Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum


View Poll Results: Who won the fight in your eyes?
Johny Hendricks 7 63.64%
Johny.Hendricks 4 36.36%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2014, 02:06 PM   #1
I Know Everythi
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 999
vCash: 500
Default Who won GSP Hendricks and what was your score?

Is GSP the best WW of all time? Yes.


That being said, GSP lost his fight to Johny Hendricks as he only won round 3 and nothing else. GSP won the decision, he did NOT win the fight. 49-46 Johny Hendricks should have been the only score on all three judges scorecards. 48-47 Hendricks is too lenient towards GSP. Striking stats in MMA and boxing are always deceptive and do not tell who truly won the fight. George's strikes were much less effective than Hendricks strikes. George was throwing pitter patter Joe Calzaghe slaps whereas Hendricks was the more effective fighter standing up and on the ground.


GSP won the decision (but clearly lost the fight) for the same reasons Evander Holyfield had a draw with Lennox Lewis, and why Rampage beat Machida - because the judges were incompetent. That is the ONLY reason George won the fight because his skills clearly did not match up with Hendricks' and his performance did not warrant a victory. GSP was the favorite in the fight so judges made excuses to give him the rounds.


No human being on earth can refute these FACTS - not opinions. saying foolish statements such as - GSP "controlled" the fight so he deserved to win, the strike stats say GSP won the fight, GSPs "technical brilliance" in the fight earned him the win, you need to understand the technical aspect of MMA to see why he won - simply will prove one's own mastery of excuse-making as well as incompetence, in the same way that GSP and the two judges demonstrated their incompetence at UFC 167.


In no way did GSP out perform Hendricks. Hendricks was much more effective than GSP in the fight and only a blind man or an ignorant, biased man would score the fight for GSP. Furthermore, if you bring up the opinions of professional fighters who felt GSP won the fight this will only demonstrate your own inability to think for yourself and will prove that you are a case of sheep following the herd, as well as proving that you are ignorant and blind like every human being who scored the fight for GSP.


The fight was a complete robbery. Saying anything else - even saying it was a close fight that could go both ways - is a complete farce and dishonest.


I know certain incompetent people have prepared fallacious arguments to comically try and deny these FACTUAL (not opinionated) statements and I will dismantle those weak arguments before people may use them.


1) You must be a just bleed fan you don't know MMA
This is a typical excuse for someone who has no factual basis (unlike myself) to support their statements. Stick to the topic at hand instead of proving your own incompetence like George proved his incompetence in his ability to deal with Hendricks vastly superior fighting skills at UFC 167.


2) On the stats GSP outstruck Hendricks
Simply because the punch/strike stats numerically favor GSP does not prove that George won the fight. Fights are scored round by round, not based on the overall punch stats. Furthermore, punch stats are unreliable since they depend on certain people's ability to push a button to record a strike, regardless of whether the strike was effective or not. Even a glancing blow that does no damage (like the vast majority of George's strikes in the Hendricks fight) can be counted on the striking stats. Conversely, Hendricks ratio of significant strikes compared to George was very much in Johny's favor. If you watch MMA/boxing you'll see that occasionally the stats say something like fighter X landed 40 shots in the round, but you will never be able to count more than 10. Using this as your validation that GSP legitimately "won" the fight only proves your own inability to use logical thinking.


3) You never let the fight go in the hands of the judges, thats Hendricks fault.
There is some truth to this but it still does not do anything to deny the FACT (not opinion) that George was gifted a decision he did not earn. George let all but 3 of his fights post-Serra go to decision and was not robbed like Hendricks was. If George was never penalized for going the distance then it still isn't fair for Hendricks to be penalized with a robbery after smashing George's face in and dominating the fight.


4) In a title fight, you have to TAKE the title to win it. Hendricks didn't do enough to TAKE the title - This is a made-up and fallacious argument made by people who do not have a legitimate argument to back up their statements (unlike myself). One could just as easily retort with the following idiotic statement - If you are the champion, you have to DEFEND the title to keep it. The champion didn't do enough to DEFEND the title so he should have to give it up to the challenger. Every fight should be scored with neutrality as to whether or not fighter X is a champion or challenger. If you lost you lost, period. No ifs ands or buts. No special circumstances. No silver lining. None. GSP lost that fight regardless of the fact that he was champion (but he was gifted a decision). If that fight was a 5 round main event with no title on the line should that have affected how the judges or fans scored the bout? No. This argument is a statement made by human parrots who blindly repeat what others say without actually realizing how stupid this statement is.


GSP - the greatest WW in MMA history. But he lost the fight (even though he won the decision) to Hendricks clearly. Not even close. Black and white. Hendricks won. Saying anything else proves that you are one of the sheep that follows the herd blindly without acknowledging anyone else's (myself) vastly superior wisdom. I could go on and on, but one has to slowly open the eyes of blind sheep stumbling through the darkness to the light of truth. Doing so too quickly may cause these blind sheep to deny the truth even more vehemently. Opening the eyes of blind sheep slowly may still cause these sheep to deny the truth, but eventually the truth will set them free.


I challenge any human being on earth to try and bring up points to counter these INDISPUTABLE FACTS (not opinions) that were presented. What has been written is wisdom of the highest degree, and a person gifted with exceptional knowledge (myself) has been gracious enough to bestow this wisdom upon the readers of this masterpiece. Can any human being be foolish enough or ignorant enough to challenge these statements? Only time will tell. If anyone does miraculously and legitimately deny these facts with FACTUAL (not opinionated) arguments I will respond to that person and acknowledge their wisdom. Unfortunately for GSP fans, it is only possible for a person with higher wisdom than myself to prove me wrong in any aspect of writing, and a person with such wisdom would not ever be foolish enough to try and deny these FACTUAL statements that I presented. For this reason, there is realistically no chance that I will respond to anyone foolishly attempting to negate these factual statements.
I Know Everythi is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2014, 05:50 PM   #2
PIRA
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,528
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Who won GSP Hendricks and what was your score?

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Know Everythi View Post
Is GSP the best WW of all time? Yes.


That being said, GSP lost his fight to Johny Hendricks as he only won round 3 and nothing else. GSP won the decision, he did NOT win the fight. 49-46 Johny Hendricks should have been the only score on all three judges scorecards. 48-47 Hendricks is too lenient towards GSP. Striking stats in MMA and boxing are always deceptive and do not tell who truly won the fight. George's strikes were much less effective than Hendricks strikes. George was throwing pitter patter Joe Calzaghe slaps whereas Hendricks was the more effective fighter standing up and on the ground.


GSP won the decision (but clearly lost the fight) for the same reasons Evander Holyfield had a draw with Lennox Lewis, and why Rampage beat Machida - because the judges were incompetent. That is the ONLY reason George won the fight because his skills clearly did not match up with Hendricks' and his performance did not warrant a victory. GSP was the favorite in the fight so judges made excuses to give him the rounds.


No human being on earth can refute these FACTS - not opinions. saying foolish statements such as - GSP "controlled" the fight so he deserved to win, the strike stats say GSP won the fight, GSPs "technical brilliance" in the fight earned him the win, you need to understand the technical aspect of MMA to see why he won - simply will prove one's own mastery of excuse-making as well as incompetence, in the same way that GSP and the two judges demonstrated their incompetence at UFC 167.


In no way did GSP out perform Hendricks. Hendricks was much more effective than GSP in the fight and only a blind man or an ignorant, biased man would score the fight for GSP. Furthermore, if you bring up the opinions of professional fighters who felt GSP won the fight this will only demonstrate your own inability to think for yourself and will prove that you are a case of sheep following the herd, as well as proving that you are ignorant and blind like every human being who scored the fight for GSP.


The fight was a complete robbery. Saying anything else - even saying it was a close fight that could go both ways - is a complete farce and dishonest.


I know certain incompetent people have prepared fallacious arguments to comically try and deny these FACTUAL (not opinionated) statements and I will dismantle those weak arguments before people may use them.


1) You must be a just bleed fan you don't know MMA
This is a typical excuse for someone who has no factual basis (unlike myself) to support their statements. Stick to the topic at hand instead of proving your own incompetence like George proved his incompetence in his ability to deal with Hendricks vastly superior fighting skills at UFC 167.


2) On the stats GSP outstruck Hendricks
Simply because the punch/strike stats numerically favor GSP does not prove that George won the fight. Fights are scored round by round, not based on the overall punch stats. Furthermore, punch stats are unreliable since they depend on certain people's ability to push a button to record a strike, regardless of whether the strike was effective or not. Even a glancing blow that does no damage (like the vast majority of George's strikes in the Hendricks fight) can be counted on the striking stats. Conversely, Hendricks ratio of significant strikes compared to George was very much in Johny's favor. If you watch MMA/boxing you'll see that occasionally the stats say something like fighter X landed 40 shots in the round, but you will never be able to count more than 10. Using this as your validation that GSP legitimately "won" the fight only proves your own inability to use logical thinking.


3) You never let the fight go in the hands of the judges, thats Hendricks fault.
There is some truth to this but it still does not do anything to deny the FACT (not opinion) that George was gifted a decision he did not earn. George let all but 3 of his fights post-Serra go to decision and was not robbed like Hendricks was. If George was never penalized for going the distance then it still isn't fair for Hendricks to be penalized with a robbery after smashing George's face in and dominating the fight.


4) In a title fight, you have to TAKE the title to win it. Hendricks didn't do enough to TAKE the title - This is a made-up and fallacious argument made by people who do not have a legitimate argument to back up their statements (unlike myself). One could just as easily retort with the following idiotic statement - If you are the champion, you have to DEFEND the title to keep it. The champion didn't do enough to DEFEND the title so he should have to give it up to the challenger. Every fight should be scored with neutrality as to whether or not fighter X is a champion or challenger. If you lost you lost, period. No ifs ands or buts. No special circumstances. No silver lining. None. GSP lost that fight regardless of the fact that he was champion (but he was gifted a decision). If that fight was a 5 round main event with no title on the line should that have affected how the judges or fans scored the bout? No. This argument is a statement made by human parrots who blindly repeat what others say without actually realizing how stupid this statement is.


GSP - the greatest WW in MMA history. But he lost the fight (even though he won the decision) to Hendricks clearly. Not even close. Black and white. Hendricks won. Saying anything else proves that you are one of the sheep that follows the herd blindly without acknowledging anyone else's (myself) vastly superior wisdom. I could go on and on, but one has to slowly open the eyes of blind sheep stumbling through the darkness to the light of truth. Doing so too quickly may cause these blind sheep to deny the truth even more vehemently. Opening the eyes of blind sheep slowly may still cause these sheep to deny the truth, but eventually the truth will set them free.


I challenge any human being on earth to try and bring up points to counter these INDISPUTABLE FACTS (not opinions) that were presented. What has been written is wisdom of the highest degree, and a person gifted with exceptional knowledge (myself) has been gracious enough to bestow this wisdom upon the readers of this masterpiece. Can any human being be foolish enough or ignorant enough to challenge these statements? Only time will tell. If anyone does miraculously and legitimately deny these facts with FACTUAL (not opinionated) arguments I will respond to that person and acknowledge their wisdom. Unfortunately for GSP fans, it is only possible for a person with higher wisdom than myself to prove me wrong in any aspect of writing, and a person with such wisdom would not ever be foolish enough to try and deny these FACTUAL statements that I presented. For this reason, there is realistically no chance that I will respond to anyone foolishly attempting to negate these factual statements.
Lot of work went into this routine but didn't get any interest.
PIRA is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 10:51 AM   #3
latineg
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 995
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Who won GSP Hendricks and what was your score?

yes totally agree!

your points are so good the challenging annoyed me as i kept saying, "I AGREE with you now **** off making me read how I would be a moron if I didn't agree with you"

I don't need that, get that challenging crap outta there, now i feel like kicking my dog just in case it thought GSP may have edged Johnny out.
latineg is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 05:25 PM   #4
pablinov
newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 16
vCash: 0
Default Re: Who won GSP Hendricks and what was your score?

Johnny acted like a spoiled brat that didn't get what he wanted. I thought he (Hendrix) won the fight, but the way he handled that situation left a bad taste in my mouth and I was glad GSP got it.
pablinov is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 08:17 PM   #5
AJAX
war sonnen!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The Great White North
Posts: 4,061
vCash: 3450
Default Re: Who won GSP Hendricks and what was your score?

To me round one was a draw, but Hendricks won 2,4 and GSP 3,5 which all judges agreed on, the only difference was 2 of the judges gave round 1 to GSP and 1 gave it to Hendricks.....It was a close fight, nobody was robbed.
AJAX is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 08:37 AM   #6
BewareofDawg
P4P Champ
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: At The ESB VIP Table!
Posts: 12,881
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Who won GSP Hendricks and what was your score?

I hope Lawler knocks Hendricks out. I thought he acted like a dick after the fight also. I gave rounds 1,3,5 to GSP.

If Hendricks was really only going 70% the whole fight, then why in the hell didn't he turn it up and put a stamp on the fight in the 5th round?? After the beating GSP took in rounds 2 and 4, he still won the 5th.....that's why he went home the champion and Hendricks didn't.
BewareofDawg is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 10:00 AM   #7
The Devil
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 455
vCash: 441
Default Re: Who won GSP Hendricks and what was your score?

I thought Hendricks won the fight but not the title. In my mind the challenger needs to really snatch the belt away from the champion and Hendricks didn't do that in my opinion. He had a very close fight with a GSP with many personal problems weighing heavily on his mind, hardly the stuff of legends.
The Devil is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 01:33 PM   #8
AJAX
war sonnen!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The Great White North
Posts: 4,061
vCash: 3450
Default Re: Who won GSP Hendricks and what was your score?

I agree with both you guys if your going to be a champ, it should be by clearly winning the belt not just edging a close decision.
AJAX is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 09:34 AM   #9
panchman69
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 155
vCash: 500
Default Re: Who won GSP Hendricks and what was your score?

I thought gsp won 2nd. he got rocked early but came back to steal the round with effective striking.

I had gsp winning 2,3,5
panchman69 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 09:03 AM   #10
Boyd
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,222
vCash: 75
Default Re: Who won GSP Hendricks and what was your score?

You're missing the one true real fact man. Gsp won the fight.
Boyd is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 09:44 AM   #11
whopperdong
"sorry dan, im the man"
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Irnbru "just cuts" woman - "geale wins on points - sd"
Posts: 1,792
vCash: 397
Default Re: Who won GSP Hendricks and what was your score?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Devil View Post
I thought Hendricks won the fight but not the title. In my mind the challenger needs to really snatch the belt away from the champion and Hendricks didn't do that in my opinion. He had a very close fight with a GSP with many personal problems weighing heavily on his mind, hardly the stuff of legends.
I know this is the norm, but it's ludicrous. U win the fight u win the fight. Imagine if bolt came close second and they gave him first cause the actual winner didn't beat him by enough..... It's stupid.
whopperdong is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 03:11 PM   #12
The Devil
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 455
vCash: 441
Default Re: Who won GSP Hendricks and what was your score?

Quote:
Originally Posted by whopperdong View Post
I know this is the norm, but it's ludicrous. U win the fight u win the fight. Imagine if bolt came close second and they gave him first cause the actual winner didn't beat him by enough..... It's stupid.
Then I'm afraid you have been watching the wrong sport(s). Challengers have to take the belt from the champion, it's pretty much been that way since the very beginning. Why? Because the champion has already proven themselves and gets the benefit of any doubts. Very rarely will you see the challenger get the decision over the champion in very close fights. History tells us that for challengers to take the belt from the champion the fight needs to be decisive, because whether you like it or not close rounds will nearly always go to the champion. Deal with it sucka.
The Devil is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 10:10 PM   #13
MrFoFody
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 901
vCash: 5243
Default Re: Who won GSP Hendricks and what was your score?

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Know Everythi View Post
Is GSP the best WW of all time? Yes.


That being said, GSP lost his fight to Johny Hendricks as he only won round 3 and nothing else.
Did you even watch the fight or are you a typical ESB trolling moron? Hendricks ran like a scared chicken in round 5 which GSP clearly won basically on aggression. Also, round 1 and 2 could have arguably been won by GSP as well
MrFoFody is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 04:53 PM   #14
Stools
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Shakin n Bakin
Posts: 218
vCash: 775
Default Re: Who won GSP Hendricks and what was your score?

Hendricks tapped out in first. Fight shoulda been called then and there.
Stools is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 08:06 PM   #15
MrFoFody
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 901
vCash: 5243
Default Re: Who won GSP Hendricks and what was your score?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stools View Post
Hendricks tapped out in first. Fight shoulda been called then and there.
MrFoFody is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013