Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2013, 05:13 AM   #76
rjones
newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 9
vCash: 0
Default Re: Matchroom's Christmas Card - What a Massive Fail!!!!!!!

Is Joshua off the bill ?!?!?! the fight vs Dorian Darch isn't on boxrec anymore
rjones is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2013, 06:15 AM   #77
Strongback
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,703
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Matchroom's Christmas Card - What a Massive Fail!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandanda View Post
You're clearly trolling now . You have no clue who the Italians are and rather then do some research you down them because it suits your petty agenda. Bundu isn't exactly hard to find neither .

You've dun messed up this one pal. The saying Frank's show isn't relevant then bringing it up sums it up . You've ducked more questions then a politician and don't even answer back to my answers to your questions or points.

You want ''names'' you mention Crolla and Quigg and i mention Mitchell is a name no matter his ability which is European/Fringe world which isn't to much better or worse then the other two yet you blank that.

You're rather naive and frankly clueless for someone in the sport for 30 years IMHO.


I don't know if I can wait until the 14th, I'll have have wet my knickers in anticipation of seeing Brunet Zamora and Leonard Bundu before then.

You are the one who can't let Wazza go. If you keep mentioning I somehow contradicted myself on Wazza it just keeps raising the fact that Wazza's show is better than Matchroom's even though Frank's is being done on a comparatively shoe string budget.

My contention, and has been since the start of the thread, is that Matchroom have put on a shit card given the exceptions they have raised with their very large well orchestrated media PR campaign since bursting back onto the British boxing scene. They also have the Sky platform to promote their fights and a contract to spend Murdock's money.

Kevin Mitchell got beaten up the two times he stepped up. He has lost his lustre. He needs to do more now to build himself back up to being one of the headline fights. On a Hearn card I would expect Mitchell to be a 4th, 5th, or 6th fight down the bill particularly given the fight he is in on the 14th.

Quigg on the other hand is on the rise and hold's a paper title. He is a fighter that can operate at world level. Crolla has been in some of the best fights seen in a British ring in recent times and is a fighter a lot of boxing fans like to watch, simply put he is popular. In the right fight he can go 2nd or 3rd from the top on on a Matchroom card such is the expectation they have raised with their PR.


Anyway if you look over your last post all you are doing is slinging insults and doing what you do best.........muddying the water and trying to divert away from the facts.


I always take it as a moral victory when a poster starts throwing in lots of smilies as if that's going to help their argument.
Strongback is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 06:49 AM   #78
Mandanda
SkillspayBills
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South London
Posts: 13,024
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Matchroom's Christmas Card - What a Massive Fail!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongback View Post
I don't know if I can wait until the 14th, I'll have have wet my knickers in anticipation of seeing Brunet Zamora and Leonard Bundu before then.

You are the one who can't let Wazza go. If you keep mentioning I somehow contradicted myself on Wazza it just keeps raising the fact that Wazza's show is better than Matchroom's even though Frank's is being done on a comparatively shoe string budget.

My contention, and has been since the start of the thread, is that Matchroom have put on a shit card given the exceptions they have raised with their very large well orchestrated media PR campaign since bursting back onto the British boxing scene. They also have the Sky platform to promote their fights and a contract to spend Murdock's money.

Kevin Mitchell got beaten up the two times he stepped up. He has lost his lustre. He needs to do more now to build himself back up to being one of the headline fights. On a Hearn card I would expect Mitchell to be a 4th, 5th, or 6th fight down the bill particularly given the fight he is in on the 14th.

Quigg on the other hand is on the rise and hold's a paper title. He is a fighter that can operate at world level. Crolla has been in some of the best fights seen in a British ring in recent times and is a fighter a lot of boxing fans like to watch, simply put he is popular. In the right fight he can go 2nd or 3rd from the top on on a Matchroom card such is the expectation they have raised with their PR.


Anyway if you look over your last post all you are doing is slinging insults and doing what you do best.........muddying the water and trying to divert away from the facts.


I always take it as a moral victory when a poster starts throwing in lots of smilies as if that's going to help their argument.
I do the same when they throw out childish insults within the first reply .

It's a forum and people are entitled to opinions that differ to yours and in the end the threads fallen apart..

As the fat guy in Hangover III said. You got son'd because you refused to answer legit questions, then used Frank's show when earlier it wasn't ok to and you want names and when a name gets mentioned it's waffle out some complete and utter nonsense. Crolla's no better or more popular then Mitchell in London and in boxing terms Mitchell's still equally as big a name. I like Crolla but i'm sure he lost to guys much lesser then Burns and Katsidis.

But you want Crolla in against Sykes in a III fight with Sykes already having a British title fight at Super Feather his natural fighting weight.

Now take your petty agenda driven nonsense to someone else.

Last edited by Mandanda; 12-06-2013 at 07:04 AM.
Mandanda is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 06:57 AM   #79
Strongback
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,703
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Matchroom's Christmas Card - What a Massive Fail!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandanda View Post
I do the same when they throw out childish insults within the first reply .

It's a forum and people are entitled to opinions that differ to yours and in the end the threads fallen apart..

As the fat guy in Hangover III said. You got son'd. Now take your petty agenda driven nonsense the someone else.

The only things that's fallen apart is your ability to keep defending a shit card.

You call me petty then you throw insults. You started off on the high moral ground being 'Mr. Reasonable' and now your rummaging around in the dirt.

I laid my cards down at the start of the thread. You're still denying your agenda.

As I said the 14th will tell the story.
Strongback is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 07:06 AM   #80
Mandanda
SkillspayBills
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South London
Posts: 13,024
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Matchroom's Christmas Card - What a Massive Fail!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongback View Post
The only things that's fallen apart is your ability to keep defending a shit card.

You call me petty then you throw insults. You started off on the high moral ground being 'Mr. Reasonable' and now your rummaging around in the dirt.

I laid my cards down at the start of the thread. You're still denying your agenda.

As I said the 14th will tell the story.
Rummaging in the dirt?. The same person who from the get go called me a fanboy for calling it a solid card and then i've got my head up Eddie's arse.

You haven't been able to prove it isn't. Even people who agreed with your initial post said you've lost your way. You've got no idea who Bundu and Zamora are so you slate them as poor fighters.

The show is solid to me. Just accept people have differing opinions. It's a forum for crying out loud.

You've admitted you have a agenda. It sums up your desperation to save the thread that for every answer is another point and another sure sign of ignorance to fighters, the sport, the business.

I mean come on the best you could come up with his Crolla vs Sykes III .

Funny you say wait till the 14th i said that a few pages back...
Mandanda is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 07:52 AM   #81
Strongback
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,703
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Matchroom's Christmas Card - What a Massive Fail!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandanda View Post
Rummaging in the dirt?. The same person who from the get go called me a fanboy for calling it a solid card and then i've got my head up Eddie's arse.

You haven't been able to prove it isn't. Even people who agreed with your initial post said you've lost your way. You've got no idea who Bundu and Zamora are so you slate them as poor fighters.

The show is solid to me. Just accept people have differing opinions. It's a forum for crying out loud.

You've admitted you have a agenda. It sums up your desperation to save the thread that for every answer is another point and another sure sign of ignorance to fighters, the sport, the business.

I mean come on the best you could come up with his Crolla vs Sykes III .

Funny you say wait till the 14th i said that a few pages back...

You are a Hearn fan boy. I wouldn't be surprised if you are on his payroll.

People who have agreed with me have not changed their minds in fact nobody in the last couple of pages has said anything one way or the other. This thread is about my opinion versus yours. You defending the Hearns PR shit bubble versus the voice of reason, me.

You are presuming I know nothing about Zamaro or Bundu, a bit of arrogant of you. I have to laugh, you think you are some kind of expert, spend your weekends watching mediocre Italian boxing do you? In the last few days I have watched both Italian on youtube and frankly unlike yourself I'm not doing cartwheels.

As to ignorance about British fighters you're the one who doesn't know what fighters the fans want to see. Crolla spices that card up no end, it wouldn't be hard, and Quigg adds a touch of class. If you can't see that stick to the football.

From your first post were you set out your agenda you have attempted to rubbish my opinion because it is anti-Matchroom. Its quite clear to me you have an inflated sense of your own self importance as can be seen through your arrogance. You have also swallowed a complete load of bollocks from Matchroom and you are going around talking about "trade fights" and the like, get a life.
Strongback is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 07:59 AM   #82
Mandanda
SkillspayBills
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South London
Posts: 13,024
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Matchroom's Christmas Card - What a Massive Fail!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongback View Post
You are a Hearn fan boy. I wouldn't be surprised if you are on his payroll.

People who have agreed with me have not changed their minds in fact nobody in the last couple of pages has said anything one way or the other. This thread is about my opinion versus yours. You defending the Hearns PR shit bubble versus the voice of reason, me.

You are presuming I know nothing about Zamaro or Bundu, a bit of arrogant of you. I have to laugh, you think you are some kind of expert, spend your weekends watching mediocre Italian boxing do you? In the last few days I have watched both Italian on youtube and frankly unlike yourself I'm not doing cartwheels.

As to ignorance about British fighters you're the one who doesn't know what fighters the fans want to see. Crolla spices that card up no end, it wouldn't be hard, and Quigg adds a touch of class. If you can't see that stick to the football.

From your first post were you set out your agenda you have attempted to rubbish my opinion because it is anti-Matchroom. Its quite clear to me you have an inflated sense of your own self importance as can be seen through your arrogance. You have also swallowed a complete load of bollocks from Matchroom and you are going around talking about "trade fights" and the like, get a life.
Got to laugh at this now.

You clearly haven't watched Zamora let alone Bundu and it comes across in your rambling posts. The guys have operated at good level and have better records then many imports who've come to these shores. Crolla ''spices'' up the card says it all for me.

So the fans are beating the drum to see Crolla vs Sykes III then?. First i've heard of it. Two European level fights get shot down because you don't know who they are. They aren't the glamour fights you desire.

Once again i stated it's a solid card, A few 50/50's and a few 60/40's to end of the year in a domestic show. Bundu will be a favourite going in against Purdy on here and in the trade IMO. You quite clearly haven't and seem to not be able to prove otherwise now yet because my opinion is it's solid i'm a fan boy yet throughout this thread i've slated Hearn's PPV's and said he's had some frankly average shows.

Maybe i'm feeding the troll here people but i got to admit it's funny watching this guy clutching at straws.

I would agree to disagree but you seem intent on having the last word for some reason. Whatever you've done to Strongback, Eddie. I just hope it was worth it because you've got a really upset hater in him .
Mandanda is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 08:13 AM   #83
Mandanda
SkillspayBills
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South London
Posts: 13,024
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Matchroom's Christmas Card - What a Massive Fail!!!!!!!

Anyways to finish off:

My major annoyance with Hearn is his inability to bring world title fights to these shores and his constant insistence on becoming Mandatory. But he's running a business so i know why he does it..

That and also the promises of major things such as the Froch-Groves PPV. He's still a young promoter and being around boxing long enough you know these guys aren't here to tell truth all the time. He does need to keep his promises to a minimum and deliver them.

That being said that's nowt to do with this card just a general observation..
Mandanda is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 08:39 AM   #84
JACK McWAVEY
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 760
vCash: 725
Default Re: Matchroom's Christmas Card - What a Massive Fail!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongback View Post
Do you first need a Sky set top box, satellite dish , broadband connection and the like? just asking as that's the only way I know how to get it. I know once the hardware is installed the subscription can be cancelled.
you can it on virgin as well as an online subscription
JACK McWAVEY is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 08:51 AM   #85
Strongback
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,703
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Matchroom's Christmas Card - What a Massive Fail!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandanda View Post
Got to laugh at this now.

You clearly haven't watched Zamora let alone Bundu and it comes across in your rambling posts. The guys have operated at good level and have better records then many imports who've come to these shores. Crolla ''spices'' up the card says it all for me.

So the fans are beating the drum to see Crolla vs Sykes III then?. First i've heard of it. Two European level fights get shot down because you don't know who they are. They aren't the glamour fights you desire.

Once again i stated it's a solid card, A few 50/50's and a few 60/40's to end of the year in a domestic show. Bundu will be a favourite going in against Purdy on here and in the trade IMO. You quite clearly haven't and seem to not be able to prove otherwise now yet because my opinion is it's solid i'm a fan boy yet throughout this thread i've slated Hearn's PPV's and said he's had some frankly average shows.

Maybe i'm feeding the troll here people but i got to admit it's funny watching this guy clutching at straws.

I would agree to disagree but you seem intent on having the last word for some reason. Whatever you've done to Strongback, Eddie. I just hope it was worth it because you've got a really upset hater in him .

I can guarantee you fans would prefer to see Crolla fighting than Lee Purdy, if you can't accept that then you've buried your head in the sand and won't see reason. Michell has a bit more appeal but he isn't a headline fighter unless he gets some quality wins under his belt.

I have told you I have watched the Italian's and seen enough to form an initial opinion which I expect will be verified on the 14th. You trying to make out you have a lot of knowledge of the Italians is bollocks. All you could have done is use Boxrec and Youtube just like everybody else. Then again maybe you scouted out the Italians for Matchroom.

Your whole argument is this is a solid card. My argument is it doesn't contain any of Matchroom's top 6 fighters and there should be a world level fight on it.

My view is Eddie is doing this on the cheap and as such I don't expect it will do good numbers on Sky. I'm certainly not excited about this card.


I am telling you straight up I am not trolling on this. I will hold up the Hearn's hypocrisy the best way I can as long as their sole purpose is to monopolise British boxing.

How long before Barry Hearn is chairman of the BBBofC? don't laugh he did it with snooker. Imagine if they owned all the boxers and the commission. Now you're thinking like a Hearn.

As for clutching at straws, I pulled every argument you had apart. You don't do rational thinking that well.
Strongback is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 09:02 AM   #86
Mandanda
SkillspayBills
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South London
Posts: 13,024
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Matchroom's Christmas Card - What a Massive Fail!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongback View Post
I can guarantee you fans would prefer to see Crolla fighting than Lee Purdy, if you can't accept that then you've buried your head in the sand and won't see reason. Michell has a bit more appeal but he isn't a headline fighter unless he gets some quality wins under his belt.

I have told you I have watched the Italian's and seen enough to form an initial opinion which I expect will be verified on the 14th. You trying to make out you have a lot of knowledge of the Italians is bollocks. All you could have done is use Boxrec and Youtube just like everybody else. Then again maybe you scouted out the Italians for Matchroom.

Your whole argument is this is a solid card. My argument is it doesn't contain any of Matchroom's top 6 fighters and there should be a world level fight on it.

My view is Eddie is doing this on the cheap and as such I don't expect it will do good numbers on Sky. I'm certainly not excited about this card.


I am telling you straight up I am not trolling on this. I will hold up the Hearn's hypocrisy the best way I can as long as their sole purpose is to monopolise British boxing.

How long before Barry Hearn is chairman of the BBBofC? don't laugh he did it with snooker. Imagine if they owned all the boxers and the commission. Now you're thinking like a Hearn.

As for clutching at straws, I pulled every argument you had apart. You don't do rational thinking that well.
Mitchell and Crolla then turns to Purdy . Sums my point up exactly!.

Bundu is the favourite going into the Purdy fight IMO and i think many fans will fancy a bet on him to win.

Not every show can have Matchroom's top 6 fighters on it neither for obvious reasons. I agree Hearn needs to provide bigger fights throughout the year but in all honesty this debate is about the standard of the card.

I have my thoughts, you have yours. We don't agree and won't.. That's life..
Mandanda is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 09:26 AM   #87
Strongback
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,703
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Matchroom's Christmas Card - What a Massive Fail!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandanda View Post
Mitchell and Crolla then turns to Purdy . Sums my point up exactly!.

Bundu is the favourite going into the Purdy fight IMO and i think many fans will fancy a bet on him to win.

Not every show can have Matchroom's top 6 fighters on it neither for obvious reasons. I agree Hearn needs to provide bigger fights throughout the year but in all honesty this debate is about the standard of the card.

I have my thoughts, you have yours. We don't agree and won't.. That's life..

Sums up what point exactly? maybe you could explain?

Is Purdy even in the right frame of mind to be fighting. What happened with the defrauding old people charge against him?

The top Matchroom fighters should be fighting at least twice a year. That means the Top 6 will fight 12 times. Spread them around different cards.

If PPV cards need a better undercard Hearn should put his hand in his pocket and bring in meaningful competitive fights from outside his stable. It's not like other promoters are not happy to get a chance to be on Sky.

Every established Matchroom fighter should be in a 50:50 or 60:40 fight at least once a year, lining up Eastern European journeymen is short changing the fans. We had enough of Frank doing that.

Matchroom set the bar high but with this card they have decided to walk under it.
Strongback is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 10:44 AM   #88
Mandanda
SkillspayBills
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South London
Posts: 13,024
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Matchroom's Christmas Card - What a Massive Fail!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongback View Post
Sums up what point exactly? maybe you could explain?

Is Purdy even in the right frame of mind to be fighting. What happened with the defrauding old people charge against him?

The top Matchroom fighters should be fighting at least twice a year. That means the Top 6 will fight 12 times. Spread them around different cards.

If PPV cards need a better undercard Hearn should put his hand in his pocket and bring in meaningful competitive fights from outside his stable. It's not like other promoters are not happy to get a chance to be on Sky.

Every established Matchroom fighter should be in a 50:50 or 60:40 fight at least once a year, lining up Eastern European journeymen is short changing the fans. We had enough of Frank doing that.

Matchroom set the bar high but with this card they have decided to walk under it.
Sums up that you once again move the goalposts so to speak. You mention a name i mention Mitchell you say Crolla's more of a name now and then i disagree and you then go onto Purdy which wasn't even the debate it was about the show having no names and me saying Mitchell and even Murray is now to a point albeit in with a journeyman but then again he's not a Matchroom fighter.

Crolla is a better fighter and name then Purdy yes no denying that but he was on the PPV in a touted domestic FOTY scrap with Gethin until he pulled out 9 days before so not much could be done he put the work in and got a fight with Foster Jnr in his hometown. A nice little showcase and earner for the lad to go into Christmas with. Purdy like all Matchroom fighters is entitled to fight on a bill and has a big chance coming up against Bundu.

I'm sure Purdy wouldn't be fighting if he was that much of a mental mess. I have no clue what happened with the charge.

The top 6 Matchroom fighters have most likely fought twice this year. I'm not even sure who your top 6 is..

I'm not sure who the European journeyman are. Eddie's been given stick for Argentinians not Europeans.

The 50/50 and 60/40 stuff i'm unsure of what fights your refer to with the established guys. I mean lets be honest here Hearn's matchmaking with Burns has been pretty damn bad. He's been bashed up twice. One was a mandatory TBF but the other was a very dangerous voluntary. Brook vs Senchenko was a 60/40 (Maybe 70/30 to some) and played out that way IMO. Senchenko no great shakes but hurting his man.

Froch vs Kessler II was a competitive war possibly a 60/40 going in (Froch's favor), Groves shocked many who underrated his skills and Froch went in heavy favorite but Boxing people knew Groves was dangerous (60/40). Barker's gone to the USA to beat Geale for his world title in which it was deemed a pick em' i'd say. Bellew took on Chilemba twice who is a slippery fringe world level customer in a fight where many as it lead up started to fancy Chilemba and they did for 2nd fight. Rees vs Crolla was a good fight and the underdog one. Rose vs Maciel was a eliminator for a world title and many feel Maciel won but it was a good fight and touted as a 50/50 or 60/40 in Maciel's favor.

No doubts he's put on some poor fights like Groves vs Alcoba and Barker vs Rotolo but then you've seen Selby ran close by Simion a talented Romanian Olympian. Brian Rose vs Alcine nearly ended up being a bad piece of matchmaking as Rose struggled to victory. Like all promotions they have good fights, bad fights, good shows, bad shows.

I feel Hearn messes up the undercards to PPV's. I think with the Sky bills he tries spread his deck nicely and at times it leaves the PPV's heavily reliant on the main event.

Anyways that's a debate for you and someone else to get into. I was here posting about the Excel card and the solidity of the Domestic/European SFN not Eddie Hearn and Matchroom Promotions.

Last edited by Mandanda; 12-06-2013 at 11:20 AM.
Mandanda is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 05:23 AM   #89
troy
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 796
vCash: 500
Default Re: Matchroom's Christmas Card - What a Massive Fail!!!!!!!

Bring back Friday fight night bloody miss those days matchroom exclusive sky is not a good thing
troy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 08:41 AM   #90
spurs ben316
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: London Wales
Posts: 138
vCash: 555
Default Re: Matchroom's Christmas Card - What a Massive Fail!!!!!!!

Yea bring back Friday night fights. Thing with the matchroom sky deal is there is no chance that fights with boxnation fighters wont happen.

Bellew Clev
Frampton Quigg just not gonna happen in my opinion unless they are on the same channel
spurs ben316 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013