Old 02-15-2014, 07:41 AM   #136
Will
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: Froch Groves 2 Predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by lirva View Post
which ones are clean and which ones are not?

I will have a look for you later.

Stills do not show what is clean and what is not.

A punch can hit a glove and then land on the chin.

That is not a clean punch.

From Memory in the 9th there are 2 clean shots.

The (Think it was a right) right hook that caught groves initally as he was giving froch fits. I think a left hook as Groves is leaning back on the ropes, though I think it may have caught an arm on the way in.

Aside from that everything else is cuffing or at least partially catches arms or gloves/
Will is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-2014, 08:20 AM   #137
UK2004
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000

If Froch stands off and has more respect for Groves he gets beat by KO or points, if he goes in aggressive like when he fought Bute he may well quickly overwhelm Groves. Who do I want to win.....Groves absolutely.
UK2004 is offline  Top
Old 02-15-2014, 08:58 AM   #138
lirva
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will View Post
I will have a look for you later.

Stills do not show what is clean and what is not.

A punch can hit a glove and then land on the chin.

That is not a clean punch.

From Memory in the 9th there are 2 clean shots.

The (Think it was a right) right hook that caught groves initally as he was giving froch fits. I think a left hook as Groves is leaning back on the ropes, though I think it may have caught an arm on the way in.

Aside from that everything else is cuffing or at least partially catches arms or gloves/

You still havent watched the video i took the stills from?

Please tell me which in particular of those 4 shots arent landing clean
lirva is offline  Top
Old 02-15-2014, 08:58 AM   #139
LondonRingRules
Contender
ESB Senior Member

The thing is froch thrives on people not wanting to go to war with him, it gives him confidence that people don't think they can match him in a tear em up. Froch isn't actually that difficult to back up as groves showed in the 1st fight, he took centre ring immediately and sent carl backwards.

Groves wants to beat carl at his own game so after the fight he can't claim groves pot shotted, ran away an didnt come to fight. Groves wants to humiliate froch as we saw with the hands down showboating in the first fight. I honestly believe that if he wanted to groves could win on points very comfortably off the back foot, but he wants there to be no room for excuses from froch.
LondonRingRules is online now  Top
Old 02-15-2014, 10:28 AM   #140
Two Shakes
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonRingRules View Post
The thing is froch thrives on people not wanting to go to war with him, it gives him confidence that people don't think they can match him in a tear em up. Froch isn't actually that difficult to back up as groves showed in the 1st fight, he took centre ring immediately and sent carl backwards.

Groves wants to beat carl at his own game so after the fight he can't claim groves pot shotted, ran away an didnt come to fight. Groves wants to humiliate froch as we saw with the hands down showboating in the first fight. I honestly believe that if he wanted to groves could win on points very comfortably off the back foot, but he wants there to be no room for excuses from froch.
Groves, the man with the super high ring IQ and sublime boxing skills, won't use winning tactics to beat Froch, instead he'll go toe to toe and risk getting beaten so that he can have bragging rights at the post fight presser ?
Two Shakes is offline  Top
Old 02-15-2014, 11:33 AM   #141
Solarse
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 840

Quote:

I agree he does want to beat Froch in a war, trouble is he aint got the chin or stamina to do it
Solarse is offline  Top
Old 02-15-2014, 11:35 AM   #142
spurs ben316
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 555

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK2004 View Post
If Froch stands off and has more respect for Groves he gets beat by KO or points, if he goes in aggressive like when he fought Bute he may well quickly overwhelm Groves. Who do I want to win.....Groves absolutely.

Was on about the Bute fight with my pals last night they are casuals and were looking at the odds for a Froch KO. I said the only way I can see that is early on if Groves makes a mistake and Froch jumps on him like he did Bute.
spurs ben316 is offline  Top
Old 02-15-2014, 11:45 AM   #143
spurs ben316
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 555

As requested added poll. Put draw up to cover the eubank benn rematch . Get voting
spurs ben316 is offline  Top
Old 02-15-2014, 11:53 AM   #144
tkoshea

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurs ben316 View Post
Was on about the Bute fight with my pals last night they are casuals and were looking at the odds for a Froch KO. I said the only way I can see that is early on if Groves makes a mistake and Froch jumps on him like he did Bute.
My personal opinion is that Bute was greatly over hyped and rated above and beyond his actual skills - he didn't have anything like the skill set to slip punches and move in and out of range that Groves has nor the foot work and speed of hand with countering skills that Groves has to cause damage to Froch

I can't see Froch doing what he did to Bute - Groves is in my opinion a higher skilled boxing

I see Froch's best chance of a victory as being the same as in the first fight - waiting for Groves to slow and tire in the latter rounds and come on strong and push for the KO

Its 50/50 I'd say as to whether or not Groves would have recovered and carried on cruising to victory of if Froch would have forced a stoppage in the last fight and I can't see any other route to success for Froch

I think if he rushes him early - (as I think he did a bit in the first round) - a fresh and sharp Groves picks him apart and hurts him badly

If Groves again throws the kitchen sink at him and still can't put him away there's always the chance that Froch can pull off the come from behind KO victory as and when Groves tires

I'm sure however Groves will be more mindful of avoiding this in the latter rounds and either train to have more stamina or keep a little more in the tank and not engage in a toe to toe slug fest with Froch at any point.

Exciting fight anyway you look at it because of the possibilities - not that I agree that Groves is chinny but Froch as power and can't clearly hurt him if he connects, Groves can also hurt Froch and Froch is not getting any younger. If the last fight took anything away from Froch this could well be the time for a KO loss on his record.

The most interesting thing to me is that Froch is still bookies favourite and I've seen pundits saying the same - maybe they're right and Froch simply took Groves lightly and paid the price and things will be different in the rematch.

Very exiting and impossibly to call because of all the question marks raised and unanswered in the first fight - this is why it will be the biggest fight since Benn and Eubank
tkoshea is offline  Top
Old 02-15-2014, 12:04 PM   #145
LondonRingRules
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Shakes View Post
Groves, the man with the super high ring IQ and sublime boxing skills, won't use winning tactics to beat Froch, instead he'll go toe to toe and risk getting beaten so that he can have bragging rights at the post fight presser ?
So you don't think groves can outbox froch if he chose to use that gameplan?

He doesn't want froch to be able to do his 'he didn't come to fight' routine at te post fight presser. Groves said himself first fight I'm gonna meet you centre rin and push you back, which he did. So it's quite clear that yes, groves does want to beat froch at his own game and knock him out, what don't you understand about that?
LondonRingRules is online now  Top
Old 02-15-2014, 12:08 PM   #146
second to none
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I really don't buy this idea that Froch wasn't prepared or that he felt he just needed to show up and win ect. We all know Froch is slow he is easy to hit and is awful on the back foot, regardless of what Froch showed up or will show up Groves gives him hell, Now last time Groves threw everything and because he couldn't stop Froch he started to tire, this fight i don't see Groves throwing everything at Froch early i think he pot shots and counters and trys to draw Froch onto the right hand, I think Froch may actually win the early rounds this time around trying to discourage Groves, Groves will stick in there while winning some of the rounds but than come 8 or 9 Groves steps it up starts really unloading and hurting Froch and imo stops him very very late 11 or 12. Froch has taken to much that first fight will have taken more from him than Groves, he will be even slower and let's be honest Froch can only box one way he isn't going to change so in a nutshell if Groves can pace himself and not try get Froch early he will outbox him and stop him late.
second to none is offline  Top
Old 02-15-2014, 12:12 PM   #147
smithshaun
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

imo I think this fight will be over inside 3 rounds, I think the build up is going to be amazing viewing, the hate between these two will boil over this time and I think once the bell goes it will be an all out war from both men. Could go either way but my gut feeling is froch will stop groves fairly this time. It could be the greatest 3 round fight of all time.
smithshaun is offline  Top
Old 02-15-2014, 12:13 PM   #148
MAJR
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 804

My gut feeling is to go for a Groves win on points. I think they're evenly matched - in that Groves is better technically but Froch has better stamina so Groves will get a lead on points but Froch will always come on strong in the later rounds - but for some reason that I cant fully explain I'll be betting on the young lion to upset the old.
MAJR is offline  Top
Old 02-15-2014, 12:17 PM   #149
Two Shakes
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
So you don't think groves can outbox froch if he chose to use that gameplan?

He doesn't want froch to be able to do his 'he didn't come to fight' routine at te post fight presser. Groves said himself first fight I'm gonna meet you centre rin and push you back, which he did. So it's quite clear that yes, groves does want to beat froch at his own game and knock him out, what don't you understand about that?
I wasn't having a dig mate, i agree completely with what you said.
I've said from day one that Groves doesn't have the discipline and maturity to box clever. He strikes me as being a very insecure individual, who lets his heart control his head. He always seems to be trying to prove himself.
If he thinks he can beat Froch at his own game he's going to get beaten, and will probably sustain serious damage in the process.
He certainly has the skill to outbox Froch, and the power to keep Froch honest, but so have many of Frochs opponents.
IMO Groves has to fight the same way to beat Froch, but i don't believe he has the engine, and eventually Froch will get to him. If he's too passive Froch may steal rounds.
Old 02-15-2014, 12:22 PM   #150
Two Shakes
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by second to none View Post
I really don't buy this idea that Froch wasn't prepared or that he felt he just needed to show up and win ect. We all know Froch is slow he is easy to hit and is awful on the back foot, regardless of what Froch showed up or will show up Groves gives him hell, Now last time Groves threw everything and because he couldn't stop Froch he started to tire, this fight i don't see Groves throwing everything at Froch early i think he pot shots and counters and trys to draw Froch onto the right hand, I think Froch may actually win the early rounds this time around trying to discourage Groves, Groves will stick in there while winning some of the rounds but than come 8 or 9 Groves steps it up starts really unloading and hurting Froch and imo stops him very very late 11 or 12. Froch has taken to much that first fight will have taken more from him than Groves, he will be even slower and let's be honest Froch can only box one way he isn't going to change so in a nutshell if Groves can pace himself and not try get Froch early he will outbox him and stop him late.
Groves has a history of gassing in the later rounds of fights. The first Froch fight wasn't even high paced and Groves was only throwing in spurts as the rounds progressed, yet he still shot his load.
The problem for Groves is that Froch will still have more in the tank during the championship rounds, no matter how the first half of the fight is fought.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum