Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2014, 05:15 PM   #16
like a boss
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,387
vCash: 500
Default Re: Lucas Browne Looking To Get Away From Hatton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy View Post
FFS Browne garbage
Undefeated mate. So you don't like him. So what?
like a boss is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2014, 05:59 AM   #17
JohnH
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: England
Posts: 1,389
vCash: 500
Default Re: Lucas Browne Looking To Get Away From Hatton.

Lucas Browne ‏@bigdaddybrowne1 5h
So apparently all is sorted and well with my up coming fights and it's all looking good moving forward.. I just want to fight.. Bring it on

John Hoolan &#8207 @JohnHoolan 1h
When will you reveal your next opponent?? #Boxing @bigdaddybrowne1

Lucas Browne ‏@bigdaddybrowne1 1h
@JohnHoolan as soon as I'm given a contract to sign mate

John Hoolan &#8207 @JohnHoolan 1h
@bigdaddybrowne1 Looking forward to it being announced. Hope all your contract problems are now sorted.

Lucas Browne ‏@bigdaddybrowne1 1h
@JohnHoolan it was more me being frustrated with my situation and just want to fight
JohnH is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 06:11 AM   #18
Dan684
Dave's Stepdad
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Manchester
Posts: 8,703
vCash: 75
Default Re: Lucas Browne Looking To Get Away From Hatton.

Lucas Browne is a truly awful fighter in my opinion.

I still feel for Ricky over the Sky deal. People forget that before he was coldly ****ed off by Sky his shows were actually pretty good. A hell of a lot of 50/50 matchups. Ruthless by Sky (and obv Hearn in their ears) considering how Ricky had carried the sport single-handidly for the best part of 7/8 years on their network
Dan684 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 06:19 AM   #19
TED 822
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,109
vCash: 500
Default Re: Lucas Browne Looking To Get Away From Hatton.

British fans will know Browne for his win over Towers,who,if nothing else,was a big unbeaten fighter who wasn't a fat lump.He obviously likes Britain.If Tyson Furys present promoter wanted a tough guy with an unbeaten record who has proved himself so far reliable he need look no farther for Tysons next opponent.Possible rounds,an exciting fight and probable victory.
TED 822 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 08:14 AM   #20
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 116,190
vCash: 10000
Default Re: Lucas Browne Looking To Get Away From Hatton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan684 View Post
Lucas Browne is a truly awful fighter in my opinion.

I still feel for Ricky over the Sky deal. People forget that before he was coldly ****ed off by Sky his shows were actually pretty good. A hell of a lot of 50/50 matchups. Ruthless by Sky (and obv Hearn in their ears) considering how Ricky had carried the sport single-handidly for the best part of 7/8 years on their network
True but as a fighter.
IntentionalButt is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 08:17 AM   #21
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 116,190
vCash: 10000
Default Re: Lucas Browne Looking To Get Away From Hatton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TED 822 View Post
British fans will know Browne for his win over Towers,who,if nothing else,was a big unbeaten fighter who wasn't a fat lump.He obviously likes Britain.If Tyson Furys present promoter wanted a tough guy with an unbeaten record who has proved himself so far reliable he need look no farther for Tysons next opponent.Possible rounds,an exciting fight and probable victory.
You think victory probable for Tyson over Lucas?

Seems pretty dangerous to me.
IntentionalButt is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 08:51 AM   #22
JohnH
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: England
Posts: 1,389
vCash: 500
Default Re: Lucas Browne Looking To Get Away From Hatton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan684 View Post
Lucas Browne is a truly awful fighter in my opinion.
How many of his fights have you seen out of interest?


Quote:
Originally Posted by TED 822 View Post
British fans will know Browne for his win over Towers,who,if nothing else,was a big unbeaten fighter who wasn't a fat lump.He obviously likes Britain.

If Tyson Furys present promoter wanted a tough guy with an unbeaten record who has proved himself so far reliable he need look no farther for Tysons next opponent.Possible rounds,an exciting fight and probable victory.

A lot of British fans will have been following him for a while and would say he would KO Fury.
JohnH is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 04:04 PM   #23
TED 822
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,109
vCash: 500
Default Re: Lucas Browne Looking To Get Away From Hatton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
You think victory probable for Tyson over Lucas?

Seems pretty dangerous to me.
Intentional Butt,also John H.
Yes,I realise Browne is seen as a dangerous opponent,but Fury has beaten some good men,and will have to beat more if he is to realise his ambitions.Yes,I think he would beat Browne.May not be easy,but I reckon his reach and boxing ability,plus his heart,would pull it off for him.This next fight could tell us more,although this Americanis a southpaw and probably not as tough.WHow would you see a Browne fight going?
TED 822 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 04:46 PM   #24
like a boss
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,387
vCash: 500
Default Re: Lucas Browne Looking To Get Away From Hatton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan684 View Post
Lucas Browne is a truly awful fighter in my opinion.
It was pretty clear David Price didn't want to have anything to do with Browne. Relinquishing his Commonwealth title in the process.
like a boss is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 03:10 PM   #25
Optimus Grime
newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 2
vCash: 500
Default Re: Lucas Browne Looking To Get Away From Hatton.

Browne's situation needs to be put in to perspective, watching him hes not the most talented but is a big puncher coming off a win against a highly touted (by some) opponent in Richard Towers, he should of had a couple of easy fights to build some steam by now before fighting a ranked opponent. It does seem that Hatton has problems with his promotion.
Optimus Grime is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 08:41 PM   #26
like a boss
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,387
vCash: 500
Default Re: Lucas Browne Looking To Get Away From Hatton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Grime View Post
Browne's situation needs to be put in to perspective, watching him hes not the most talented but is a big puncher coming off a win against a highly touted (by some) opponent in Richard Towers, he should of had a couple of easy fights to build some steam by now before fighting a ranked opponent. It does seem that Hatton has problems with his promotion.
and it's sound like Browne just wants to fight and is getting very frustrated his promoter can't get him in the ring.
like a boss is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 09:06 PM   #27
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 116,190
vCash: 10000
Default Re: Lucas Browne Looking To Get Away From Hatton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Grime View Post
Browne's situation needs to be put in to perspective, watching him hes not the most talented but is a big puncher coming off a win against a highly touted (by some) opponent in Richard Towers, he should of had a couple of easy fights to build some steam by now before fighting a ranked opponent. It does seem that Hatton has problems with his promotion.
Fairly put.


Also, great username. Welcome to our humble forum.
IntentionalButt is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 02:21 AM   #28
TED 822
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,109
vCash: 500
Default Re: Lucas Browne Looking To Get Away From Hatton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Grime View Post
Browne's situation needs to be put in to perspective, watching him hes not the most talented but is a big puncher coming off a win against a highly touted (by some) opponent in Richard Towers, he should of had a couple of easy fights to build some steam by now before fighting a ranked opponent. It does seem that Hatton has problems with his promotion.
If its not working with Ricky,surely another manager/promoter would set him on,barring any legal problems.Browne would be a great addition to a good heavyweight scene over here.A fight,or fights with the likes of Skelton and Mc Dermott could lead to him throwing challenges out to Tyson,Del and Dave Price{hopefully after a few more wins}and make things very interesting.
TED 822 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 03:30 AM   #29
like a boss
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,387
vCash: 500
Default Re: Lucas Browne Looking To Get Away From Hatton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TED 822 View Post
If its not working with Ricky,surely another manager/promoter would set him on,barring any legal problems.Browne would be a great addition to a good heavyweight scene over here.A fight,or fights with the likes of Skelton and Mc Dermott could lead to him throwing challenges out to Tyson,Del and Dave Price{hopefully after a few more wins}and make things very interesting.
It sounds like Browne is more or less guaranteed a Commonwealth title fight, but the difficulty seems to be nailing down his opponent. Would have thought there'd be plenty of guys who'd like a shot at the title. Surely something can be set up soon?
like a boss is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 06:01 AM   #30
RingToneBoxing
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 96
vCash: 500
Default Re: Lucas Browne Looking To Get Away From Hatton.

Isn't it that Poxon bloke that handles business at Hatton Promotions? I don't see Ricky actually being too bothered with the business side of boxing, preferring to spend time in the gym as a trainer. Maybe I'm wrong.
RingToneBoxing is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013