Katajisto Decision 0 0%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-23-2014, 11:51 AM   #1
UnleashtheFURY
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Johann Duhaupas v.s Janne Katajisto - 4/5

Duhaupas looks to make another defense of his EBU-EU Heavyweight title against "Finnish" Butterbean.. Who takes this one?
UnleashtheFURY is online now  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-2014, 11:53 AM   #2
UnleashtheFURY
Champion
East Side Guru

Default Re: Johann Duhaupas v.s Janne Katajisto - 4/5

Duhaupas should win this handily.... Early-mid rounds KO, should he win I think he would make a good comeback opponent Helenius.
Old 03-30-2014, 01:07 PM   #3
Puksu
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

Duhaupas by mid rounds stoppage. I hope that Helenius will avenge the losses of two Finns and stop Duhaupas in summer or fall.
Puksu is offline  Top
Old 03-30-2014, 02:11 PM   #4
chitownfightfan
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnleashtheFURY View Post
Duhaupas should win this handily.... Early-mid rounds KO, should he win I think he would make a good comeback opponent Helenius.
I agree, but Robbe should REALLY stay away from top 50s until after he's perfected the new mechanics he's been working on.

Helenius needs soft chins who don't run.

Audley, Petkovic, Rossy types. Guys who he can go a few rds with, but really look to sit down on his shots slowly.

He needs low risk, high reward type fight. The kind that keep him relevant, but don't risk him reinjuring his hands or getting KOd like he nearly did vs Williams.
chitownfightfan is offline  Top
Old 04-05-2014, 05:12 PM   #5
UnleashtheFURY
Champion
East Side Guru

Anybody have results for this one? should be through by now.
Old 04-05-2014, 08:07 PM   #6
UnleashtheFURY
Champion
East Side Guru

Duhaupas TKO 7. went on longer than I thought it would.
Old 04-06-2014, 04:04 AM   #7
Consu
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnleashtheFURY View Post
Duhaupas TKO 7. went on longer than I thought it would.
I didn't see it but I heard it was a competitive fight and Katajisto even clearly hurt Duhaupas couple of times. What I believe is that Katajisto's physique gave up cause he isn't the most athletic guy out there.
Consu is offline  Top
Old 04-06-2014, 06:16 AM   #8
UnleashtheFURY
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Consu View Post
I didn't see it but I heard it was a competitive fight and Katajisto even clearly hurt Duhaupas couple of times. What I believe is that Katajisto's physique gave up cause he isn't the most athletic guy out there.
interesting.... hope a video becomes available sometime. either katajisto is a bit more skilled then I thought he was, or Duhaupas isn't as good as I thought he was.. not that I raed him extremily high, but based on his resume he's a solid european level guy with some decent wins.
Old 04-07-2014, 11:15 AM   #9
Consu
Belt holder
ESB Addict

What I understood from French source it was very competitive and almost even fight and Katajisto maybe even getting better of it before knockout

I knew Katajisto has some skills but I didn't see him doing that well. It's cool to hear it was a good fight cause I didn't give him any chance to beat Duhaupas. He is fat and short but he has pretty fast hands and good ''hands up and move forward'' style. He beat young Robert Helenius in the amateurs to win gold in Finnish national championships..
Consu is offline  Top
Old 04-07-2014, 04:00 PM   #10
UnleashtheFURY
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Consu View Post
What I understood from French source it was very competitive and almost even fight and Katajisto maybe even getting better of it before knockout

I knew Katajisto has some skills but I didn't see him doing that well. It's cool to hear it was a good fight cause I didn't give him any chance to beat Duhaupas. He is fat and short but he has pretty fast hands and good ''hands up and move forward'' style. He beat young Robert Helenius in the amateurs to win gold in Finnish national championships..
He beat Robert in the amatuers? nice.... don't think Robbie has the best amateur record, but it was still decent, he's much more suited for the pros I think. maybe if katajisto was a little bit more careful with his eating habits, and trained a little harder he would go somewhere in the division
Old 04-12-2014, 02:29 PM   #11
raksa
Journeyman

vCash: 1000

There is very interesting story behind the scenes about this fight.

Katajisto's manager Markus Lammi tells that there was lot of problems getting fight salary from french promoters. Markus said that fight will be cancelled if they don't get paid in advance, this was agreed in advance before the fight. Markus was took to room with 3 other french people and he was threaten about violence by Duhaupas' agent Bernard Roos. He was pushed against the wall couple times by Roos. He escaped from the room when he saw change to do it.

...In the end Katajisto got his money but behaviour of french Bernard Roos was shameful and his gorillas.

long story in short, sorry about my english. True story. Finnish magazines have told this story overall.
raksa is offline  Top
Old 04-12-2014, 04:54 PM   #12
UnleashtheFURY
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksa View Post
There is very interesting story behind the scenes about this fight.

Katajisto's manager Markus Lammi tells that there was lot of problems getting fight salary from french promoters. Markus said that fight will be cancelled if they don't get paid in advance, this was agreed in advance before the fight. Markus was took to room with 3 other french people and he was threaten about violence by Duhaupas' agent Bernard Roos. He was pushed against the wall couple times by Roos. He escaped from the room when he saw change to do it.

...In the end Katajisto got his money but behaviour of french Bernard Roos was shameful and his gorillas.

long story in short, sorry about my english. True story. Finnish magazines have told this story overall.
Bunch of hoodlums man! Really don't like hearing about these kind of things, but good that nobody got hurt(outside of the ring at least) and that Katajisto got payed his share. Your English is fine, better than a lot of people on here who speak English as a first language .

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum