Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 01-26-2014, 05:22 AM   #16
MidniteProwler
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: How is mundine vs Jackson a ppv fight??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watto View Post
Obviously have money to burn mate..
Yes I do have money to burn, but I will get great satisfaction in seeing Mundine lay waste to this Gunnar Jackson fellow.
MidniteProwler is online now  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2014, 07:10 AM   #17
Ralph the Dog
putrid smelling sweat hog
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 510

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCboxa View Post
Wants to fight Floyd Mayweather by the end of the year, gets matched up with a fighter who is ranked 137 in the world lol
He doesn't want to fight Mayweather. Don't tell me you believe that
Ralph the Dog is offline  Top
Old 01-26-2014, 07:16 PM   #18
Straight Shoota
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunch View Post
The promoter had scheduled a PPV event with Jones as the opponent .. 9 days before the event - production has been scheduled along with programming - money spent - 16 boxers have been preparing for the date .. let it all fall over or try to secure an opponent? They opted to secure an opponent & Lyell initially agreed to terms seeing it as an opportunity. Visa / travel restrictions (time) was the issue with Lyell 7 days out and Gunnar Jackson 18-4 was willing to step up seeing it as a great opportunity with everything to gain & nothing to lose. Obviously taking fights on late notice comes with monetary reward.

The promoter or Mundine cannot be blamed for Jones pulling out of the fight - they have an enormous amount of additional pressure put on them - let Main Events & customers who wanted to see it (and as the figures speak for themselves - thousands do) - 15 other teams down .. so they decide to act immediately in an effort to keep the show alive and secure another opponent. Lyell says yes only to retreat (avoiding further embarrassment if he was pulled up by customs) and a middleweight regional champion with a record of 18-4 accepts the challenge willingly. He is coming of a win having KO'd his last opponent in 2 rounds to the secure a WBO regional title and has only lost once in his last 7 outings in a close points loss.

The matchmaking of the undercard is nothing short of a disgrace with most being horrid mismatches .. records of 6-0 vs 15-11 / 9-1 vs 1-11 / 8-1 vs 3-8 / 11-1 vs 3-6 .. I hope the matchmaker is held accountable in the event of serious injury with this sort of shit .. this is 2014 and with litigation going the way it does it is risky business. Sure its the pain game - no disputing that but what other sport in the world allows this sort of shit to take place?

The Promoter needs to get a handle on what they are doing or a disaster is immanent

On the Mundine vs Jackson fight .. unlike Jackson who has nothing to lose & everything to gain - Mundine - Mundine has everything to lose and little to gain from the outcome of this fight. He has 7 days to look at a guy who simply hasn't been on their radar. I say good luck to Gunnar & I hope he gives a 100% account of himself .
Well Said
Straight Shoota is offline  Top
Old 01-26-2014, 08:29 PM   #19
stiflers mum
Gartlett nuthugger #1
East Side Guru

vCash: 700

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watto View Post
This has me absolute stumped,shit undercard shit main who would bother spending their hard earned on this shit..
See post #264 on this thread I bumped. That's why this is PPV.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Old 01-28-2014, 10:35 AM   #20
Francis75
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Who the **** is this Jackson kid ?
Francis75 is offline  Top
Old 01-28-2014, 11:11 AM   #21
Da Voice
Belt holder
ESB Addict

He's a drummer in a very popular NZ rock band
Da Voice is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum