Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2013, 03:01 PM   #16
Malden
006
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MI6
Posts: 7,274
vCash: 284988
Default Re: Matchroom's Christmas Card - What a Massive Fail!!!!!!!

Wonder what Bundu is getting paid to come to the UK.

Seems like an all or nothing for Purdy. Bundu should be able to toy with him.
Malden is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-2013, 03:43 PM   #17
Terminator_X
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 2,361
vCash: 500
Default Re: Matchroom's Christmas Card - What a Massive Fail!!!!!!!

Truly terrible card.

Hearn is the devil and the fans are starting to see his true colours and he's just out to make as much money from boxing and not put anything back in.
Terminator_X is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 04:04 PM   #18
Mandanda
SkillspayBills
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South London
Posts: 13,023
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Matchroom's Christmas Card - What a Massive Fail!!!!!!!

The main event isn't great but it's a decent show IMO. A solid undercard with plenty of good trade fights.

As for viewing on Sky?. Well it's up to Sky to select the appropriate fights but they will most likely show the names who aren't really in deep.

I still think it's a decent card, Been worse..

Mitchell is a ticket seller in the east end. He needs regular fights and this is a European level fight. Bundu vs Purdy will be a good fight. Bundu's talented and Purdy's in last chance saloon in all honesty. Lets hope he makes the bloody weight!.

Owen vs Boylan, Connor vs Goodjohn are both good old fashioned trade fights and will be enjoyable dust ups. Then you got Joshua returning to the scene of his greatest triumph to date against a game and well versed Dorian Darch who will allow Anthony to showcase his ability in a decent test.
Mandanda is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 04:07 PM   #19
Strongback
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,700
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Matchroom's Christmas Card - What a Massive Fail!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandanda View Post
The main event isn't great but it's a decent show IMO. A solid undercard with plenty of good trade fights.

As for viewing on Sky?. Well it's up to Sky to select the appropriate fights but they will most likely show the names who aren't really in deep.

I still think it's a decent card, Been worse..


I hear you Eddie.......
Strongback is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 04:09 PM   #20
Mandanda
SkillspayBills
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South London
Posts: 13,023
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Matchroom's Christmas Card - What a Massive Fail!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongback View Post
I hear you Eddie.......
..

So what card would you suggest then Frank?..

I mean is it the worse card Eddie or the other TV promoters have had this year? I don't think so. Not great but solid enough. Better then the Wembley card this year or the Blackpool bill Eddie had with Rose headlining and better then the Copperbox bills thus far.

Last edited by Mandanda; 12-04-2013 at 04:52 PM.
Mandanda is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 04:38 PM   #21
troy
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 788
vCash: 500
Default Re: Matchroom's Christmas Card - What a Massive Fail!!!!!!!

Eddie taken the piss looks like Eddie filling his shows with domestic talent this shits sub standard
troy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 05:03 PM   #22
Paullow
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 413
vCash: 500
Default Re: Matchroom's Christmas Card - What a Massive Fail!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandanda View Post
The main event isn't great but it's a decent show IMO. A solid undercard with plenty of good trade fights.

As for viewing on Sky?. Well it's up to Sky to select the appropriate fights but they will most likely show the names who aren't really in deep.

I still think it's a decent card, Been worse..

Mitchell is a ticket seller in the east end. He needs regular fights and this is a European level fight. Bundu vs Purdy will be a good fight. Bundu's talented and Purdy's in last chance saloon in all honesty. Lets hope he makes the bloody weight!.

Owen vs Boylan, Connor vs Goodjohn are both good old fashioned trade fights and will be enjoyable dust ups. Then you got Joshua returning to the scene of his greatest triumph to date against a game and well versed Dorian Darch who will allow Anthony to showcase his ability in a decent test.
Pretty much similar views to me. Would far rather watch this than the one last Saturday.
Paullow is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 05:11 PM   #23
Mandanda
SkillspayBills
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South London
Posts: 13,023
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Matchroom's Christmas Card - What a Massive Fail!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paullow View Post
Pretty much similar views to me. Would far rather watch this than the one last Saturday.
Agreed it's not a great card but when Skeete vs Lynes is pretty much chief support along with Frank Buglioni vs Hovarth then you know it's a piss poor card.

I judge the cards on the night. Obviously if a card is truly woeful and you know all the fighters fighting and the fights they're in then you can prejudge to a point but i think people see boxrec and go ''don't know him, must be crap'' type attitude to these cards.

It's a decent Saturday night card on a already stacked night of boxing.
Mandanda is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 05:46 PM   #24
Lil Niall
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 263
vCash: 500
Default Re: Matchroom's Christmas Card - What a Massive Fail!!!!!!!

Pretty surprised this card is in London while the darts promoted by Machroom are also running.

Yes different sports but no chance of any crossover of fans.
Lil Niall is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 05:59 PM   #25
Strongback
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,700
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Matchroom's Christmas Card - What a Massive Fail!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandanda View Post
Agreed it's not a great card but when Skeete vs Lynes is pretty much chief support along with Frank Buglioni vs Hovarth then you know it's a piss poor card.

I judge the cards on the night. Obviously if a card is truly woeful and you know all the fighters fighting and the fights they're in then you can prejudge to a point but i think people see boxrec and go ''don't know him, must be crap'' type attitude to these cards.

It's a decent Saturday night card on a already stacked night of boxing.

This is Matchroom we are talking about. They have told us repeatedly they will offer quality cards and keep the Sky viewers coming back for more. They set their bar not me.

This card is literally sh!t. When the best fight on a Sky card involves Lee Purdy it's a poor day for boxing.

As to the Copper Box the Billy Joe Saunder v Jonn Ryder card was better than this latest effort by Shitroom.
Strongback is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 06:06 PM   #26
I Shot JR
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,455
vCash: 500
Default Re: Matchroom's Christmas Card - What a Massive Fail!!!!!!!

I thought this thread was to discuss the Hearn's Christmas card list. Disappointed.
I Shot JR is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 06:33 PM   #27
Mandanda
SkillspayBills
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South London
Posts: 13,023
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Matchroom's Christmas Card - What a Massive Fail!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongback View Post
This is Matchroom we are talking about. They have told us repeatedly they will offer quality cards and keep the Sky viewers coming back for more. They set their bar not me.

This card is literally sh!t. When the best fight on a Sky card involves Lee Purdy it's a poor day for boxing.

As to the Copper Box the Billy Joe Saunder v Jonn Ryder card was better than this latest effort by Shitroom.
You're right that Matchroom talk up their cards then again most promoters do but Eddie's given more of a platform through IFL and Sky. But at the end of the day the bill isn't as bad as you're making out.

It's a solid domestic card to the end year. I will reserve judgement of the bill till after the show. The fights could be better then you or others hope.
Mandanda is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 06:42 PM   #28
SLEDGE
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 144
vCash: 500
Default Re: Matchroom's Christmas Card - What a Massive Fail!!!!!!!

Shit card.. The home fighters are class but you two to tango in boxing.
SLEDGE is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 06:46 PM   #29
Terminator_X
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 2,361
vCash: 500
Default Re: Matchroom's Christmas Card - What a Massive Fail!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandanda View Post
You're right that Matchroom talk up their cards then again most promoters do but Eddie's given more of a platform through IFL and Sky. But at the end of the day the bill isn't as bad as you're making out.

It's a solid domestic card to the end year. I will reserve judgement of the bill till after the show. The fights could be better then you or others hope.
Eddie must love fans like you who accept bog standard average cards like this. Infact i have some magic beans to sell you if you're interested?

Sky/Hearn domestic boxing is supposed to be the Gold standard at the moment especially as they have nearly all the domestic boxers at their disposal so it's ridiculous saying it's better then other promoters cards who have less boxers on their books.

No wonder some of the viewing figures for these domestic shows have been amongst the lowest in Sky's boxing history. If it wasn't for Froch, Kell Brook and PrizeFighter things would be very grim indeed for Hearn.

I wouldn't be surprised if this show does less then 50,000 viewers.
Terminator_X is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 07:16 PM   #30
Mandanda
SkillspayBills
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South London
Posts: 13,023
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Matchroom's Christmas Card - What a Massive Fail!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator_X View Post
Eddie must love fans like you who accept bog standard average cards like this. Infact i have some magic beans to sell you if you're interested?

Sky/Hearn domestic boxing is supposed to be the Gold standard at the moment especially as they have nearly all the domestic boxers at their disposal so it's ridiculous saying it's better then other promoters cards who have less boxers on their books.

No wonder some of the viewing figures for these domestic shows have been amongst the lowest in Sky's boxing history. If it wasn't for Froch, Kell Brook and PrizeFighter things would be very grim indeed for Hearn.

I wouldn't be surprised if this show does less then 50,000 viewers.
Aw bless.

So many agenda driven clowns around atm. I just call it how i see it. Is it a top card?. Hell no but it's hardly a disgrace is it?!.

Instead of the petty insults alias how about posting up a realistic and logical card that could of happened on December 14th?.

I will be the first to admit Hearn hasn't produced consistent quality of cards he promised but the card on paper isn't absolute shite like many want to make out. Hence why i put it's a solid card.

My initial post says the ticket buyer will enjoy the undercard scraps. Sky may not pick the right fights to show and it could be a pretty average nights viewing for the man like you and me sitting in armchairs.

Both of our leading promoters need to fix up and produce better shows consistently. TBH i haven't seen anyone slating the Echo bill Frank's putting on. Equally solid cards IMO..
Mandanda is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013