Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2013, 04:56 PM   #16
oba carr
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 275
vCash: 500
Default Re: Soliman losses IBF mandatory posy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidniteProwler View Post
Because he cheated to win, who knows how many other times he has been juicing, none of his wins are credible anymore.
Im Confused, if the B sample came back clean, as reported to what happened according to the Herald sun, why is it still considered a NC on Boxrec? So I assume that makes him a drug cheat, what was his penalty? Have I missed something?
oba carr is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-2013, 05:02 PM   #17
MidniteProwler
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,305
vCash: 500
Default Re: Soliman losses IBF mandatory posy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oba carr View Post
Im Confused, if the B sample came back clean, as reported to what happened according to the Herald sun, why is it still considered a NC on Boxrec? So I assume that makes him a drug cheat, what was his penalty? Have I missed something?
Only Soliman and his camp said thr B sample came back clean.
He is a drug cheat and should not be allowed anywhere near a title fight. I will curious if there was testing for his latest fight with Sherrington. Soliman looked like he was on the juice again.
MidniteProwler is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 05:10 PM   #18
oba carr
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 275
vCash: 500
Default Re: Soliman losses IBF mandatory posy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidniteProwler View Post
Only Soliman and his camp said thr B sample came back clean.
He is a drug cheat and should not be allowed anywhere near a title fight. I will curious if there was testing for his latest fight with Sherrington. Soliman looked like he was on the juice again.
Wasnt it his promotion? If so I doubt it. Its shit like this that makes the sport laughable. If you fail a test, which he did, take your whack or smack on the hands and cop it. But dont drag it out saying that it was in an over the counter drink that sparked the result and then say it came back clean and so on. Hes a professional, start acting like one.
oba carr is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 07:01 PM   #19
fighta29
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 885
vCash: 500
Default Re: Soliman losses IBF mandatory posy!!

Soliman is a 40 yr old annoyance... The non HGH version of him will get bashed by sturm, if it even happens, and he will go back to being the serial whinger we all know....
fighta29 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 07:59 PM   #20
stiflers mum
Gartlett nuthugger #1
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: living rent free in Buster 007's head
Posts: 9,419
vCash: 700
Default Re: Soliman losses IBF mandatory posy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oba carr View Post
Im Confused, if the B sample came back clean, as reported to what happened according to the Herald sun, why is it still considered a NC on Boxrec? So I assume that makes him a drug cheat, what was his penalty? Have I missed something?
The B sample wasn't tested for the substance he tested positive to(oxifilirine) only for substances on the IBF banned list.


Sam Soliman suspended for nine months

By Malte Müller-Michaelis
The Bund Deutscher Berufsboxer (BDB) has officially suspended middleweight contender Sam Soliman for nine months. In addition to that, the result of Soliman’s IBF elimination bout against Felix Sturm on February 1st, 2013, was changed into a “no contest”. Soliman has been found guilty of violating the BDB anti-doping rules when the illegal stimulant methylsynephrine was found in his A sample.
According to the BDB, Soliman was notified of the finding but refused to have the B sample opened at the same laboratory which checked the A sample. Therefore, the result of the A sample was confirmed leading to the judgement and suspension. Now it is up to the IBF to decide what happens with the elimination process in the middleweight division.


So while oxifilirine is on the BDB and WADA as a banned stimulant it's not on the IBF list as a banned substance. So that's why Sam said his B sample came back clean but the result remains a NC. Different rules apply for each organisation. 9 month suspension(from fighting in Germany)>
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 01:15 AM   #21
TCboxa
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: OLYMPUS
Posts: 9,697
vCash: 346
Default Re: Soliman losses IBF mandatory posy!!

Soliman was holding onto that rating and fighting his ass off to keep it because he wanted a crack at Geale. He wanted it so badly that they sent his B sample to a lab in USA and didn't even have them test for the substance he was busting using in germany, they did this to provide a false and misleading report that his B sample came back clean, well technically it did because the drug he was busted with, the same one banned by the WADA wasn't tested for in his b sample. The lab he sent it to isn't even an accredited WADA lab, its some private lab in USA.

So he knows he can fool the AUS Public but he cant fool the germans, they think he is a drug cheat and there is no way in hell they will give him a crack at the IBF title, even if they were forced to do so they go over soliman like AUS customs going over a passenger who just returned from Columbia lol

WBA route looks like he wasn't kidding about wanting a crack at GGG. I rekon he has lost a few brain cells cause if Mundine knocked him stupid just imagine what GGG is gonna do. End of the day imo for Soliman its only about the money. Not saying he doesn't fight to win but he must know by now he is not world championship material and his run is up.
TCboxa is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 01:23 AM   #22
The Boom!
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 103
vCash: 500
Default Re: Soliman losses IBF mandatory posy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCboxa View Post
End of the day imo for Soliman its only about the money. Not saying he doesn't fight to win but he must know by now he is not world championship material and his run is up.
I think that's very harsh. He's set a goal and after some serious set-backs, which for most would have been enough to give up, he's still hasn't given up.

He's had some big money fights but for a long time he was fighting for what I'd guess would have been only a few grand a fight. Probably made ok money when he was fighting in Europe but he was prepared to travel for it and it still wouldn't have been awesome
The Boom! is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 01:28 AM   #23
TCboxa
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: OLYMPUS
Posts: 9,697
vCash: 346
Default Re: Soliman losses IBF mandatory posy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiflers mum View Post
The B sample wasn't tested for the substance he tested positive to(oxifilirine) only for substances on the IBF banned list.


Sam Soliman suspended for nine months

By Malte Müller-Michaelis
The Bund Deutscher Berufsboxer (BDB) has officially suspended middleweight contender Sam Soliman for nine months. In addition to that, the result of Soliman’s IBF elimination bout against Felix Sturm on February 1st, 2013, was changed into a “no contest”. Soliman has been found guilty of violating the BDB anti-doping rules when the illegal stimulant methylsynephrine was found in his A sample.
According to the BDB, Soliman was notified of the finding but refused to have the B sample opened at the same laboratory which checked the A sample. Therefore, the result of the A sample was confirmed leading to the judgement and suspension. Now it is up to the IBF to decide what happens with the elimination process in the middleweight division.


So while oxifilirine is on the BDB and WADA as a banned stimulant it's not on the IBF list as a banned substance. So that's why Sam said his B sample came back clean but the result remains a NC. Different rules apply for each organization. 9 month suspension(from fighting in Germany)>
Soliman and his camp demanded WADA testing, the only stipulation about the IBF is if there was a dispute. Now just because he turns up a dirty piss test to a banned substance by the WADA does not mean a dispute is at hand, it means he got busted and is mearly twisting sht to suit his own agenda. The IBF take precedence over disputes related gloves etc, the testing was handed over to the WADA whom were responsible and this was pushed hard by solimans camp to do so. Its ironic that soliman demanded all these tests for sturm and then gets busted himself, he should be dragged over the coals for it and his camp know that, its why they went on such a malicious campaign of denial.

Its kinda like Danny telling us that he felled Briggs with a legit blow, soft part of the skull, Soliman and his team are trying to tell us all he come back clean but they fail to mention that the substance he got busted with wasn't even tested for in his B sample. Its a shame they didnt ban him for longer because he sure didnt learn much of a lesson, evident by the campaign of denial and propaganda that followed.

I was the first to point out that they never tested for the substance he got busted with, i also pointed out that the energy drink he claims he didn't know had a banned substance in it actually says the banned substances name on the ingredients label, that's when a soliman nut hugger came on and said well it was reported he took that energy drink, not confirmed by soliman, well it wasn't denied either.

Soliman is hoping he gets a fight with GGG, if he has any brains he would realize he cant defeat GGG but it would be worth at least 150k - 250k to soliman and i honestly rekon that is all he is thinking about. He wants one last final pay day. imo he should quit while he is ahead, he has made quiet alot of money from boxing for someone with a limited skill set. Im guessing he knows how to spend the money but not how to hang onto it for his future and this may be a case that he actually NEEDs the money to fund his current lifestyle and living arrangements, financial commitments etc.
TCboxa is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 01:36 AM   #24
TCboxa
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: OLYMPUS
Posts: 9,697
vCash: 346
Default Re: Soliman losses IBF mandatory posy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boom! View Post
I think that's very harsh. He's set a goal and after some serious set-backs, which for most would have been enough to give up, he's still hasn't given up.

He's had some big money fights but for a long time he was fighting for what I'd guess would have been only a few grand a fight. Probably made ok money when he was fighting in Europe but he was prepared to travel for it and it still wouldn't have been awesome
boxing is a poor mans sport, if you can make alot of money from it then your either very skilled and gifted or just dam lucky.

He made quiet a bit of money from both of the last Mundine fights. Half a Million dollars to be exact, and to fight Sturm he would have earned a fair bit of coin. He got another big fight in USA but im unsure as to what he was paid, either way he has earned alot more money than most average boxers would earn in AUS.

HE isnt alone in having to travel, many boxers have had to do it that way, one that springs to Mind is Steve Cunningham and he did quiet well from it. Just think for one second right, He got KTFO by Mundine and basically dominated, he got his biggest payday from that fight, but rather than call it quits after being dominated in such a fashion, he initiated the rematch clause to cash in on another fight no one wanted to see, one of which mundine was criticized for and as such basically carried soliman the entire fight when he could have repeated the lesson he dished out to him during the last fight.

I dont hate the guy but ill call a spade a spade. He wont win a world title and he is just chasing the money, he cheated, got busted and tried to treat us all like fools. Its not the first time he has done this, when he initiated the rematch clause against mundine who do you think sufferd the most? It was the fan who didn't want to see that bullsht again and most importantly the sport just didn't need it. He is doing the same thing with this drug cheat bullsht, he should have just been a man about it.
TCboxa is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 03:45 AM   #25
oba carr
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 275
vCash: 500
Default Re: Soliman losses IBF mandatory posy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCboxa View Post
boxing is a poor mans sport, if you can make alot of money from it then your either very skilled and gifted or just dam lucky.

He made quiet a bit of money from both of the last Mundine fights. Half a Million dollars to be exact, and to fight Sturm he would have earned a fair bit of coin. He got another big fight in USA but im unsure as to what he was paid, either way he has earned alot more money than most average boxers would earn in AUS.

HE isnt alone in having to travel, many boxers have had to do it that way, one that springs to Mind is Steve Cunningham and he did quiet well from it. Just think for one second right, He got KTFO by Mundine and basically dominated, he got his biggest payday from that fight, but rather than call it quits after being dominated in such a fashion, he initiated the rematch clause to cash in on another fight no one wanted to see, one of which mundine was criticized for and as such basically carried soliman the entire fight when he could have repeated the lesson he dished out to him during the last fight.

I dont hate the guy but ill call a spade a spade. He wont win a world title and he is just chasing the money, he cheated, got busted and tried to treat us all like fools. Its not the first time he has done this, when he initiated the rematch clause against mundine who do you think sufferd the most? It was the fan who didn't want to see that bullsht again and most importantly the sport just didn't need it. He is doing the same thing with this drug cheat bullsht, he should have just been a man about it.
I've heard, I don't know if its true or not but it was from someone who would know that he got 370k for the Sturm fight, even if you fight once a year its a fair wage.
oba carr is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 06:07 AM   #26
The Boom!
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 103
vCash: 500
Default Re: Soliman losses IBF mandatory posy!!

He's created his luck. He hasn't been like a Fenech fighter that wont leave Sydney, fighting 20 Thai cab-drivers in a row and whinge when title holders don't wanna give them a shot. He's chased the best fighters all around the world.

Mundine-Soliman 3 was f'ing annoying. But honestly I don't blame Soliman for taking every big pay-day he can grab. How many millions has Mundine made from fighting absolute nobodies? That to me is worse than Soliman forcing a rematch with Mundine.

Geale get's damned for ducking Golovkin, Soliman get's damned for wanting to step up to the plate. If all aussie fighters were as game as Soliman we'd have nothing to complain about
The Boom! is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 02:28 AM   #27
TCboxa
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: OLYMPUS
Posts: 9,697
vCash: 346
Default Re: Soliman losses IBF mandatory posy!!

There is nothing wrong with being game but he should know his own ability's and those ability's do not in any way shape or form suggest he should even be in the same ring as GGG, all he is doing is chasing the money. Its like saying he wants to fight Mike Tyson in his prime, he sure as sht isnt going to win and is just chasing the money, should we all stand and applaud that? i wont, if you are then you should applaud Mundine for saying he wants to fight Mayweather because its for the exact same reason Soliman wants to fight GGG.

you claim he chased the best fighters all around the world yet fail to mention that his first fight overseas in USA he fought a guy who had been knocked out 10 times in a row prior to fighting soliman and had a record of 5-20-0, mind you soliman couldn't knock him out and won on a UD lol. His 3rd fight overseas he fought a guy coming off a 13 fight loosing streak and whos record at the time was 16-38-5. When ever he did step it up he lost.

As for cashing in on another payday with Mundine, two wrongs don't make a right. For Soliman its no longer about winning a world title, its about making as much money from the sport as he can and it has been like that since Mundine Soliman 3
TCboxa is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 07:57 AM   #28
Ralph the Dog
putrid smelling sweat hog
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 500
vCash: 510
Default Re: Soliman losses IBF mandatory posy!!

Good on Soliman heading down the WBA route with the aim of a title showdown with GGG.
Ralph the Dog is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 08:49 AM   #29
Da Voice
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: In your couch, stealn' your change
Posts: 2,030
vCash: 500
Default Re: Soliman losses IBF mandatory posy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph the Dog View Post
Good on Soliman heading down the WBA route with the aim of a title showdown with GGG.
Waste of time IMO. He'll never get there & will most likely be PABA interim champ for yonks.
Da Voice is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 04:37 PM   #30
The Boom!
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 103
vCash: 500
Default Re: Soliman losses IBF mandatory posy!!

I'd respect Mundine a lot more if he actually took the hard fights that would lead him to Mayweather, but he's not game enough to take that risk. The difference with Soliman is he would actually would take on Golovkin.

No doubt Soliman's after all the money he can get. Just like every other fighter in the world is. Seriously, name me a fighter in history that didn't care about making money.

But he's still rocking up to fights in top shape and willing to mix it with the best. I just find it ridiculous to damn a guy for wanting to take on Golovkin, regardless of his motive, whilst damning another guy for ducking him
The Boom! is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013