Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 02-14-2014, 01:00 PM   #1
fast hands
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1296
Default Friday 14th Love & War in Brisbane on Fox

Angelo DiCarlo presented an entertaining 5 fight card at the Eaton's Hill Hotel last night.
Two of the fights were standouts.
In a 6 round super featherweight bout Queensland Champ Waylon Law won by UD points over West Australian Nathaniel May.
It was 18 minutes of non stop action with both boxers landing some great combos throughout the fight.
Andy Raymond commented that the 18yr old May had recently been in the US sparring at Freddie Roach's Wild Card Gym.
He certainly showed confidence, maturity and ability beyond his years.
May was possibly unlucky not to get the nod.

In an 8rd Middleweight bout 21yr old Victorian Michael Zerafa defeated West Aussie Luke Sharp by UD Points
Both boys showed good skills , continually landing clean shots over the distance. Zerafa came home the stronger and with a very solid 8th round secured a well deserved win.
The referees had an easy time of it, there was virtually no clinching in either bout.
Early days yet but both fights should be considered for FOTY.
Hope these get posted on You Tube.

In the main event at Cruiser,
Mark Flanagan W Andrew Green KO 1
Flanagan looked 10 kg's heavier as they stepped into the ring.

8 rds Sabrina Ostowari W Arlene Blencowe UD pts
Vacant Aust Women's Lightweight Title.

4 rds S/Middle Sam Banney W John Spencer UD pts
fast hands is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-2014, 07:14 PM   #2
stiflers mum
Gartlett nuthugger #1
East Side Guru

vCash: 700
Default Re: Friday 14th Love & War in Brisbane on Fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast hands View Post
Angelo DiCarlo presented an entertaining 5 fight card at the Eaton's Hill Hotel last night.
Two of the fights were standouts.
In a 6 round super featherweight bout Queensland Champ Waylon Law won by UD points over West Australian Nathaniel May.
It was 18 minutes of non stop action with both boxers landing some great combos throughout the fight.
Andy Raymond commented that the 18yr old May had recently been in the US sparring at Freddie Roach's Wild Card Gym.
He certainly showed confidence, maturity and ability beyond his years.
May was possibly unlucky not to get the nod.

In an 8rd Middleweight bout 21yr old Victorian Michael Zerafa defeated West Aussie Luke Sharp by UD Points
Both boys showed good skills , continually landing clean shots over the distance. Zerafa came home the stronger and with a very solid 8th round secured a well deserved win.
The referees had an easy time of it, there was virtually no clinching in either bout.
Early days yet but both fights should be considered for FOTY.
Hope these get posted on You Tube.

In the main event at Cruiser,
Mark Flanagan W Andrew Green KO 1
Flanagan looked 10 kg's heavier as they stepped into the ring.

8 rds Sabrina Ostowari W Arlene Blencowe UD pts
Vacant Aust Women's Lightweight Title.

4 rds S/Middle Sam Banney W John Spencer UD pts
3 really good fights the 2 debutants Banney and Spencer was entertaining I think they should get a bonus 4 entertaining rounds. Law v May and Zerafa v Sharp were good scraps too. Thought Law edged it myself but could of gone either way. Zerafa could be 1 to watch he easily controlled the fight when he stayed on the outside and boxed. Sharp had his moments when he had him trapped on the ropes or when it became close range. He was the better infighter.
Switched to the cricket when the women fought. Flanagan's KO was brutal good to see Green was OK.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Old 02-14-2014, 10:13 PM   #3
ohwat049
Journeyman

vCash: 9579

Thanks for the update. Missed this for one reason and another...
Was really interested to see Sharp vs Zeraffa...

Where to for Zeraffa, ready for a Sherrington type fighter as future opponent???
ohwat049 is offline  Top
Old 02-15-2014, 06:30 AM   #4
young griffo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Good night of boxing.

I switched between this, the NAB cup and the cricket but found myself drawn to the boxing.

Zerafa vs Sharp was an excellent fight, with plenty of action and high quality close quarters exchanges.

I'm not a fan of the girls fighting as a rule but I actually enjoyed last nights clash. Sabrina had to climb off the floor to win and had to be giving a ton of weight away against Blencoe but still mixed it up and come on strong late to win a decision that was probably debatable, but the ticker the girls both displayed sure wasn't.

It just shows with smart match making you can get a quality night of boxing minus the hype and so called "marquee" names. I'll be eagerly awaiting DiCarlo's next card that's for sure.
young griffo is offline  Top
Old 02-15-2014, 06:59 AM   #5
Da Voice
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

"Zerafa vs Sharp was an excellent fight, with plenty of action and high quality close quarters exchanges"

Zerafa fought x well. I've only seen a couple of his fights & in them he tended to go long....leaving himself wide open. Close quarters is the way to go from now on.
Da Voice is offline  Top
Old 02-15-2014, 08:09 AM   #6
sambo1987
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Just watched the fights then, what a great card. Great match making. I was pretty impressed by Nathaniel May, tough not to get the nod but lots of ability for sure.
sambo1987 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum