Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Fantasy Boxing Betting

vBookie Event: Ortiz vs. Collazo (Boxing)
This event is over.
vBookie Event
Ortiz vs. Collazo (Boxing)

This event is over.

Outcome Odds Total Bets Total Staked
Victor Ortiz 8/15 (0.53) 38 19936  
Luis Collazo 7/4 (1.75) 10 2466 WIN!
Draw 20/1 (20.00) 10 482  
Over 8.5 rounds 4/11 F (0.36) 6 2372  
Under 8.5 rounds 2/1 (2.00) 14 3183 WIN!

Old 01-28-2014, 10:38 PM   #1
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 35250
Default Victor Ortiz vs. Luis Collazo

IntentionalButt is online now  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2014, 08:52 AM   #2
klion22
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 9633
Default Re: Victor Ortiz vs. Luis Collazo

I question Ortiz's management for putting him in with such a tough opponent after not fighting for almost 18 months. I would've put him in there with someone beatable to see where he's at and to get the rust off. The guy's Ortiz have struggled with are the ones who pushed the pace and pressured him. Collazo isn't going to do that. I'm leaning towards Ortiz in a close decision win. It's only a 10 round fight.
klion22 is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2014, 09:30 AM   #3
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by klion22 View Post
I question Ortiz's management for putting him in with such a tough opponent after not fighting for almost 18 months. I would've put him in there with someone beatable to see where he's at and to get the rust off. The guy's Ortiz have struggled with are the ones who pushed the pace and pressured him. Collazo isn't going to do that. I'm leaning towards Ortiz in a close decision win. It's only a 10 round fight.
It would actually make a lot of sense, if not for Collazo's return to form last September.

Until then, Collazo looked done. After his own two-year layoff (competing once more in 2009 after the bitter loss to Berto, off TV, before falling off the grid until 2011) he was in dire shape. Getting dropped and defeated by El Riel, going life and death with Steve Chambers, and struggling mightily to put away tomato cans like Gonzalez and Callist (both way too competitive while they lasted, and both managing to defy multiple knockdowns and show up Collazo's poor finishing skills) - all bad signs.

Then along comes Alan Sanchez, a very hungry and scrappy kid from Cali with a deceiving record (due to some bad early career luck; he could as easily have been coming in 15-0 as 12-2-1...) and to many it seemed the writing could be on the wall for a torch passing, with Sanchez making his name off retiring Collazo.

...then Collazo somehow turns back the clock, pulled out the bag of veteran spoiling ricks, and schooled the kid in a near shutout.

So, yeah, what Luis has left is almost the bigger mystery than what Victor has after so much time off.

In the last three years, Collazo has four dreadful performances and the career-rescuing Sanchez triumph while Ortiz has the knockdown-swapping Berto war, the kayo loss to Mayweather during his "ceremony of apology", and the jaw-shattering by Lopez (whom I actually had up on my card as of the stoppage anyway; all the chirping about Ortiz "dominating" until he got injured is bunkum...)

So predicting how either will look tomorrow night is a total crap shoot.
Old 01-29-2014, 09:36 AM   #4
klion22
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
It would actually make a lot of sense, if not for Collazo's return to form last September.

Until then, Collazo looked done. After his own two-year layoff (competing once more in 2009 after the bitter loss to Berto, off TV, before falling off the grid until 2011) he was in dire shape. Getting dropped and defeated by El Riel, going life and death with Steve Chambers, and struggling mightily to put away tomato cans like Gonzalez and Callist (both way too competitive while they lasted, and both managing to defy multiple knockdowns and show up Collazo's poor finishing skills) - all bad signs.

Then along comes Alan Sanchez, a very hungry and scrappy kid from Cali with a deceiving record (due to some bad early career luck; he could as easily have been coming in 15-0 as 12-2-1...) and to many it seemed the writing could be on the wall for a torch passing, with Sanchez making his name off retiring Collazo.

...then Collazo somehow turns back the clock, pulled out the bag of veteran spoiling ricks, and schooled the kid in a near shutout.

So, yeah, what Luis has left is almost the bigger mystery than what Victor has after so much time off.

In the last three years, Collazo has four dreadful performances and the career-rescuing Sanchez triumph while Ortiz has the knockdown-swapping Berto war, the kayo loss to Mayweather during his "ceremony of apology", and the jaw-shattering by Lopez (whom I actually had up on my card as of the stoppage anyway; all the chirping about Ortiz "dominating" until he got injured is bunkum...)

So predicting how either will look tomorrow night is a total crap shoot.
I haven't watched Collazo for a while but I do know that he lacks pop. Ortiz is also a huge WW and does have pop. I think if he stays behind his jab and jumps in and out with his explosive combos (he has very good foot speed), he should be able to outpoint Collazo. Collazo was never a high work rate guy. He's the type of guy that can get outworked.

I noticed you bet on the under. Betting on some freak incident happening with Oritz? I wouldn't rule anything out with the tree either.
klion22 is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2014, 09:51 AM   #5
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

Quote:
I haven't watched Collazo for a while but I do know that he lacks pop. Ortiz is also a huge WW and does have pop. I think if he stays behind his jab and jumps in and out with his explosive combos (he has very good foot speed), he should be able to outpoint Collazo. Collazo was never a high work rate guy. He's the type of guy that can get outworked.

I noticed you bet on the under. Betting on some freak incident happening with Oritz? I wouldn't rule anything out with the tree either.
Freak accident, or "No mas! I don't wanna do this anymore! I forgot how damn hard boxing is!" when Collazo gives him the ol' slip-and-counter one time too many and maybe opens a cut on his pretty-boy face or something.

That, or yeah, that may have been an last gasp with Sanchez and not the sort of effort Collazo is able to consistently replicate these days...and if his reflexes are too shot to execute that slip-n-counter game or avoid Ortiz's grand slam hooks (and honestly, Sanchez gave him way too much respect and never poured it on him the way Ortiz does...and, though he is a game and gritty kid, is no Ortiz in terms of pop) then it could still be a quick night going the other way.

Really unpredictable, this one. I mostly just bet on Collazo and the Under because of the value.
Old 01-29-2014, 12:45 PM   #6
Drew101
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 3930

Ortiz has been away from the ring for a year and a half; and for someone who trades on his athletic ability rather than skill set, that's not necessarily a good thing. Collazo has had some bad performances, but he's been active...and he'll be motivated because this is pretty much his last kick at the can, too.

Collazo can get tagged early, so the under isn't a bad bet. But neither is Collazo and I'm putting a little vmoney on him, too.
Drew101 is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2014, 01:10 PM   #7
klion22
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew101 View Post
Ortiz has been away from the ring for a year and a half; and for someone who trades on his athletic ability rather than skill set, that's not necessarily a good thing. Collazo has had some bad performances, but he's been active...and he'll be motivated because this is pretty much his last kick at the can, too.

Collazo can get tagged early, so the under isn't a bad bet. But neither is Collazo and I'm putting a little vmoney on him, too.
Good point about Ortiz relying on athleticism and being away for so long and Collazo at least staying busy. I just don't get why his team would put Ortiz in with such a proven guy after a 18 month lay off.
klion22 is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2014, 02:17 PM   #8
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

Quote:
Good point about Ortiz relying on athleticism and being away for so long and Collazo at least staying busy. I just don't get why his team would put Ortiz in with such a proven guy after a 18 month lay off.
My serious guess would be they saw footage of four of Collazo's last five outings, and just didn't even bother looking at Collazo vs. Sanchez figuring he looked the same.
Old 01-29-2014, 08:21 PM   #9
timeout
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 677

Finally butt!

All on the tree bro!
timeout is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2014, 08:50 PM   #10
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by timeout View Post
Finally butt!

All on the tree bro!
This went up almost 24 hours ago, you sleeping?
Old 01-29-2014, 11:53 PM   #11
BoxingX
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

It's a pick em due to the form of both unknown. Threw a little on Collazo.
BoxingX is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2014, 02:04 AM   #12
Kid Cincinnati
GOOD BOY NATION
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

I can't believe I bet $5,000 of my hard earned vcash on the Tree. God help me!
Kid Cincinnati is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2014, 08:52 AM   #13
fatcity
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 2203

Not totally convinced but will place 400 on Victor.
fatcity is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2014, 09:36 AM   #14
klion22
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Saw the weigh in and Ortiz looks like he's in beast mode again ala the Berto fight. He looks like he means business.
klion22 is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2014, 10:38 AM   #15
Bustajay
Feel the Steel/Balls Deep
ESB Addict

vCash: 480
Arrow Re: Victor Ortiz vs. Luis Collazo

Quote:
Saw the weigh in and Ortiz looks like he's in beast mode again ala the Berto fight. He looks like he means business.
Too bad we can't have a CAT scan of his brain

I sprinkled some VCASH on Victor but you never know when he will have a mental break

Bustajay is online now  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Fantasy Boxing Betting