. Bryant Jennings: who wins?
Jennings by KO/TKO/RTD 64 37.21%
Jennings by decision 36 20.93%
Szpilka by KO/TKO/RTD 46 26.74%
Szpilka by decision 8 4.65%
evenly matched, difficult to predict 18 10.47%
Voters: 172. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2013, 07:15 PM   #91
David HEY!!!
!!!!LOOK AT ME!!!!
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 112
Default Re: Artur Szpilka vs. Bryant Jennings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robney View Post
Before the Fed fight I thought Jennings was about the best US prospect (even above Ruiz jr). Now I'm not so sure anymore.
Jennings is OK but his lack of experience shows up in fights. He was getting walked down until the cut in the Fedesov fight.

IMO Jennings biggest flaw is lack of fluidity and creativity. He looks good in moments but lost in others.
David HEY!!! is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-2013, 07:38 PM   #92
GoodOldBoy
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by David HEY!!! View Post
Arent you the one who said Jennings is a REAL fighter but if he loses he is a complete joke?

Fans like youself?
A world beater does not go life and death with Brian Minto, rely on referee assistance in order to beat Mike Mollo or get his jaw broken by old man Jameel Mccline.

I've seen very little of Jennings, little I did see was him putting some punches on that White Wolf guy.

A fighter that loses to a fighter who goes life and death with Brian Minto ETC!!! is obviously a complete joke.
GoodOldBoy is offline  Top
Old 12-17-2013, 09:02 PM   #93
David HEY!!!
!!!!LOOK AT ME!!!!
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodOldBoy View Post
A world beater does not go life and death with Brian Minto, rely on referee assistance in order to beat Mike Mollo or get his jaw broken by old man Jameel Mccline.

I've seen very little of Jennings, little I did see was him putting some punches on that White Wolf guy.

A fighter that loses to a fighter who goes life and death with Brian Minto ETC!!! is obviously a complete joke.

I honestly dont think you have ever watched either of these guys fight.

I dont know where you get 'World Beater" from? Szpilka like Jennings is no more than a prospect, someone to keep an eye. Clearly you did not watch the Minto fight either. I have no idea where you get life and death from Szpilka won that fight comfortably.

Although the ref seemed to have it in for Mollo in the first fight i dont see how that in anyway helped Szpilka cleanly KO him twice.

Having your jaw broken can happen to any fighter at any time. Although McCline was past it he is still a mountain of a man and has managed to score KD's against some names. I take away from that fight the fact that Szpilka fought on with a broken jaw rather than the fact that it happened period.

You first call Jennings a REAL FIGHTER but then go on and say he would be a joke if he loses all based on watching snippets of his fight with Liakovich . Both of these guys are still question marks in the HW scene rather than being seen as the future. Without completly hating on Jennings it would be a joke for HW boxing if our next Champ had 17 amateur fights and turned pro at 25 and got there all within 20 pro fights. I really dont think he gets past most if not all of the top 10 right now. Shaw did pay for his top 5 ranking by 3 major orgs though..some are fooled by it!
Old 12-17-2013, 10:45 PM   #94
turbina
Polska Siła
ESB Addict

vCash: 465

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaKilla View Post
I think Jennings can out hustle Szpilka and win a decision Maybe stop him late..

The Big X factor is then chin of Jennings...

Szpilka has his flaws but he still has that fast,powerful, akward lefthand....

Szpilka is a bully... He has a big mouth/punch but is fragile. The way to beat him is to walk him down and make him quit. The problem is you need to take a few left hands on the way in
Szpilka is not fragile.. I don't see Jennings being able to walk him down, either. He will probably be boxing off the back-foot, and should hope he himself won't get walked down. Szpilka has good power, it is his defense and wild style that get him into trouble because he leaves himself wide open.
turbina is offline  Top
Old 12-17-2013, 11:55 PM   #95
ChicagoBoxLife
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Yes yes yes..... No American could ever hurt one of your polish brothers... you guys are just Too!!!! strong right?

You can't change facts with your silly chatter, what happened in that ring happened and can never be undone. It's fans like yourself that turn fighters names into poison cause normal boxing fans just can't stand reading the stupid biased shit that fans such as yourself write.
I'm being fair on both sides claiming that Szpilka's defense sucks. What's the point of being a fan if you don't believe in the boxer you support?

I gave you facts on that post. Szpilka gets up from the knockdowns right away. I think Jennings will win if it goes decision, but Szpilka is going all out to end it before. Try that for bias shit
ChicagoBoxLife is offline  Top
Old 12-17-2013, 11:58 PM   #96
ChicagoBoxLife
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:

Just to let you know, McCline was his 12th professional fight. You gonna talk shit about someone fighting better guys than journeymen this early than your a tool. Only Chisora has done the similar fights with no pretty records like your boy Wilder.
Old 12-18-2013, 07:16 AM   #97
chitownfightfan
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoBoxLife View Post
Jennings power is underrated because of that shitty KO record he's got.

I'm obviously pulling for Szpilka to win this by KO but in order to do that he really needs to work on his defense. Hopefully that will be #1 headline in his training camp.
Yeah, Jennings still hasnt become a "finisher". But his power is generated in his torque he puts on his shots. I don't think he's heavy handed.

But like I said, Jennings power is getting better as he learns to throw tighter shots. This can become real predictable b/c he has to somewhat load up to create that torque. It's not natural if what I mean to say.

But yeah, Szpilka has a real leaky defense, especially when he's on the offensive. Needs to tie that L hand up to his chin and spar a few dozen rds with just the R hand as his offense.

I favor Jennings in this one, but it aint gonna be a quittage or a beatdown ie Fedosov or Liakovich.

This is gonna be a war of attrition. And Jennings is gonna have to dig deep and put Sziplka away.

Used to be a Szpilka hater b/c of the way he was being touted after Lewis gave him props. Too many holes and a suspect chin. But after McCline, the tremendous heart he showed in that fight.....I became a fan. The Mollo wars just cemented him for me.
He'd have to become a jerk for me to stop liking him now. Even if he were to lose some.
chitownfightfan is offline  Top
Old 12-18-2013, 07:19 AM   #98
MrMagic
Super Six
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

If Jennings can't dispose of this bum, then he really has nothing to do in the heavyweight division.

Bryant by TKO around 5th or 6th.
MrMagic is offline  Top
Old 12-18-2013, 08:28 AM   #99
MaliBua
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Listen Atlas. What a passion.
MaliBua is offline  Top
Old 12-18-2013, 09:23 AM   #100
ChicagoBoxLife
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaliBua View Post

I hate Atlas

Leading up to Szpilka's KO win, Atlas is talking shit and then Szpilka delivers that awesome KO shot - top 10. Atlas was quiet then, I don't know why they bring in announcers to these kind of fights which Atlas doesn't know much about.
Old 12-18-2013, 10:46 AM   #101
MrMagic
Super Six
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
I hate Atlas

Leading up to Szpilka's KO win, Atlas is talking shit and then Szpilka delivers that awesome KO shot - top 10. Atlas was quiet then, I don't know why they bring in announcers to these kind of fights which Atlas doesn't know much about.
??
MrMagic is offline  Top
Old 12-18-2013, 11:12 AM   #102
ChicagoBoxLife
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMagic View Post
??
It was top 10 for the week on ESPN, not top 10 of all time
Old 12-18-2013, 12:41 PM   #103
David HEY!!!
!!!!LOOK AT ME!!!!
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaliBua View Post

Atlas was on a tear for there second fight. He was hating on Fonfara also.

The egomaniac Teddy thinks he is somehow tougher than the fighters he is commenting on.
Old 12-18-2013, 01:53 PM   #104
ChicagoBoxLife
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David HEY!!! View Post
Atlas was on a tear for there second fight. He was hating on Fonfara also.

The egomaniac Teddy thinks he is somehow tougher than the fighters he is commenting on.
I love when Atlas is proved wrong on live tv. Happens a lot
Old 12-18-2013, 01:59 PM   #105
David HEY!!!
!!!!LOOK AT ME!!!!
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
I love when Atlas is proved wrong on live tv. Happens a lot
I used to like Teddy a few years back until i realized he would shit on Tyson every chance he got. Teddy loves to bring up "heart, manhood and being exposed" in there. I would love to see his ass in there with getting his heart, and manhood exposed for all to see.
Closed Thread

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum