Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


View Poll Results: Who is/was more destructive as a WHO 175 belt holder?
Moorer 50 45.87%
Kovalev 59 54.13%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2014, 04:32 PM   #316
JAB5239
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 5,393
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Who was the more destructive 175 WBO belt holder?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mongoose View Post
Clearly "1.5 million> $750,000" is the real End of the Story. Your personal claims of Hill running in fear of Moorer are just that. Nobody is turning down double money, especially if they had been struggling their whole career to get a proper payday.

And you are going to have to find sources that state Hearns was regarded as the easier opponent, Hill was the favorite and Hearns was considered to be on the decline but that doesn't mean he was regarded as "easier" than Moorer. But its not like it matters when one guy was worth twice as much.

And not surprisingly you have nothing to say about Moorer and Steward refusing the fight initially because of money as well, and going on to fight chumps for a year. In truth this is probably your first time hearing about it.

So you are calling me a roach now? Sorry, you got completely schooled on events you arrogantly claimed you lived through. That must be embarressing.
The only thing embarrassing is you and your continual lies and twisting of the subject at hand. Its a fact Hill didn't fight Moorer. Its a fact Moorer claimed he wanted the fight as your own link proves. It is a fact Hearns was the underdog and seen as on the decline. It is a fact Moorer was seen as the powerhouse taking the division by storm. The fact you want to argue against these things makes you a fool when you initially agree with my overall premise that the Kovalev-Moorer comparison is close no matter who you choose. In other words you want to argue for the sake of arguing. And yes, I think you're a ****roach. Just a little bug scurrying around spreading disease.
JAB5239 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2014, 04:45 PM   #317
The Mongoose
THROW SOME THUNDAAAH!!!!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Washington D.C.
Posts: 8,656
vCash: 258
Default Re: Who was the more destructive 175 WBO belt holder?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAB5239 View Post
The only thing embarrassing is you and your continual lies and twisting of the subject at hand. Its a fact Hill didn't fight Moorer. Its a fact Moorer claimed he wanted the fight as your own link proves. It is a fact Hearns was the underdog and seen as on the decline. It is a fact Moorer was seen as the powerhouse taking the division by storm.
None of these "facts" add up to your fantasy of Hill running like a roach from Moorer. Why not address the other crucial facts I listed that actually explain why the fight didn't happen? As opposed to indulging in these hand picked fragments that allow you to maintain your facade. What is the point of being so stubbornly ignorant? While you've done nothing but speculate, I've dug the entire story up, the pretense is over, there's nothing to speculate on.

Your refusal to just admit you were mistaken about the Hill/Moorer situation and retreating to fantasy land is pretty damn embarressing.
The Mongoose is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 04:58 PM   #318
JAB5239
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 5,393
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Who was the more destructive 175 WBO belt holder?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mongoose View Post
None of these "facts" add up to your fantasy of Hill running like a roach from Moorer. Why not address the other crucial facts I listed that actually explain why the fight didn't happen?

Your refusal to just admit you were mistaken about the Hill/Moorer situation is pretty damn embarressing.
So let me get this straight....you're saying Hill fighting Hearns for more money is not ducking, but Stevenson going to Showtime for more money is? Please explain that to me. The fact is the best light heavyweights would not fight Moorer. The fact is the situation is pretty much the same now as it was then. So why the double standards?
JAB5239 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 01:06 PM   #319
The Mongoose
THROW SOME THUNDAAAH!!!!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Washington D.C.
Posts: 8,656
vCash: 258
Default Re: Who was the more destructive 175 WBO belt holder?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nay_Sayer View Post
Desperation has finally set in for the DumbGoose. Get in all in now because your ass is over with come Saturday...
WRONG! You are wrong about everything. You have never been right about anything and Saturday night proved this.

Now pack your shit and leave, you complete and utter racist idiot.
The Mongoose is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 01:08 PM   #320
The Mongoose
THROW SOME THUNDAAAH!!!!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Washington D.C.
Posts: 8,656
vCash: 258
Default Re: Who was the more destructive 175 WBO belt holder?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAB5239 View Post
So let me get this straight....you're saying Hill fighting Hearns for more money is not ducking, but Stevenson going to Showtime for more money is? Please explain that to me. The fact is the best light heavyweights would not fight Moorer. The fact is the situation is pretty much the same now as it was then. So why the double standards?
I have no double standards, you however have been shown to have no idea what you are talking about as you now have been forced to agree Hill/Moorer was about money and not "Hill running like a roach. "

Your are going to have to breakdown in detail with sources why Stevenson/Kov and Moorer/Hill are exactly the same for me to even remotely consider your argument. From where I'm standing they are not the same and this has been explained to you.
The Mongoose is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 10:34 PM   #321
JAB5239
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 5,393
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Who was the more destructive 175 WBO belt holder?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mongoose View Post
I have no double standards, you however have been shown to have no idea what you are talking about as you now have been forced to agree Hill/Moorer was about money and not "Hill running like a roach. "

Your are going to have to breakdown in detail with sources why Stevenson/Kov and Moorer/Hill are exactly the same for me to even remotely consider your argument. From where I'm standing they are not the same and this has been explained to you.
Wrong again, you said Hill-Moorer was about money. Now please answer my question as you are continually avoiding it..
JAB5239 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 07:24 AM   #322
Aquamarine
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 4,061
vCash: 500
Default Re: Who was the more destructive 175 WBO belt holder?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAB5239 View Post
Why would anyone gauge Sergays power at heavyweight when he hasn't rough there? I'm sure he has sparred many though, and I don't hear any hall of fame trainers coming out of the woodwork to talk about how good it is. Do you?
Are you stupid? Seriously?! LOL you dumb shit I asked you how are you able to gauge Kovalev's power @ HW one way or the other? Not Moorers...

You keep using Moorers being a HW to prove he was more destructive @ 175 LOL You keep pointing out that KOvalev hasn't fought @ the weight & when I asked you to tell me how you could gauge KOvalevs HW power one way or the other you quote Emmanuel steward commenting on Moorers power

KOvalev hasn't fought @ HW so you cannot compare the two @ that weight. You can only compare them @ 175 until KOvalev makes an unlikely step up to 200lbs...

Is it sinking in yet?! Where has you bumchum Nay-More gone JAB?

Props the Mongoose you are a ****in legend mate

Last edited by Aquamarine; 04-14-2014 at 07:35 AM.
Aquamarine is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 07:32 AM   #323
Aquamarine
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 4,061
vCash: 500
Default Re: Who was the more destructive 175 WBO belt holder?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mongoose View Post
WRONG! You are wrong about everything. You have never been right about anything and Saturday night proved this.

Now pack your shit and leave, you complete and utter racist idiot.
Aquamarine is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 09:02 AM   #324
Aquamarine
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 4,061
vCash: 500
Default Re: Who was the more destructive 175 WBO belt holder?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nay_Sayer View Post
I don't hate you at all. Actually, I feel sorry for you. We'll need to put you on suicide watch after Saturday's main event seeing as your hero will lose *and* you'll have to leave this forum.

I wish you well on your journey out the door, Genius. Don't let the doorknob hit you in the ass on your way out...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nay_Sayer View Post
Desperation has finally set in for the DumbGoose. Get in all in now because your ass is over with come Saturday...
Make sure the rope is the correct length & there is enough ground clearance Nubian! Was nice knowing you 'Nay-More'
Aquamarine is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 09:04 AM   #325
Scar
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 32,071
vCash: 372
Default Re: Who was the more destructive 175 WBO belt holder?

Seriously, people comparing Light Heavyweight Moorer who was one of the best ever to Kovalev who's biggest win is Cleverly and the poll is actually close?. The trolling is definitely getting out of hand.
Scar is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 09:07 AM   #326
Aquamarine
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 4,061
vCash: 500
Default Re: Who was the more destructive 175 WBO belt holder?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar View Post
Seriously, people comparing Light Heavyweight Moorer who was one of the best ever to Kovalev who's biggest win is Cleverly and the poll is actually close?. The trolling is definitely getting out of hand.
I will disagree with you there Scar. I adhere to the fact Moorer was a talent but his resume @ 175 is weak to say the least...

Plus it is unfair to compare them at all until KOvalev has finished his career. Then we can truly evaluate
Aquamarine is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 11:37 AM   #327
JAB5239
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 5,393
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Who was the more destructive 175 WBO belt holder?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquamarine View Post
Are you stupid? Seriously?! LOL you dumb shit I asked you how are you able to gauge Kovalev's power @ HW one way or the other? Not Moorers...

You keep using Moorers being a HW to prove he was more destructive @ 175 LOL You keep pointing out that KOvalev hasn't fought @ the weight & when I asked you to tell me how you could gauge KOvalevs HW power one way or the other you quote Emmanuel steward commenting on Moorers power

KOvalev hasn't fought @ HW so you cannot compare the two @ that weight. You can only compare them @ 175 until KOvalev makes an unlikely step up to 200lbs...

Is it sinking in yet?! Where has you bumchum Nay-More gone JAB?

Props the Mongoose you are a ****in legend mate
When did I compare Kov's power east heavyweight? Link please or STFU. I thought you were done responding to me? And you sound like you want to suck goose's d*ck in spite of the fact he's been owned this whole thread. You guys have that in common though, don't you fairy man?
JAB5239 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 11:43 AM   #328
JAB5239
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 5,393
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Who was the more destructive 175 WBO belt holder?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquamarine View Post
I will disagree with you there Scar. I adhere to the fact Moorer was a talent but his resume @ 175 is weak to say the least...

Plus it is unfair to compare them at all until KOvalev has finished his career. Then we can truly evaluate
Funny, the poll is still close just as said it would be. Now Moorer has pulled ahead though and people are still telling you how wrong you are. Must suck to be you.
JAB5239 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 11:56 AM   #329
Rock0052
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: All up in Djibouti
Posts: 11,171
vCash: 79
Default Re: Who was the more destructive 175 WBO belt holder?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar View Post
Seriously, people comparing Light Heavyweight Moorer who was one of the best ever to Kovalev who's biggest win is Cleverly and the poll is actually close?. The trolling is definitely getting out of hand.
Sadly, that Cleverly's the best light heavyweight either man fought. Moorer's resume isn't worth a top 25 spot at 175 even if he may knock out some guys ranked there.

These fighters were both destroyers. Getting the best of their peers in the ring with them has been an issue for both Moorer and Kovalev.
Rock0052 is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 12:14 PM   #330
JAB5239
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 5,393
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Who was the more destructive 175 WBO belt holder?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock0052 View Post
Sadly, that Cleverly's the best light heavyweight either man fought. Moorer's resume isn't worth a top 25 spot at 175 even if he may knock out some guys ranked there.

These fighters were both destroyers. Getting the best of their peers in the ring with them has been an issue for both Moorer and Kovalev.
This has been my point from the opening post.
JAB5239 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013