Old 02-14-2014, 11:48 AM   #17
billy nelson
the fighting scots gym
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why the hate for Nelson?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
He seems to have a genuine dislike for me. I'm not arsed either way.

I enjoy the back and forth we have, it's entertaining at times.
Mate I can assure you I don't dislike you how can I? I've not got a clue who you are.
I simply don't agree with some things you say, do remember I see thing involving fighters from the inside you don't, yet you pass comments on things your not privy too
billy nelson is offline  Top
Old 02-14-2014, 12:34 PM   #18
TED 822
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by lirva View Post
I don't know about Billy but Johnny Nelson is a complete prat who should be off TV immediately, like that other mug Smith. It's always obvious that the boxers have zero respect for Smith.
If you ever met Johnny Nelson you would change your mind.Guaranteed.
TED 822 is offline  Top
Old 02-14-2014, 01:40 PM   #19
Westy78
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 821

Its one of the few things that is decent about this site is that billy posts on here, whether you agree with him or not
Westy78 is offline  Top
Old 02-14-2014, 01:45 PM   #20
TERRYTIBBS
Belt holder
ESB Addict

difference between hate and banter.

sometimes he dont help himself with the stuff he puts on here but im sure deep down everyone wants burns to beat crawford
TERRYTIBBS is offline  Top
Old 02-14-2014, 02:03 PM   #21
Sugar 88
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I saw this and was about to rant about Jonny 'the entertainer' Nelson.

Billy is a good poster but can be embarrassingly one eye about his own fighters. The last burns fight was a robbery and we all know it. It's not their fault that there hasn't been an automatic rematch that's the Bobfather's call but it was a blatant robbery none the less.
Sugar 88 is offline  Top
Old 02-14-2014, 03:06 PM   #22
JonStevo10
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Billy is a good guy.

A lot of folk won't realise that Billy is also a care worker. Boxing isn't his full time job so I think he's done alright for himself don't you think.

And he's a huge asset to the forum.
JonStevo10 is offline  Top
Old 02-14-2014, 03:54 PM   #23
The Exile
FUBAR
ESB Full Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy nelson View Post
I think hates a bit strong mate ffs its only diffrences of opinion
Fair enough, when i say 'hate' i maybe used it in the wrong context, what i meant was that when i come on here, which i admit isnt as often as i did years ago before the place crashed and everyones accounts got wiped, it does seem like you take a fair bit of abuse, a lot of it is banter which is fair enough as you do give it back.

Banter is one thing, but ive seen a lot of stuff which is just shit to be honest, personal abuse, posters questioning your credentials as a trainer, talking about your own past as a boxer etc as well as a lot of unwarranted digs at Ricky.

As a fan of Burns i admit in his last two fights he hasnt looked his best but there were reasons for that, bot guys were tricky opponents, one he made quit after showing great heart and the othe other he got a shocking injury early doors which obviously had an impact on the performance. I do think he was lucky to get the draw to be honest before anyone calls out nuthugger etc but he did and now moves on to what looks to be an even tougher fight against Crawford, who once Ricky beats will no doubt be called a hyped up bum.
The Exile is offline  Top
Old 02-14-2014, 03:56 PM   #24
The Exile
FUBAR
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lirva View Post
I don't know about Billy but Johnny Nelson is a complete prat who should be off TV immediately, like that other mug Smith. It's always obvious that the boxers have zero respect for Smith.

Didnt like Johnny Nelson as a fighter, one of the most boring boxers ive seen yet called himself the entertainer lol but he seems a decent bloke and has grew on me over the years.
Old 02-14-2014, 03:59 PM   #25
The Exile
FUBAR
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westy78 View Post
Its one of the few things that is decent about this site is that billy posts on here, whether you agree with him or not

Its great that guys in the sport take time to come on here. I remember years ago Darnell 'Ding a Ling' Wilson used to post in the general and have to say he was sound as **** and very down to earth, this was at the time he was seen as a top contender and had some great highlight reel KO's.
Old 02-14-2014, 04:30 PM   #26
billy nelson
the fighting scots gym
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Exile View Post
Fair enough, when i say 'hate' i maybe used it in the wrong context, what i meant was that when i come on here, which i admit isnt as often as i did years ago before the place crashed and everyones accounts got wiped, it does seem like you take a fair bit of abuse, a lot of it is banter which is fair enough as you do give it back.

Banter is one thing, but ive seen a lot of stuff which is just shit to be honest, personal abuse, posters questioning your credentials as a trainer, talking about your own past as a boxer etc as well as a lot of unwarranted digs at Ricky.

As a fan of Burns i admit in his last two fights he hasnt looked his best but there were reasons for that, bot guys were tricky opponents, one he made quit after showing great heart and the othe other he got a shocking injury early doors which obviously had an impact on the performance. I do think he was lucky to get the draw to be honest before anyone calls out nuthugger etc but he did and now moves on to what looks to be an even tougher fight against Crawford, who once Ricky beats will no doubt be called a hyped up bum.
I enjoy coming on and reading peoples thoughts on the sport but find it difficult to take at times when someone blatently has a pop at one of my fighters for no apparent reason. ie Ricky getting a broken jaw and folk expecting him to put a lifetime performance in, my fighters are superbly fit and work very hard in and out the gym and deserve any sucess that comes there way. i cant think of any other fighter in the UK who would have shown the courage Ricky did that night.
And i did come on here to say we got lucky with the decision.
But hate! lol
Old 02-14-2014, 04:52 PM   #27
SnoopyboyM
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Obviously a good trainer and a Rangers fan so I like himit would be good if more UK boxers and trainers posted
SnoopyboyM is offline  Top
Old 02-14-2014, 04:59 PM   #28
billy nelson
the fighting scots gym
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopyboyM View Post
Obviously a good trainer and a Rangers fan so I like himit would be good if more UK boxers and trainers posted
Yes its a fine combo mate treble winners this year and Ricky to beat Crawford and unify before moving up, well as long as Ricky does his bit
Old 02-14-2014, 05:01 PM   #29
ashishwarrior
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 4000

billy you are the shovel so ask your self what comes before it and that is what you mostly get on the interweb including me , you get me , as a fan your insight and opinion are very much valid more so than most
ashishwarrior is offline  Top
Old 02-14-2014, 05:04 PM   #30
SnoopyboyM
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy nelson View Post
Yes its a fine combo mate treble winners this year and Ricky to beat Crawford and unify before moving up, well as long as Ricky does his bit
Here's hoping
SnoopyboyM is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum