Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

View Poll Results: Is Carlos Condit a fake champ?
Yes. 1 100.00%
Yes. 0 0%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-14-2014, 02:11 PM   #1
I Know Everythi
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Carlos Condit was a fake champ

Carlos Condit is a top 3 fighter in the WW division at the minimum. One of the best fighters in that division ever. But he is not a true (interim)champion. True champions defend their belt - they don't wait for a year while the real champ (GSP) recovers. Condit refused to defend his fake belt and that makes him a fake champion. It's not even a real belt its the interim belt. The guy that he beat to win the interim title in the first place (Nick Diaz) is a bum with a padded record and no notable wins - that includes a decomposing Shamrock and a washed up BJ Penn. Beating a paper champion to win a paper belt does not make you a non-paper champion - especially when you refuse to defend it.

Werdum isn't sitting around while Cain recovers, even though he was supposed to get the next shot. Chuck Liddell didn't wait for paper champion Tito to stop ducking him, he fought Randy in the meantime. Renan Barao didn't say "Oh I'm going to wait for paper champion Cruz to come back in two years, I'm not fighting in the meantime." Those guys (except Werdum - cuz he hasn't held the title) are true champs. Unlike Condit.
I Know Everythi is offline  Top
Sponsored Links

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum