Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 01-18-2014, 12:50 PM   #1
Mattyice

vCash: 500
Default Amateur boxing supplements

I'm gunna be an amateur boxer and I take a nitric oxide supplement called NO3 chrome. It's not a stimulant and it doesn't have creatine and caffeine in it. Am I allowed to take it?

I just wanna make sure I'm allowed to take it.
Mattyice is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2014, 06:31 PM   #2
Saintpat
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Amateur boxing supplements

Ask your coach
Saintpat is offline  Top
Old 01-18-2014, 07:20 PM   #3
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintpat View Post
Ask your coach
Ask your coach about supplements? That's like asking your doctor for rock climbing tips, odds are the answer is going to be bullshit.

Contacting the organization that sets up your matches and asking them would be a better idea, if they're unsure they can put you in contact with someone who will know.
viru§™ is offline  Top
Old 01-19-2014, 12:46 AM   #4
Saintpat
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by viru§™ View Post
Ask your coach about supplements? That's like asking your doctor for rock climbing tips, odds are the answer is going to be bullshit.

Contacting the organization that sets up your matches and asking them would be a better idea, if they're unsure they can put you in contact with someone who will know.
Any decent coach can contact those people and probably has a rulebook with a list of prohibited supplements/substances. He probably knows them if he's the coach.

Which was my point.

Asking people on the internet is more like asking a rock climbing coach for medical advice. If a bunch of people tell you, 'Oh, that's OK, nothing illegal there' and you later find out they were wrong and you get DQ'ed or suspended, the amateur boxing authorities won't give you a pass if you tell them, "but the anonymous people on the message board said it was OK.'

Your coach can find out from the people who run your LBC or from USA Boxing (or whatever authority runs things where you are).
Saintpat is offline  Top
Old 01-19-2014, 05:57 AM   #5
pecho26
ESB Lurker
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 515

Quote:
Any decent coach can contact those people and probably has a rulebook with a list of prohibited supplements/substances. He probably knows them if he's the coach.

Which was my point.

Asking people on the internet is more like asking a rock climbing coach for medical advice. If a bunch of people tell you, 'Oh, that's OK, nothing illegal there' and you later find out they were wrong and you get DQ'ed or suspended, the amateur boxing authorities won't give you a pass if you tell them, "but the anonymous people on the message board said it was OK.'

Your coach can find out from the people who run your LBC or from USA Boxing (or whatever authority runs things where you are).
From 20 different coaches i have met in my life only two of of them would do what you just describe. And they post on ESB. The irony.
The one who wouldnt contact anything is a head coach for a WSb top team. He actually believes that drinking whey protein adds unnecessary muscle mass.
Most of the coaches i have met or who trained me knows jack ****ing shit about supplements or nutrition.
pecho26 is offline  Top
Old 01-19-2014, 06:02 AM   #6
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

Which was my point.

Realistically, since the vast majority of coaches are ignorant on anything non-boxing, it's more likely he'll say something like "Supplements?! You're a boxer not a body builder!" instead of doing any kind of research into the matter.
viru§™ is offline  Top
Old 01-19-2014, 11:59 AM   #7
Mattyice

I'm just wondering like have you guys ever heard of boxers taking Nitric Oxide supplements?
Mattyice is offline  Top
Old 01-19-2014, 12:48 PM   #8
ant-man
ant
ESB Addict

What you messing about with this sh1t for?

People always want easy solutions..
ant-man is online now  Top
Old 01-19-2014, 12:58 PM   #9
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyice View Post
I'm just wondering like have you guys ever heard of boxers taking Nitric Oxide supplements?
The first step is to explain what the supplement is and why you're using it.
viru§™ is offline  Top
Old 01-19-2014, 05:53 PM   #10
Mattyice

All it is is a nitric oxide workout supplement that makes oxygen go to your muscles when you lift. It's not a stimulant and there is no creatine and no caffeine in it. I think it just helps you workout longer. I'm pretty sure I've heard of professional boxers taking it I'm just wondering if anyone has heard of amateur boxers taking it
Mattyice is offline  Top
Old 01-19-2014, 06:41 PM   #11
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
All it is is a nitric oxide workout supplement that makes oxygen go to your muscles when you lift. It's not a stimulant and there is no creatine and no caffeine in it. I think it just helps you workout longer. I'm pretty sure I've heard of professional boxers taking it I'm just wondering if anyone has heard of amateur boxers taking it
You don't even know what this supplement does to your body yet you consume it anyway? Just

Stop wasting your money and eat some food instead.
viru§™ is offline  Top
Old 01-19-2014, 07:11 PM   #12
Mattyice

Yeah I do I just told you it's not bad for you it's a dietary supplement. I just wanna know if I'm allowed to take it in amateur boxing like is there a list of some sort I can see
Mattyice is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2014, 04:38 AM   #13
pecho26
ESB Lurker
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 515

Quote:
Yeah I do I just told you it's not bad for you it's a dietary supplement. I just wanna know if I'm allowed to take it in amateur boxing like is there a list of some sort I can see
You got to ask yourself do you really need it? And when you decide to take a supplement you have to know what it does to you. Look it up.
pecho26 is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2014, 12:30 PM   #14
Mattyice

Default Amatuer boxing supplements

I had surgery 4 months ago on my shoulder do I have been taking this dietary supplement called NO3 chrome. All it is is a Nitric Oxide supplement, it doesn't have creatine and it doesn't have caffeine or any stimulants. I don't wanna know of it's good for me or not I just wanna know if I'm allowed to take it and compete in amateur boxing? Like does anyone know if nitric oxide supplements are ilegal or not? I've been trying to find an answer for months please just tell me.

I aprieciate the help
Mattyice is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2014, 12:31 PM   #15
Mattyice

Default Re: Amatuer boxing supplements

I'm taking it cuz I'm trying to get back where I was in the gym before surgery
Mattyice is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing