Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 02-18-2014, 12:09 AM   #16
Zakman
ESB's Chinchecker
East Side VIP

vCash: 588
Default Re: MMA certainly takes skill and ability. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch Coolidge View Post
I think watching a combatant escape from a rear naked choke or an arm bar is exciting. They referees break the participants and restart from a standing position if there is not enough action on the ground. Wrestling is usually associated with "ground and pound", somebody escaping from that too is exciting.
That "ground and pound" shit is boring. And since when do they force these guys to get up and fight? In the MMA matches I've seen, it seems like an eternity when they're just rolling around on the ground.

Bottom line, when it hits the floor, it's a bore.
Zakman is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-2014, 01:07 AM   #17
Breeps
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

you've ignored my post. I ask you Zakman, why post these dumb threads, if you aren't a fan of MMA. WHATS THE POINT?!
Breeps is offline  Top
Old 02-18-2014, 09:40 AM   #18
Zakman
ESB's Chinchecker
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeps View Post
you've ignored my post. I ask you Zakman, why post these dumb threads, if you aren't a fan of MMA. WHATS THE POINT?!
Because as a boxing fan, I have opinions that wish to express regarding this less entertaining sport that likes to present itself as a competitor to the sweet science in terms of entertainment.

It isn't even close. Boxing is exciting because there is ACTION. In MMA, people just roll around on the ground, and it's frightfully dull.
Zakman is offline  Top
Old 02-18-2014, 04:02 PM   #19
UnleashtheFURY
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 116

Zak, the UFC is falling fast(this is coming from a big fan) The cards lately have stunk, boring fights no action, and now there are women headling cards

The last two UFC cards have been the worst MMA cards that I have ever seen.... UFC 169 broke the record for the most decisions ever on a UFC event, guess what? the very next card broke that record! I am a big fan of MMA, but I really don't like the direction it's going in... Major changes need to made, or a collapse will occur.
UnleashtheFURY is online now  Top
Old 02-18-2014, 04:04 PM   #20
UnleashtheFURY
Champion
East Side Guru

Zak, while I agree with a lot that you have to say I think you are missing out on the good that MMA has to offer... If you'd like I can give you a list of MMA fights to watch that are really entertaining... There are some damn good MMA wars, none that rival boxings greatest wars, but some pretty entertaining slug fests nonetheless.
Old 02-18-2014, 04:36 PM   #21
Zakman
ESB's Chinchecker
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnleashtheFURY View Post
Zak, while I agree with a lot that you have to say I think you are missing out on the good that MMA has to offer... If you'd like I can give you a list of MMA fights to watch that are really entertaining... There are some damn good MMA wars, none that rival boxings greatest wars, but some pretty entertaining slug fests nonetheless.
I'll tell ya what I DO like about MMA - a lot of the fighters have glass jaws, so when they DO throw punches you get to see some brutal KOs.
Zakman is offline  Top
Old 02-18-2014, 05:01 PM   #22
UnleashtheFURY
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakman View Post
I'll tell ya what I DO like about MMA - a lot of the fighters have glass jaws, so when they DO throw punches you get to see some brutal KOs.
Old 02-18-2014, 06:21 PM   #23
Breeps
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Because as a boxing fan, I have opinions that wish to express regarding this less entertaining sport that likes to present itself as a competitor to the sweet science in terms of entertainment.

It isn't even close. Boxing is exciting because there is ACTION. In MMA, people just roll around on the ground, and it's frightfully dull.
Your thread is dull. Every thread i see of your is negative. Whether its in here slating MMA or in the boxing forum slating boxers chins. You must have huge insecurity about yourself to feel it necessary to bang on about how poor these professional athletes are. Your posts paint the picture of a trolling teen yet apparently your middle aged?!
Breeps is offline  Top
Old 02-18-2014, 08:30 PM   #24
Vanboxingfan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Come on! Who the heck would find that rolling around on the ground shit entertaining??? F***ing A, I'd rather watch paint dry!!
You know Zak, you might want to try engaging in some of these sports you continue to criticise.

I use to wrestle in university and it's not an easy sport to excel at. In fact it's damn hard.
Vanboxingfan is offline  Top
Old 02-21-2014, 08:55 AM   #25
Zakman
ESB's Chinchecker
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanboxingfan View Post
You know Zak, you might want to try engaging in some of these sports you continue to criticise.

I use to wrestle in university and it's not an easy sport to excel at. In fact it's damn hard.
That's why I prefaced my remarks by noting that it takes skill. But from the FAN's perspective, I don't know how you couldn't say that watching a couple of guys rolling around on the ground is pretty boring.

I mean, MMA can be quite entertaining when the guys stand up and actually throw punches, but the problem with it is that it ends up as a roll-fest too much.
Zakman is offline  Top
Old 02-21-2014, 10:02 AM   #26
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 10000

Wrestling takes immense skill and dedication, and preferably (but, as with boxing, not strictly necessarily...) natural talent.

As a matter of taste, however, subjectively, the stuff is absolute garbage to watch.

You can respect something, but not like it.

Freestyle, Olympic, what have you. No aesthetic value, IMO. The inclusion of wrestling as the chief discipline (or at least, very high ranking among them) in the evolution & hybridization process basically ruined the entire sport of MMA for me, personally.
IntentionalButt is online now  Top
Old 02-24-2014, 10:35 AM   #27
fatcity
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
Wrestling takes immense skill and dedication, and preferably (but, as with boxing, not strictly necessarily...) natural talent.

As a matter of taste, however, subjectively, the stuff is absolute garbage to watch.

You can respect something, but not like it.

Freestyle, Olympic, what have you. No aesthetic value, IMO. The inclusion of wrestling as the chief discipline (or at least, very high ranking among them) in the evolution & hybridization process basically ruined the entire sport of MMA for me, personally.
Nicely stated.In other words,MMA is absolute garbage.
fatcity is offline  Top
Old 02-25-2014, 07:25 PM   #28
PIRA
Belt holder
ESB Addict

And yet Shitcity is here once again for his daily dose. Frequents the MMA forum as much as the boxing forums.
PIRA is offline  Top
Old 02-26-2014, 12:25 AM   #29
demigawd
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I always figured that there are tons of MMA fans who watch an occasional boxing match and wonder how so many people can pay so much money to watch Floyd Mayweather run around the ring for 36 minutes, throwing one punch at a time. Meanwhile, I enjoy it.

I figured, like them, it was simply a case of not understanding what I was watching well enough to appreciate what's really happening during all of that rolling around.
demigawd is offline  Top
Old 02-27-2014, 12:12 PM   #30
latineg
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beouche View Post
@International Butt

Always wondered where your interest in MMA had gone

I usually only watch 1-2 fights off any MMA card

That way i stay interested in it, and get massively pumped for fights like Anderson Weidman II/Palhares comback in a couple weeks x
Well said Beouche, With MMA/UFC I will just not watch boring wrestling matches with focus, thus it doesn't bother me that much, I pick and choose the fights I watch just as you said. Plus I usually watch them recorded so I fast forward crap fights. If I am watching it live at a buddies we will just tune out the crap fights. However, I have watched some boring as hell boxing fights as well and kinda do the same thing with boxing.

MMA to me has some AWESOME fights with lots of crap fights in between which is not that unlike boxing. Watching Vlad glutch and crab for 12 rounds can also get pretting boring.
latineg is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum