Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 02-15-2014, 07:32 PM   #1
dellboi94
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 0
Default Hughie Fury

He's looking like a great prospect, that rest has helped him, he was looking burnt out and he looks a bit bigger. He's got a great jab and good footwork and his body punching in this fight was very good. I think they need to forget about the Tyson record and let this kid develop, I think he is the best heavyweight prospect in the UK.
dellboi94 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-2014, 07:39 PM   #2
Terminator_X
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Hughie Fury

The break has done him alot of good and i thought it was the best performance of his career so far.

His team should now move him up to the next level as he's too good for guys ranked outside the Top 200 Heavyweights...probably put him in with a few Heavies ranked between 100 to 200 and then later in year against a Top 100 guy and then push on in 2015.
Terminator_X is offline  Top
Old 02-15-2014, 07:42 PM   #3
dellboi94
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator_X View Post
The break has done him alot of good and i thought it was the best performance of his career so far.

His team should now move him up to the next level as he's too good for guys ranked outside the Top 200 Heavyweights...probably put him in with a few Heavies ranked between 100 to 200 and then later in year against a Top 100 guy and then push on in 2015.
I would like to see him in with a guy like Sprott, I think we have two potentially world class heavyweights in Joshua and Hughie.
dellboi94 is offline  Top
Old 02-15-2014, 08:00 PM   #4
Terminator_X
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dellboi94 View Post
I would like to see him in with a guy like Sprott, I think we have two potentially world class heavyweights in Joshua and Hughie.
You mean next?

I think that's a bit too much of a leap to go from a journeyman like Greer to Sprott who still has something left.

Sprott as his last fight of 2014 would be good though.

The main thing is to keep him active with at least 6 fights this year.
Old 02-15-2014, 08:11 PM   #5
korn96
Contender
ESB Senior Member

they wont rush Huighe he is 19 and learning. he looked a lot better for the rest the jab was working great.
korn96 is offline  Top
Old 02-15-2014, 08:11 PM   #6
punk
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

There is no rush for Hughie. Excellent sparring, and is gaining experience. Work in progress!
punk is offline  Top
Old 02-15-2014, 08:24 PM   #7
Tomm
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Hughie has 15 years before he will consider retirement, that's a hell of a long time, I think he should be taken a long pretty slowly given he's probably still growing! Great prospect and for me looks better than Joshua from what we have seen of both as pros.
Tomm is offline  Top
Old 02-15-2014, 08:29 PM   #8
Terminator_X
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomm View Post
Hughie has 15 years before he will consider retirement, that's a hell of a long time, I think he should be taken a long pretty slowly given he's probably still growing! Great prospect and for me looks better than Joshua from what we have seen of both as pros.
Agreed.

Hughie looks far more fluid and relaxed in the ring wheras so far Joshua looks pretty stiff and robotic.

If they faced each other right now i'm pretty sure Hughie would give Joshua a boxing lesson.
Old 02-15-2014, 09:42 PM   #9
mughalmirza786
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Savage body shots from the big man. Nice footwork in creating the angles to land those shots from hughie.
mughalmirza786 is offline  Top
Old 02-15-2014, 10:00 PM   #10
boxzone
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

We need to realise he only turned 19 recently and does not have to rush anything. His career even though he hasn't had any good names he has picked up results against good journeymen including McPhilben and Darch let's see him against a few more quick fights maybe another 2 or 3 before autumn then step it up
boxzone is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2014, 06:16 AM   #11
earthwormjim
Boxing fanatic

I'd like to see him wear a t shirt in the ring. That back acne put me off watching!! Especially when it started bleeding!!
earthwormjim is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2014, 06:21 AM   #12
Makingweight
Contender
ESB Senior Member

He just needs to keep getting good sparring & no need to rush anything just execute what he is learning in the gym.
Makingweight is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2014, 06:37 AM   #13
Solaris
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I'll wait till he fights someone with a pulse before I make a judgement on him personally.
Solaris is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2014, 07:14 AM   #14
tkoshea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
I'll wait till he fights someone with a pulse before I make a judgement on him personally.
This is it

He obviously has good pedigree seeing as he won Gold in the amature Championships

He's dad's training has served his cousin pretty well - at least to get above and beyond British title level so for whatever that's worth you could consider him capable of emulating Tyson

However its impossible to judge his potential until such time he faces someone who represents any kind of challenge. Looking impressive against no hopers and bums really doesn't tell the story

Look no further than David Price - he was looking great at a much higher level than Hughie has been and still he's hype has proved unfounded now
tkoshea is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2014, 07:33 AM   #15
Furey
EST & REG 2009
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by punk View Post
There is no rush for Hughie. Excellent sparring, and is gaining experience. Work in progress!
Exactly.

He's 19 years old, there's no rush. He looked superb last night, was really ripping into Greer's body and the jab was snappy.

Nice lad too, spoke to him afterwards... has his head screwed on. Big prospect.
Furey is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum