Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 01-12-2014, 12:06 AM   #46
Trav10

vCash: 500
Default Re: Soliman losses IBF mandatory posy!!

Sam got robbed in at least 1, arguably 2 fights against Mundine. Go watch them for yourselves. This is the problem with boxing- judges pull scorecards out from their nether regions. It has no competitive integrity whatsoever, compared to virtually all other professional sports. Just look at the Pacman vs Bradley drama for further evidence of this. Or pick any of the countless other examples. If boxing wants to be taken seriously as a sport moving into the future, they should make judges put up scores during the bout as they do in Commonwealth Games boxing.

As for the testing saga, the B sample was clean under the IBF rules and the rules of the fight, which is why the IBF maintained his ranking as the number 1 challenger. End of story.
Trav10 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2014, 12:48 AM   #47
MidniteProwler
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trav10 View Post
Sam got robbed in at least 1, arguably 2 fights against Mundine. Go watch them for yourselves. This is the problem with boxing- judges pull scorecards out from their nether regions. It has no competitive integrity whatsoever, compared to virtually all other professional sports. Just look at the Pacman vs Bradley drama for further evidence of this. Or pick any of the countless other examples. If boxing wants to be taken seriously as a sport moving into the future, they should make judges put up scores during the bout as they do in Commonwealth Games boxing.

As for the testing saga, the B sample was clean under the IBF rules and the rules of the fight, which is why the IBF maintained his ranking as the number 1 challenger. End of story.
Bahahaha Mundine brutalized shiithead Soliman only thier first fight was close you troll.
MidniteProwler is offline  Top
Old 01-12-2014, 12:49 AM   #48
stiflers mum
Gartlett nuthugger #1
East Side Guru

vCash: 700

Didn't see Mundine-Soliman III but I suggest you go to you-tube and type ''Anthony Mundine vs Sam Soliman I Woollongong 2001'' and rewatch the fight. No robbery close fight. Sam Soliman thinks he was robbed in every fight he finishes upright.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Old 01-12-2014, 01:07 AM   #49
TCboxa
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 346

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiflers mum View Post
The stimulant he tested positive for oxifilirine is a stimulant banned by WADA but not the IBF. The US sample wasn't tested for oxifilirine that's why it came back clean. The funny thing is Soliman insisted NADA/WADA testing and got caught.
Exactly!

In another article, soliman and his camp complain about NOT being given a list of substances that Sturm would be tested for and on the other hand he claims it wasn't on IBF list? By their own admissions they werent even given a farkn list.

@ohwat049, you tell me to grow up then have a winge about someone else not having a pro fight which has nothing to do with soliman what so ever. 99% of the people posting on this forum haven't had a pro fight derp.

Its a no brainer statement that soliman has nothing to put on the line because he has no title to put on the line, he fights like a spastic and is only in it for the money, he is not an elite level fighter, his fan base is very small, he isn't a draw card, isn't entertaining to watch, plain and simple, its time to face reality pal.
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 01-12-2014, 01:10 AM   #50
Trav10

I'd have to rewatch the third. It's hard to tell from 50 rows back and it was nearly 6 years ago. That's why I said "arguably".

But Sam was robbed in the first fight at Wollongong. The crowd knew it too- they were cheering for Mundine at the start and Sammy by the end!
Trav10 is offline  Top
Old 01-12-2014, 01:19 AM   #51
Trav10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCboxa View Post

Its a no brainer statement that soliman has nothing to put on the line because he has no title to put on the line, he fights like a spastic and is only in it for the money, he is not an elite level fighter, his fan base is very small, he isn't a draw card, isn't entertaining to watch, plain and simple, its time to face reality pal.
Lol, big comments on the internet here. If Sam's not elite, why did he easily beat Wood, who knocked out your man Mundine? Haha, dear me.

Besides, super middleweight isn't even Sam's best division, like any boxer he takes opportunities but unlike most, he'll fight anyone, anywhere, anytime- AAA fighter.

And of course he's in it for money (and he loves the sport too), he's got a 4 year old son who's starting school soon. Duh.....
Trav10 is offline  Top
Old 01-12-2014, 01:47 AM   #52
MidniteProwler
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Lol, big comments on the internet here. If Sam's not elite, why did he easily beat Wood, who knocked out your man Mundine? Haha, dear me.

Besides, super middleweight isn't even Sam's best division, like any boxer he takes opportunities but unlike most, he'll fight anyone, anywhere, anytime- AAA fighter.

And of course he's in it for money (and he loves the sport too), he's got a 4 year old son who's starting school soon. Duh.....
I love how the haters don't aknowledge that Mundine beat Wood in the rematch and dropped him twice. Mundine gave Soliman the beating of his life so deal with it.
MidniteProwler is offline  Top
Old 01-12-2014, 01:54 AM   #53
TCboxa
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:

Wood is a retard, he got lucky, big deal. Wood also beat some dam good fighters in the contender because he wasn't pulled up for repeated fouls. His crash tackle style was permitted. Either way Mundine is not my man lol, id suggest you read a recent post i made about him [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I will let you in on a little secret lol.. boxing is a poor mans sport. If your in it for the money then go get a decent job. if you add up the hours spent training, then add up those hours if they were paid working hours, it always works out better in the long run to have those hours in a paid job. The chances of hitting the jackpot in boxing are slim to none. Sam has been pretty lucky so far but he has the bug and has grown very greedy in the sport. At best he is a gate keeper, he just keeps that #1 spot and sells it to the highest bidder, its not hard to get #1 IBF spot either, just look at Billy Dib as a classic example. In boxing its not what you know but WHO you know.

anything else i can help you with champ?
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 01-12-2014, 01:54 AM   #54
like a boss
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Mundine v Soliman I was a good close fight. Unless of course you are a troll
like a boss is offline  Top
Old 01-12-2014, 02:20 AM   #55
stiflers mum
Gartlett nuthugger #1
East Side Guru

vCash: 700

Quote:
Originally Posted by like a boss View Post
Mundine v Soliman I was a good close fight. Unless of course you are a troll
Agreed but it was not a robbery. Fenech-Nelson I,Lara-Williams,Pac-JMM III are robberies.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Old 01-12-2014, 02:21 AM   #56
Trav10

Quote:
In boxing its not what you know but WHO you know.
Interesting post but I think your last line said it all mate! To someone like myself who follows a few different sports and has a little bit of interest in boxing, the sport sometimes seems to be nothing more than a joke. And this is why.

The problem with what you're saying is this: Sam isn't selling anything to the highest bidder because there's nothing to sell! The IBF #1 ranking isn't worth the paper it's written on. That's been proven over the past couple of years. Believe me, Sam isn't interested in fighting Albert or Lorenzo or Wood or Sherrington. He's interested in a middleweight world title shot. The fact that he hasn't got it is a disgrace.
Trav10 is offline  Top
Old 01-12-2014, 02:23 AM   #57
like a boss
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiflers mum View Post
Agreed but it was not a robbery. Fenech-Nelson I,Lara-Williams,Pac-JMM III are robberies.
Where did I suggest it was a robbery?
like a boss is offline  Top
Old 01-12-2014, 02:43 AM   #58
TCboxa
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Interesting post but I think your last line said it all mate! To someone like myself who follows a few different sports and has a little bit of interest in boxing, the sport sometimes seems to be nothing more than a joke. And this is why.

The problem with what you're saying is this: Sam isn't selling anything to the highest bidder because there's nothing to sell! The IBF #1 ranking isn't worth the paper it's written on. That's been proven over the past couple of years. Believe me, Sam isn't interested in fighting Albert or Lorenzo or Wood or Sherrington. He's interested in a middleweight world title shot. The fact that he hasn't got it is a disgrace.
So why did he fight Sturm then?
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 01-12-2014, 03:00 AM   #59
Trav10

Quote:
So why did he fight Sturm then?
He would've taken the fight mostly for the money of course. But keep in mind that Geale had already used a loophole and paid off the IBF for the chance to duck Sam and fight Mundine- and Sam didn't take the Sturm fight until he knew Geale had ducked him.

If you're a 39 year old boxer with a young family and you have 2 choices 1. No fight for 8 months or 2. Fight a big name overseas, what do you do? I thought so...

But taking one fight for money doesn't mean money is all he's interested in or that he's "greedy" or some crap. Far from it. He'd already been the IBF #1 for at least a year or more and hadn't got the title fight he deserved by that point. How much do you think he earned from fighting the other 4 guys I mentioned?
Trav10 is offline  Top
Old 01-12-2014, 03:08 AM   #60
Pureist
Journeyman

Quote:
Its easy to put it all on the line when you have nothing to put on the line lol.
Mundine has never put anything on the line, if Solomon was offered the fight with trout, I'm very sure he wouldn't turn it down to fight geriatric McKart in front of 300 people, Solomon is willing to travel, fight who he HAS too. When Mundine had reasonable skills, all he wanted to do was fight people he knew he would beat, he has kept that mindset and as his skills diminished, so has the quality of his opponents, Sam has not avoided anybody, a true fighter, not a fraud ripping off the Australian public
Pureist is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum