Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 01-03-2014, 10:23 AM   #16
Wass1985
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: prime razor ruddock vs joe frazier of 71 ???

I think Joe Frazier would be chilled by the thought of fighting Razor Ruddock after seeing him having a panic attack whilst facing the legendary David Jaco! Haha
Wass1985 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2014, 11:30 AM   #17
Foxy 01
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Fists Of Fury is the nearest with his observations.

This is NOT a walk in the park for Joe. The kid Ruddock was big and strong enough to manhandle Joe, to create space for his hook cum uppercut, and he sure enough hit hard enough to drop, or KO Joe.

This could just as easily go the way of Foreman / Frazier, as it could for what most are saying, mid to late stoppage for Joe.

Frazier needed a few rounds to get " smokin " Rudduck might just end it before he gets the chance.
Foxy 01 is offline  Top
Old 01-03-2014, 11:30 AM   #18
heizenberg
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

This a very good match up. Ruddock hit as hard as just about anyone in the heavyweight division so without doubt there is a possibility he could KO Frazier. I think there is no doubt Frazier would definitely eat the Smash from Ruddock and other big power punches. But much like Tyson did I think Frazier would take these power shots from Ruddock and come back with more of his own. I'd picture Ruddock winning the first and maybe the second round big. I'd expect Frazier to be constantly coming forward Ruddock to land some devastating punches and look to have Frazier in trouble. I'd also expect Ruddock to clinch at times when Frazier gets in close. From around the third round on I'd expect Ruddock to gradually slow down as Frazier comes on and hammers him to the body and head. As the fight progresses I'd expect Ruddock to clinch more and Frazier unlike Tyson who slowed down as the fight progressed I'd expect Frazier to continue a torrent pace throughout, breaking down Ruddock to the body and landing big left hooks to the head. Ruddock proved to be very durable in the fights with Tyson and I'd expect like in the fight with Tyson that Ruddock would still land occasional devastating punches throughout even while tiring but overall I feel Frazier would be in command. I'd picture Frazier wearing Ruddock out around the 8th and taking him out with a devastating body attack and a few big left hooks to the jaw eventually leaving Ruddock down and out or slumped up against the ropes forcing the ref to stop the bout. Ruddock could potentially go the distance but I'd expect him to overall take a frightful beating from Frazier though taking a price from Frazier much like he did from Tyson.
heizenberg is offline  Top
Old 01-03-2014, 12:12 PM   #19
Stevie G
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

After absorbing some heavy punishment early on,Joe's pressure gets to Donovan by the ninth or tenth.
Stevie G is offline  Top
Old 01-03-2014, 12:22 PM   #20
Boxed Ears
Irony Himmler
East Side VIP

vCash: 26665

It's arguably the greatest pressure fighting heavyweight champion of all time, a power puncher with notorious determination and stamina, who got up six times with a prime George Foreman against a failed contender to any major title in an era where three existed, and an asthmatic one at that. Razor's puncher's chance is barely existent and winning by decision is about as likely as being shot by a bullet with your name carved into it-twice. I'm just saying.
Boxed Ears is offline  Top
Old 01-03-2014, 03:09 PM   #21
clark
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elroy View Post
The Joe Frazier of 71 executed a very basic gameplan against Muhammad Ali who, with slightly lessened speed of hand and foot revealed he had no answer to it, he could not keep an opponent like Frazier off of him.

I've no doubt that Frazier could hit Ruddock who was not exactly a technical master either. What I do know is that Ruddock will be hitting Frazier too and he will be hitting him with such force that he will lay Frazier out probably just as quickly as George Foreman did.

Joe Frazier imo, does not survive in an era chock full of punchers of which Ruddock was a member.

Ruddock KO2 Frazier
No.
clark is offline  Top
Old 01-03-2014, 03:16 PM   #22
PhillyPhan69
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVER SKULL 66 View Post
Frazier by KO, with very little doubt, lol..
Who was the best fighter that Ruddock beat? he was s predictable 1 armed fighter who couldn't box, and had a so so chin.
Tommy Morrison knocked the living shit outta him
You might be able to say Frazier, but against an opponent like Ruddock I am not sure you could say with very little doubt. Prime Frazier (Of whom I may be his biggest fan) took 11 rounds to dispatch Mathis who is certainly not Ruddock's superior....went the distance with Bonavena in that same time frame. I do think Frazier gets underrated on this forum and that is without considering the moronic elroy! But Ruddock was not an easy out for anyone!

Best fighters that Ruddock beat? Bonecrusher, Weaver, Dokes, a faded Page....not great but decent scalps comparable to anyone Frazier beat outside of Ali.

Ruddock was not a 1 armed nor predictable fighter by any means....unless you never heard or him nor watched him prior to Tyson. Ruddock was a bad man....by my estimation he had already begun to slip around the time of the Bonecrusher fight...after that he turned into a head hunting power puncher seeking that 1 big blow.....Which works fine on limited challengers but not the elite. Watch some earlier stuff and you will discover his arsenal is not as limited as you make it out be.

So-so chin...wow? I am not even a Ruddock fan (although I guess you could call me an appreciator), but have you watched the blows he absorbed against Tyson alone? Wow...I don't even know how to respond to this?

A 32 y/o vary faded and skill eroded Ruddock is who Morrison beat....How do you think Morrison would do vs a Prime Ruddock?
PhillyPhan69 is offline  Top
Old 01-03-2014, 03:18 PM   #23
PhillyPhan69
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxy 01 View Post
Frazier needed a few rounds to get " smokin "
An often regurgitated myth along with 1 armed fighter....
Old 01-03-2014, 03:25 PM   #24
PhillyPhan69
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribtickler68 View Post
Elroy and The Church of The Latter Day Heavyweights!
Classic
Old 01-03-2014, 04:46 PM   #25
rex11y

Is this the Razor Ruddock who defeated Tyson, Lewis, Morrison et al? O no of course he lost those fights! What on earth makes people think he had a cat in hell's chance against a prime Frazier who in 71 was able to defeat Ali. Even though Frazier's style meant that he had a relatively short prime he was a true championship performer during those years a quality that could not be attributed to Ruddock who failed on the big occasion.
rex11y is offline  Top
Old 01-03-2014, 04:51 PM   #26
energie
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by heizenberg View Post
This a very good match up. Ruddock hit as hard as just about anyone in the heavyweight division so without doubt there is a possibility he could KO Frazier. I think there is no doubt Frazier would definitely eat the Smash from Ruddock and other big power punches. But much like Tyson did I think Frazier would take these power shots from Ruddock and come back with more of his own. I'd picture Ruddock winning the first and maybe the second round big. I'd expect Frazier to be constantly coming forward Ruddock to land some devastating punches and look to have Frazier in trouble. I'd also expect Ruddock to clinch at times when Frazier gets in close. From around the third round on I'd expect Ruddock to gradually slow down as Frazier comes on and hammers him to the body and head. As the fight progresses I'd expect Ruddock to clinch more and Frazier unlike Tyson who slowed down as the fight progressed I'd expect Frazier to continue a torrent pace throughout, breaking down Ruddock to the body and landing big left hooks to the head. Ruddock proved to be very durable in the fights with Tyson and I'd expect like in the fight with Tyson that Ruddock would still land occasional devastating punches throughout even while tiring but overall I feel Frazier would be in command. I'd picture Frazier wearing Ruddock out around the 8th and taking him out with a devastating body attack and a few big left hooks to the jaw eventually leaving Ruddock down and out or slumped up against the ropes forcing the ref to stop the bout. Ruddock could potentially go the distance but I'd expect him to overall take a frightful beating from Frazier though taking a price from Frazier much like he did from Tyson.
energie is offline  Top
Old 01-03-2014, 05:41 PM   #27
PhillyPhan69
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Ruddock KO Frazier with absolutely no doubt very early, anything other is pure nutbaggery
Yet another brilliant dissertation!
Old 01-03-2014, 05:41 PM   #28
Foxy 01
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhan69 View Post
An often regurgitated myth along with 1 armed fighter....
Nothing mythical about it at all. The level of opponent went up, Joe needed to get his rhythm going. Which is why Yank Durham urged him to " Get out there and make smoke come from those gloves. You can make smoke boy. Just don't let up "

As for the 1 armed fighter, I'd imagine only Ray Charles or Stevie Wonder might believe that.
Foxy 01 is offline  Top
Old 01-03-2014, 05:44 PM   #29
PhillyPhan69
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxy 01 View Post
Nothing mythical about it at all. The level of opponent went up, Joe needed to get his rhythm going. Which is why Yank Durham urged him to " Get out there and make smoke come from those gloves. You can make smoke boy. Just don't let up "

As for the 1 armed fighter, I'd imagine only Ray Charles or Stevie Wonder might believe that.
Please describe the fights you are referring to please? The Mathis fight where Frazier swept every round from the 2nd on? The Quarry fights? I hear this all the time...rather than a generality give an example...Again, having studied Frazier's career numerous times, this is vastly overplayed and not consistent with actually in ring performance. IMHO of course...I am always willing to learn something new.
Old 01-03-2014, 06:26 PM   #30
clark
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Church of the latter day heavyweights LOL That is really really funny!!

Ruddock KO Frazier with absolutely no doubt very early, anything other is pure nutbaggery
clark is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum