Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Fantasy Boxing Betting

vBookie Event: Garcia vs. Burgos (Boxing)
This event is over.
vBookie Event
Garcia vs. Burgos (Boxing)

This event is over.

Outcome Odds Total Bets Total Staked
Miguel Angel Garcia 1/10 F (0.10) 19 16992 WIN!
Juan Carlos Burgos 15/2 (7.50) 17 1823  
Draw 33/1 (33.00) 14 716  
Over 9.5 rounds 11/10 (1.10) 15 6010 WIN!
Under 9.5 rounds 2/3 (0.67) 13 2454  

Old 01-24-2014, 11:02 AM   #1
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 32000
Default Miguel Angel Garcia vs. Juan Carlos Burgos

IntentionalButt is offline  Top
Old 01-24-2014, 12:17 PM   #2
shenmue
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: Miguel Angel Garcia vs. Juan Carlos Burgos

This looks like a fairly easy win for Garcia, waiting for the odds on the PEDerson fight, i think PED gets dropped and stopped again, he has china in that chin for sure, shaky legs ha.
shenmue is offline  Top
Old 01-24-2014, 12:29 PM   #3
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenmue View Post
This looks like a fairly easy win for Garcia, waiting for the odds on the PEDerson fight, i think PED gets dropped and stopped again, he has china in that chin for sure, shaky legs ha.
I've seen a few people say this. What is the depth of your familiarity with MiniBurgos?

If people only know him from his lackluster appearance on FNF last summer in his lightweight debut, then it could be understandable to see him as being a tier or two below Garcia. That night was hardly exemplary of what he's capable of, though.

He dominated Rocky Martinez but was robbed badly in their draw (making him the middleman of three straight combatants to get screwed on the scorecards by Rocky in his curiously successful run after signing with Top Rank...)

He was a good h2h featherweight - as seen in his battle with a highly motivated and sharp version of Hasegawa - and became very good if not elite at super feather, which is the division he returns to in his challenge of Garcia.

In terms of common opponents, Garcia has fared slightly better (stopping both Juan Carlos Martinez and Yogli Herrera a bit faster than Burgos did, and of course knocking out Rocky Martinez with a body shot while Burgos took him the distance...much to his eventual chagrin...) - but, at least Burgos was never dropped by Martinez over twelve rounds whereas Garcia got plunked in only two. Granted, flash knockdown, but still. Burgos also on his best nights has every bit as solid an engine as Garcia and perhaps more "fire" and will to win. While he should absolutely be the favorite, it was a bit of a shock to me to see Garcia was so widely favored. Hell, the odds were only half that long for Garcia over the shot JuanMa Lopez whom MiniBurgos is certainly better than.
Old 01-24-2014, 02:34 PM   #4
Bustajay
Feel the Steel/Balls Deep
ESB Addict

vCash: 401
Lightbulb Re: Miguel Angel Garcia vs. Juan Carlos Burgos

I like Garcia but I think this is going to be a difficult test for him
We know he got dropped quickly last time and Burgos packs a punch so if he catches Garcia with one.....ummmmmm

I am going to bet on Burgos but I hope I am wrong

Bustajay is offline  Top
Old 01-24-2014, 03:04 PM   #5
shenmue
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
I've seen a few people say this. What is the depth of your familiarity with MiniBurgos?

If people only know him from his lackluster appearance on FNF last summer in his lightweight debut, then it could be understandable to see him as being a tier or two below Garcia. That night was hardly exemplary of what he's capable of, though.

He dominated Rocky Martinez but was robbed badly in their draw (making him the middleman of three straight combatants to get screwed on the scorecards by Rocky in his curiously successful run after signing with Top Rank...)

He was a good h2h featherweight - as seen in his battle with a highly motivated and sharp version of Hasegawa - and became very good if not elite at super feather, which is the division he returns to in his challenge of Garcia.

In terms of common opponents, Garcia has fared slightly better (stopping both Juan Carlos Martinez and Yogli Herrera a bit faster than Burgos did, and of course knocking out Rocky Martinez with a body shot while Burgos took him the distance...much to his eventual chagrin...) - but, at least Burgos was never dropped by Martinez over twelve rounds whereas Garcia got plunked in only two. Granted, flash knockdown, but still. Burgos also on his best nights has every bit as solid an engine as Garcia and perhaps more "fire" and will to win. While he should absolutely be the favorite, it was a bit of a shock to me to see Garcia was so widely favored. Hell, the odds were only half that long for Garcia over the shot JuanMa Lopez whom MiniBurgos is certainly better than.
I've seen him plenty and as you say he is a top fighter who for sure got robbed vs Rocky, but apart from hurting Garcia early or stopping him, i just think Garcia will be just that bit better and he will wear him down and get a mid to late stoppage,

i think it will be a good fight and who knows Burgos might go out there and look like a star and dominate but yes i favor Garcia heavily because of his explosiveness and his finishing ability but i admit slight bias towards him ha.
shenmue is offline  Top
Old 01-24-2014, 03:09 PM   #6
Bustajay
ESB Addict

Lightbulb Re: Miguel Angel Garcia vs. Juan Carlos Burgos

Quote:
I've seen him plenty and as you say he is a top fighter who for sure got robbed vs Rocky, but apart from hurting Garcia early or stopping him, i just think Garcia will be just that bit better and he will wear him down and get a mid to late stoppage,

i think it will be a good fight and who knows Burgos might go out there and look like a star and dominate but yes i favor Garcia heavily because of his explosiveness and his finishing ability but i admit slight bias towards him ha.
Burgos is tough and not sure if he is on the level with the family homegrown Garcia but I just have a sneaky feeling this could be a shocker

I hope I am wrong

Bustajay is offline  Top
Old 01-24-2014, 03:34 PM   #7
shenmue
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bustajay View Post
Burgos is tough and not sure if he is on the level with the family homegrown Garcia but I just have a sneaky feeling this could be a shocker

I hope I am wrong

Never say never in Boxing my friend, those Broner fans learned the hard way (Maidana's got no chance, he won't land shit" etc). I don't say Burgos can't win and i do think he is good but i favor Garcia to win in impressive fashion.
shenmue is offline  Top
Old 01-24-2014, 07:10 PM   #8
Bustajay
ESB Addict

Thumbs up Re: Miguel Angel Garcia vs. Juan Carlos Burgos

Quote:
Never say never in Boxing my friend, those Broner fans learned the hard way (Maidana's got no chance, he won't land shit" etc). I don't say Burgos can't win and i do think he is good but i favor Garcia to win in impressive fashion.
Haha
Valid point

Bustajay is offline  Top
Old 01-25-2014, 12:41 PM   #9
shenmue
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bustajay View Post
Haha
Valid point

Enjoy the fights man, its a good noight of action tonight.

Hey IB, is there any betting on PEDerson getting knocked out?, i think he might get smashed tonight. Just put some real money on it happening.
shenmue is offline  Top
Old 01-25-2014, 02:52 PM   #10
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

Old 01-25-2014, 04:34 PM   #11
MrFoFody
Contender
ESB Senior Member