THE PRINTER is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2014, 02:10 PM   #62
Llanlad
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Froch Groves 2 Predictions

Froch will be his usual self again ... Groves is a intelligent fighter and will improve no end from the first meeting.

Groves to dish out a can of whooping inside 6 rounds.
Llanlad is offline  Top
Old 02-13-2014, 03:33 PM   #63
Solarse
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 840

No doubt groves is favourite this time round, but that might actually do Froch a favour.

If groves improves his stamina and stops being a warrior he will win. Time will tell whether he can. Because if it turns into a war Froch wins imo
Solarse is offline  Top
Old 02-13-2014, 03:38 PM   #64
sid
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Long as Groves is Smart he wins this,let Carl be the so called warrior.
sid is offline  Top
Old 02-13-2014, 03:49 PM   #65
rainmaker
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid View Post
Long as Groves is Smart he wins this,let Carl be the so called warrior.
It's not as simple as that. To fight smart Groves is going to have to move a lot and if Froch can pressure Groves and can take Groves power then it could be a rough night for Groves. Sooner or later groves will slow down and that will suit Froch. We don r know if Groves has the discipline to box smart for 12 rounds and we know Froch can finish fights strong. Last couple rounds against a tiring ward Froch was getting a few punches home. Stopped Taylor late after getting outboxed, was still throwing big shots with Kessler twice late in the fight.

Groves may need to be strong down the stretch too and we don't know yet if he can be. We will find out. But fading late in a fight against Froch is a very dangerous thing to do.
rainmaker is offline  Top
Old 02-13-2014, 04:08 PM   #66
Collie
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 14000

Groves is 15/8 with the bookies. I think its a huge price considering he was beating Froch comfortably in the first fight until it was prematurely stopped.

Froch may be more motivated but won't be getting any better, whereas Groves should learn from the first fight and is open to more improvement. Groves is much faster, younger, hits hard, has better movement all round, seems to have good ring IQ. Froch is far from unbeatable. He is imo too old to make any meaningful adjustments that will improve his defense, he will be taking big shots again, it'll be practically impossible for him to get inside without doing so. I think it should be close to 50-50 and I'd favour Groves in that case anyway, but the disparity in price seems too big.
Collie is offline  Top
Old 02-13-2014, 04:35 PM   #67
lirva
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Groves can't take Frochs punches, Froch can take his.

Groves was on his way to being stopped within the next 20 seconds.

This time I think Carl is outboxed and down on the cards going into the 9th but then starts to come on strong and catches Groves again with the same kind of punch as last time. Groves gets wobbly and put down eventually. Gets up, battered around the ring and stopped when he starts throwing back and getting caught instead of trying to hold and survive.
lirva is offline  Top
Old 02-13-2014, 04:40 PM   #68
paulko
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Froch by TKO mid rounds
paulko is offline  Top
Old 02-13-2014, 04:50 PM   #69
Sly
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Why are some of you talking about Froch being underprepared or unaware of Groves' power/ability first time round? Two things about Froch...he's always in tip-top condition and he always makes the same mistakes over and over again. Just because he got schooled a bit first time round and is therefore more respectful of GG's ability doesn't mean he's somehow going to stop making the same mistakes. No way. Not at 36/37. He is what he is.

This is a fight that is incredibly hard to call, but don't expect many improvements on Froch's end.
Sly is offline  Top
Old 02-13-2014, 05:12 PM   #70
lirva
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I don't see how it's hard to call really. Groves landed lots and lots of clean, flush right hands. He couldn't have put any more power into some of those shots that landed on the chin of Froch. Barring one shot that put him over in the first round and did KO him cold for a second, Froch took every single one. Froch took that flush shot to the chin that dropped him and was up at the count of 1. This guy has an absolutely unbelievable chin. Groves and Fitzpatrick said as much. I'm sure Groves himself was in disbelief.

That strategy didn't work for Groves because he used up too much energy pushing Froch back and tired. Groves really needs to fight with his probable lack of stamina in mind. He CANNOT afford to tire at all here. The problem is, Carl will be applying tons of pressure after the first 6 rounds are up.

If I was Groves I'd come in and get Frochs respect early by taking command and pushing him back. Then I'd use the Degale tactics once I had won the first couple of rounds and make it look like I was winning the fight on the move, all the while conserving energy. Groves can run all night and probably make it to the 12th. The major issue is that Froch can take him out any time he lands clean.

GROVES CANNOT TAKE FROCHS POWER WHEREAS FROCH CAN TAKE HIS.

If Groves is smart enough to understand the above sentence then I'm sure he can devise a plan and win the fight with the right strategy.

If not, he won't.

I don't think he or Fitzpatrick will come in to the fight with the right strategy imo. This is where he would need Booth most.
lirva is offline  Top
Old 02-13-2014, 05:14 PM   #71
fightfansafc23
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Froch puts it on him early and ko's him not fussed who wins though can't wait
fightfansafc23 is offline  Top
Old 02-13-2014, 05:27 PM   #72
RoughD
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1807

Lirva. Did groves hit the deck or look completely ****ed out there ? Did he fck
Froch was on his ass, and looked wobbly a few times

So this bullshit about froch can take his but groves can't take his is a piss poor statement mate.

Groves can take his arm punches and bum rushes. Groves can also completely avoid those punches with his superior movement and reflexes as shown in the first fight. Froch can not evade groves monster shots. Just because froch survived the first fight does not mean he will survive the second.

Groves has the bigger boxing brain.

Froch is going down, actually he will probably get stopped on his feet

Groves ko is 5/1 and I'm all over it. Even more so with you disagreeing
RoughD is offline  Top
Old 02-13-2014, 06:25 PM   #73
malk

It's really odd that some folks are referring to the first fight when trying to predict what will happen in the second one. If Froch eats a big shot in the first round and hits the canvass hard then we might see a similar fight. Otherwise, the first half of the fight is likely to be massively different.

Groves is clearly capable of putting Froch on his arse but until that happens again you've surely got to expect Froch will fight the early part of the fight better.

Barring the possibility that old father time catches up with Froch quickly I don't see a win for Groves. The first fight couldn't have started any better for him and he couldn't get Froch out of there. He's also still got stamina questions to answer. So is the plan to outpoint Froch with suspect stamina or does he go all in early and try and beat one of the best chins in boxing?

Neither seem sound bets to me.
malk is offline  Top
Old 02-13-2014, 06:35 PM   #74
good boy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoughD View Post
You've Been on this forum 2 months and have over 400 posts you fat spotty geek I bet your at your corner shop all day at the till on the laptop working for your parents you smelly sandal wearing pervert
SoftD you keyboard warrior

Get back to your kennel with your mongrel parents

You're a total *****
good boy is offline  Top
Old 02-13-2014, 06:44 PM   #75
sid
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainmaker View Post
It's not as simple as that. To fight smart Groves is going to have to move a lot and if Froch can pressure Groves and can take Groves power then it could be a rough night for Groves. Sooner or later groves will slow down and that will suit Froch. We don r know if Groves has the discipline to box smart for 12 rounds and we know Froch can finish fights strong. Last couple rounds against a tiring ward Froch was getting a few punches home. Stopped Taylor late after getting outboxed, was still throwing big shots with Kessler twice late in the fight.

Groves may need to be strong down the stretch too and we don't know yet if he can be. We will find out. But fading late in a fight against Froch is a very dangerous thing to do.
Groves had the discipline v DeGale so why not v Froch? Also Froch might get knocked out & Carl gonna know this.Groves by Ko in second fight is how I think this will end.
sid is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum