Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 12-06-2013, 06:04 AM   #16
chitownfightfan
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 0
Default Re: Where are all the Matthysse supporters?

Im a Mathysse fan. But Im also a Garcia fan.

It was a good fight. And closer than ppl make out. I had Garcia winning 7-5.

I'll say this about Garcia.....his defense and ring generalship is a lot better than I originally thought.

And as for Lucas....his is not as good as I had thought.

I couldnt pick Lucas to beat Mayweather no more. He's just too slick for him. But Broner.....Lucas KO2.
chitownfightfan is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2013, 06:08 AM   #17
box4life11
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1444

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Grail View Post
Exactly

This thread was created by the troll modernfonzie who has nothing to do all day except think and talk about Mayweather.
Exactly it's the same 3-5 guys always hating on him nothing to see here..
box4life11 is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2013, 08:04 AM   #18
Cletis VanDamme
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 928

I was rooting for Matthysse, i never said he was unbeatable, but i'm still mad as f*ck the Garcia c¨nts won this fight.
Cletis VanDamme is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2013, 08:37 AM   #19
Faerun
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1171

I still like him although I admit having expected him to do better against Garcia. He lost fair and square and he would lose a rematch as well.
Faerun is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2013, 08:53 AM   #20
secretface
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delroc View Post
So you don't become a fan until they win big fights? Or you are no longer a fan when they lose? And in Matthysse's case a close fight where if he wasn't knocked downed in that rope tangle flurry and won that round, which he was before that, the fight would have been a draw on 2 judges scorecards. Matthysse won 4-2 rounds before the glove rake that closed his eye. That actually sounds kind of bandwagon'y of you.

Your favorite football team is the one that won the superbowl the year before right? (don't know what sport you watch, just using an example)
Man don't sound like a bitch, over analysing like a woman! The OP was referring to those who basically hyped Matthysse the **** up. I was one of them, I thought without a doubt he would be too powerful for Garcia when Garcia basically showed him up to be a very one dimensional boxer and took his shots at the same time. It isn't about winning or losing, its about those of us who had in our minds Matthysse being this big shot freight train ****er that will run straight through opponents, it didn't happen. I'm still a fan, but I won't be hyping him up anymore. The same thing happened to me with Kirkland, I've been following that boy since well early, telling everyone he will blast away all, **** me was I wrong, but I'm still a fan, just no more hyping the boy up.

I don't know what the **** you're talking about superbollox for, but football is a game you play with your feet, hence the name. Just keeping it 100
secretface is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2013, 09:09 AM   #21
modernfonzie
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Grail View Post
Exactly

This thread was created by the troll modernfonzie who has nothing to do all day except think and talk about Mayweather.
Lmao I love my life bro. Its going swell. And I post good threads all the time. But He's my favorite fighter so deal with it.
modernfonzie is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2013, 09:15 AM   #22
LondonRingRules
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet-D-Willy View Post
their nuthugging was something fierce. so glad my boy Danny ended the hype and put them on silent mode..

most of them moved on and started nuthugging guys like Provodnikov or GGG.
Being a matthysse fan automatically makes you a nuthugger? I'm sure when he announces his next fight people will be talkin about him again. I'm a fan but funnily enough I don't feel the need to talk about him 24/7, must be a nuthugger...

I don't expect you to reply because you don't think or speak rationally so my post has probably confused you
LondonRingRules is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2013, 09:49 AM   #23
miniq
神風
East Side Guru

vCash: 224

Here...

Let Matthysse hibernate over the winter in peace.
miniq is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2013, 09:57 AM   #24
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 10000

Never went anywhere. How quickly everyone forgets that Matthysse was getting the best of it early. Garcia hardly "exposed" anyone, nor would you be wise to favor him confidently in a rematch. You're deluding yourself if you think extenuating circumstances played no part in the result on the night.
IntentionalButt is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2013, 09:59 AM   #25
Bad Boyz
Sportscenter
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Still here, even though I'm not exactly a fan of him, but I'm picking him over Garcia once again in a rematch. The fight was so close that had Matthysse not gone down in the 11th, he would've won the fight on 2 of the scorecards.
Bad Boyz is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2013, 10:04 AM   #26
ocelot
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Still a big matthysee fan. Exciting fighter. Very close fight with Garcia. Looking forward to the announcement of next fight, which i wish would be a rematch but won't be
ocelot is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2013, 11:05 AM   #27
SUPER TROJAN
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Gilfoid View Post
Lucas is a gatekeeper at best
He should have been an ex-IBF champion by now, after defeating Peterson. He's world class, but he just ran into another machine from Philly.

He'll be champion again. Just watch!

I can't wait to hear what's next for him. He's fun to watch, regardless.
SUPER TROJAN is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2013, 11:33 AM   #28
Delroc
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1233

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretface View Post
Man don't sound like a bitch, over analysing like a woman! The OP was referring to those who basically hyped Matthysse the **** up. I was one of them, I thought without a doubt he would be too powerful for Garcia when Garcia basically showed him up to be a very one dimensional boxer and took his shots at the same time. It isn't about winning or losing, its about those of us who had in our minds Matthysse being this big shot freight train ****er that will run straight through opponents, it didn't happen. I'm still a fan, but I won't be hyping him up anymore. The same thing happened to me with Kirkland, I've been following that boy since well early, telling everyone he will blast away all, **** me was I wrong, but I'm still a fan, just no more hyping the boy up.

I don't know what the **** you're talking about superbollox for, but football is a game you play with your feet, hence the name. Just keeping it 100
stfu you forum gangsta. You got mad as hell just now because you couldn't handle that I just called you for what you are, a bandwagon fan. Hows that for keeping it 100.

edit---Over analyzing for speaking about facts within the fight? **** outta here, everything i said was true.

Last edited by Delroc; 12-06-2013 at 11:46 AM.
Delroc is online now  Top
Old 12-06-2013, 12:09 PM   #29
Delroc
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1233

maybe i myself just got a little upset in my last post. fair weather fans piss me off, if you cant support your fighter when hes at the bottom you dont deserve to support him when hes on top.

Apparently "hyping" a fighter nowadays means supporting them even in the slightest.
Delroc is online now  Top
Old 12-06-2013, 12:13 PM   #30
-GhettoWizard-
Contender
ESB Senior Member

hes still healing up....there isn't much to talk about.
-GhettoWizard- is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum