Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 02-15-2014, 12:58 PM   #1
dr1982
Journeyman

vCash: 500
Default Any upsets tonight? - Copperbox card

anyone see any upsets tonight, just looking at the odds and every fight is priced up as being very one sided
dr1982 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-2014, 01:10 PM   #2
His Royness

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Any upsets tonight? - Copperbox card

Greer no, Nespro no. Abell with a lucky shot MAYBE, but I don't think so. Sebire against Skeet also has only a VERY slim chance and Kevin Johnson just lost to Christian Hammer who is levels belov Chisora so if Johnson for the first time in his career isn't a stupid lazy **** who thinks the goal is to not get knocked out and look like a defensive wizard then he has a chance. But since he had a lot of opportunities for this and chose not to or simply isn't able to bring more offense he is a rightful underdog. If he fights like in his last fight he should be an even bigger one. The odds are a little closer than the other fights because Chisora has shown he can be very bad and Johnson doesn't get knocked out easily - oddsmakers still see a bit of potential in him.

Didn't you say you are one yourself?
His Royness is offline  Top
Old 02-15-2014, 01:13 PM   #3
Terminator_X
Belt holder
ESB Addict

They could all be one sided blow outs but there's also a possibility of upsets in a lot of the fights too.

I think Frank Buglioni, Bradley Skeete, Billy Morgan, Lewis Pettitt, Steve Collins Jr, Tom Stalker and Georgie Kean all win without much problems.

Here's a pick of the possible upsets:

Matt Greer vs Hughie Fury - Now i expect Hughie to win but this is certainly his toughest test and Greer only loses to quality Heavyweights. I've honestly not been as keen on Hughie as others here, now i don't think he'll lose but i wouldn't be surprised if he stuggled in this fight and had the odd dodgy moment.

Joey Abell vs Tyson Fury - I've a big supporter of Abell and followed his career from nearly the start, he's had his ups and downs but this is the fight of his life and one that he might actually put in a career best performance. He's defiantely got a chance in the fight between rds 1-3, after that i expect Fury to take over and stop him between rds 4-6.

Derek Chisora vs Kevin Johnson - This is the real banana skin fight of the night, Johnson has talent and power but is also very lazy and can sleep walk through fights. Style wise though Chisora could be made to measure for him as Derek will always be coming at him for Johnson to counter and jab. I still expect Derek to win but this could be a very awkward dangerous fight for him if he doesn't take the heart of Johnson early.
Terminator_X is offline  Top
Old 02-15-2014, 01:20 PM   #4
His Royness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator_X View Post

Matt Greer vs Hughie Fury - Now i expect Hughie to win but this is certainly his toughest test and Greer only loses to quality Heavyweights. I've honestly not been as keen on Hughie as others here, now i don't think he'll lose but i wouldn't be surprised if he stuggled in this fight and had the odd dodgy moment.

Well depending on your definition of quality one could agree with you. But Greers problem is also that he only beats absolute shit fighters. Only two with positive records and one of them was 1-0-0. Maybe he can take him a few rounds but that should be it.
Old 02-15-2014, 01:40 PM   #5
Terminator_X
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by His Royness View Post
Well depending on your definition of quality one could agree with you. But Greers problem is also that he only beats absolute shit fighters. Only two with positive records and one of them was 1-0-0. Maybe he can take him a few rounds but that should be it.
Well i'm not talking about the potential that Hughie has and could become in a couple of years from now, i'm looking at the 19 year old Hughie right now against Greer and think he may struggle a bit with him.

Greer's losses in the last 5 years by Kevin Johnson, Brian Minto, James Toney, Denis Boystov, Oscar Rivas, Deontay Wilder, Andy Ruiz Jr and Jordan Shimmell....they would all beat Hughie Fury with ease if they fought him right now.

Last edited by Terminator_X; 02-15-2014 at 02:13 PM.
Old 02-15-2014, 01:55 PM   #6
dr1982
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by His Royness View Post
Greer no, Nespro no. Abell with a lucky shot MAYBE, but I don't think so. Sebire against Skeet also has only a VERY slim chance and Kevin Johnson just lost to Christian Hammer who is levels belov Chisora so if Johnson for the first time in his career isn't a stupid lazy **** who thinks the goal is to not get knocked out and look like a defensive wizard then he has a chance. But since he had a lot of opportunities for this and chose not to or simply isn't able to bring more offense he is a rightful underdog. If he fights like in his last fight he should be an even bigger one. The odds are a little closer than the other fights because Chisora has shown he can be very bad and Johnson doesn't get knocked out easily - oddsmakers still see a bit of potential in him.

Didn't you say you are one yourself?
Yeah spent some time recently in the treasury dept of a well known bookies. In more of a finance/accounting role now though.

Given the lack of value have decided to go for a long shot - Tyson Fury to be knocked down at 6/1!
dr1982 is offline  Top
Old 02-15-2014, 02:07 PM   #7
His Royness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr1982 View Post
Yeah spent some time recently in the treasury dept of a well known bookies. In more of a finance/accounting role now though.

Given the lack of value have decided to go for a long shot - Tyson Fury to be knocked down at 6/1!

that's a great one I guess. Might be tangle up his feet at some point. Skybet has a great special with a combo of abell-fury under 8 and Chisora to win on points or 8-12 coming out at 2/1.

Sometimes I could kill myself that they don't accept german customers.
Old 02-15-2014, 02:18 PM   #8
Solaris
Belt holder
ESB Addict

One of the most-sided cards you will ever see. Utterly awful.
Solaris is offline  Top
Old 02-15-2014, 02:20 PM   #9
Terminator_X
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
Don't watch it then you boring cunt.
Old 02-15-2014, 02:21 PM   #10
Solaris
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Don't watch it then you boring cunt.
I'm not. A waste of everyone's evening watching that shite.

Will Frank let you stop sucking his nut sack so you can view the action you arse licking cunt?
Solaris is offline  Top
Old 02-15-2014, 02:21 PM   #11
boxfanlut
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
What are tonight lottery numbers?
boxfanlut is offline  Top
Old 02-15-2014, 02:25 PM   #12
Terminator_X
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
I'm not. A waste of everyone's evening watching that shite.
Why bother to comment on it then like you're opinion means anything? everyone knows you're just a troll who is bitter.

Oh and you will be watching it despite what you say ha.
Old 02-15-2014, 02:28 PM   #13
Solaris
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Why bother to comment on it then like you're opinion means anything? everyone knows you're just a troll who is bitter.

Oh and you will be watching it despite what you say ha.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Do yourself a favour and switch off the boxing so you can lean when to use 'your' and 'you're' properly.

Will stop you coming across as such a disgustingly thick cunt.
Solaris is offline  Top
Old 02-15-2014, 02:32 PM   #14
Terminator_X
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Do yourself a favour and switch off the boxing so you can lean when to use 'your' and 'you're' properly.

Will stop you coming across as such a disgustingly thick cunt.
Coming from you that's funny.

You're boring and live in a fantasy world and are full of BS and lies.

I'll leave you to your delusions as you're not worth any ones time.

Oh and enjoy the boxing as of cause you'll be watching it and pretending you're not.
Old 02-15-2014, 02:33 PM   #15
Solaris
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Coming from you that's funny.

You're boring and live in a fantasy world and are full of BS and lies.

I'll leave you to your delusions as you're not worth any ones time.

Oh and enjoy the boxing as of cause you'll be watching it and pretending you're not.
Fantasy world? Please enlighten me.

This should be funny.
Solaris is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum