Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 04-10-2014, 08:55 PM   #31
LordSouness
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 489
Default Re: How did you score Bradley-Pacquiao I...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew101 View Post
7-5 Pac. 1-2, 9, 10 and 12 to Bradley. Seventh and eleventh were close, so in retrospect, it's not completely out of the question to score the fight for Timmeh by a 7-5 margin. Nor is it completely out of the question to call a split of the first couple of rounds, and have Pac winning by an 8-4 margin.
From memory, that sounds pretty much like I had it.
LordSouness is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2014, 08:57 PM   #32
Spoorloos
IfPacKOsTimImgone90days
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 172

This fight may just be a prime example for perception bias under the influence of unbalanced information-cues.
Spoorloos is offline  Top
Old 04-10-2014, 08:59 PM   #33
KillSomething
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 202

I think a huge confounding factor in how this fight looks is Bradley's balance. In a few of the rounds I gave him, I pointed out that he was stumbling around the ring and looked like he was on the verge of being KO'd. Anyone watching it live would give those rounds to Pacquiao if he landed a single punch, because it looked like damage was being done.

In reality, Pacquiao was not landing and Bradley was stumbling because his feet were injured. So when I rewatch the fight and score it knowing about the injuries, I'm looking more closely for punches landed, and they aren't there.

Many times Bradley comes out of an exchange looking like he got clocked when he was the one who did the hitting (round 5 is a prime example). It's a tricky fight, and to score it for Bradley you really have to call it like you see it instead of relying on typical perceptions you have when watching a fight (i.e. 'Look at that guy falling all over the ring, he's getting the shit beat out of him'). You have to look and see if Pacquiao's punches are landing, and most of the time they aren't.
KillSomething is offline  Top
Old 04-10-2014, 09:00 PM   #34
KillSomething
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 202

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babality View Post
Right, all of them are bad, and you're good. Who should I believe.
You should learn how fights are scored and score it your damn self

I'm not saying they all suck, but Amir Khan is on that list for chrissake
KillSomething is offline  Top
Old 04-10-2014, 09:05 PM   #35
twofear
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillSomething View Post
Crowd noise is a thing. Moreso when Pacquiao is fighting. Moreso when his opponent has zero fans.

I think this fight can be scored many ways, and a lot of them can result in Manny winning. I just scored it the way I scored it, there were definitely more than a few swing rounds. In a fight where not much happens, much is left up to interpretation.

And there aren't 100 boxing writers in the world who count as experts at scoring. They're actually quite bad at it for the most part.
now crowd noise affect the scoring of the fight
twofear is offline  Top
Old 04-10-2014, 09:07 PM   #36
JohnnyDrama99
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Sound off or on the fight is exactly the same......Manny won at the very least 8 rounds. And that is being very generous to Tim. He should do better this time around but I don't think he makes it to round 12. Pac have an eager Timmy who wants to prove that he can actually win a fight against Manny and not just given a victory that he can put down on paper.
JohnnyDrama99 is offline  Top
Old 04-10-2014, 09:08 PM   #37
Spoorloos
IfPacKOsTimImgone90days
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
I think a huge confounding factor in how this fight looks is Bradley's balance. In a few of the rounds I gave him, I pointed out that he was stumbling around the ring and looked like he was on the verge of being KO'd. Anyone watching it live would give those rounds to Pacquiao if he landed a single punch, because it looked like damage was being done.

In reality, Pacquiao was not landing and Bradley was stumbling because his feet were injured. So when I rewatch the fight and score it knowing about the injuries, I'm looking for punches landed, and they aren't there.

Many times Bradley comes out of an exchange looking like he got clocked when he was the one who did the hitting. It's a tricky fight, and to score it for Bradley you really have to call it like you see it instead of relying on typical perceptions you have when watching a fight (i.e. 'Look at that guy falling all over the ring, he's getting the shit beat out of him'). You have to look and see if Pacquiao's punches are landing, and most of the time they aren't.
Again, excellent point

I think the second fight will bring a lot of people to unlearn about the realities of the first one, because this time we will see a healthy Bradley.
Pacquiao couldn't find an injured and handicapped one all night, and the Championship-rounds showed that Bradley clearly has Manny figured out.

To me, this feels like a real superfight because it could mark the end of one extraordinary career and the final breakthrough of another one.

I'm excited. Can't wait.
Old 04-10-2014, 09:10 PM   #38
LightsOutJack
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I don't remember the rounds, but live I had it 9 - 3 Pac. This is with Jim Lampley's gagging noises as he blows Pacquiao smacking in my ear the whole time. I was too busy being disgusted with how Bradley's performance was being represented to really pay that much attention to the fight...

Boy was I happy when he got the decision... That was the only thing that could save his career at the time cause HBO just spent the entire fight burying him.

Since then, I watched it on Youtube with no sound, and I found 5 solid rounds to give to Bradley... I even saw a few Pac rounds that could be argued (although you'd be reaching, but definitely could be argued) that could switch to Bradley and thus give him the fight...

Pac won though... Objectively, Pac won...

Bradley won the 10th and 12th hands down, and maybe the 11th (I don't remember)... Those are rounds Bradley won by a landslide. I also gave him the first
LightsOutJack is offline  Top
Old 04-10-2014, 09:11 PM   #39
twofear
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:

In reality, Pacquiao was not landing and Bradley was stumbling because his feet were injured. So when I rewatch the fight and score it knowing about the injuries, I'm looking more closely for punches landed, and they aren't there.

Many times Bradley comes out of an exchange looking like he got clocked when he was the one who did the hitting (round 5 is a prime example). It's a tricky fight, and to score it for Bradley you really have to call it like you see it instead of relying on typical perceptions you have when watching a fight (i.e. 'Look at that guy falling all over the ring, he's getting the shit beat out of him'). You have to look and see if Pacquiao's punches are landing, and most of the time they aren't.
he was stumbling all around the ring because he tried to roll with the punches as fast as it was landing, not because of his ankles
twofear is offline  Top
Old 04-10-2014, 09:11 PM   #40
Babality
KTFO!!!!!!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 1728

Quote:
You should learn how fights are scored and score it your damn self

I'm not saying they all suck, but Amir Khan is on that list for chrissake
Of course I scored it myself. Bradley didn't win, not even close.
Babality is offline  Top
Old 04-10-2014, 09:18 PM   #41
JASPER
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

I think I had it 9-3 but I had a few drinks and I think the fan of PAC came out. However, when I watched it again I think I had it 7-5. Bradley was very effective when he was on the offensive and was pretty good defensively.
JASPER is offline  Top
Old 04-10-2014, 09:18 PM   #42
Spoorloos
IfPacKOsTimImgone90days
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by twofear View Post
he was stumbling all around the ring because he tried to roll with the punches as fast as it was landing, not because of his ankles
Pac didn't manage to hurt Bradley once in the whole fight, not even one single effective, telling punch.

And Bradley is not the guy that can hide being hurt very good as we have seen vs Ruslan...
Old 04-10-2014, 09:22 PM   #43
twofear
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoorloos View Post
Pac didn't manage to hurt Bradley once in the whole fight, not even one single effective, telling punch.

And Bradley is not the guy that can hide being hurt very good as we have seen vs Ruslan...
im very sure timmy was on queer street not sure what round though
twofear is offline  Top
Old 04-10-2014, 09:38 PM   #44
Arranmcl
Arran
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
...when you watched it with the sound off?

This happened because I decided to watch it again to do some analysis for a bet this weekend, and about a round in I decided I couldn't analyze properly with Jim's obvious fanboy rants blasting out at me. So I muted it, put on some music, and started over.

I scored it 8-4 Bradley (I will post the breakdown).

There are a few reaons for this:

1. Ring generalship. Bradley pretty much had free range of the ring, and he was able to stop Pacquiao from throwing combinations by countering, moving, and using his jab. Additionally, he was the one taking initiative and throwing punches.

2. Defense. Pacquiao was taking punches from Bradley all night. Not hard, damaging punches, but punches. Bradley would occasionally take punches from Pacquiao, but again, not hard, damaging punches. Overall, Bradley took far fewer punches, and the ones he did take tended to glance off or be absorbed by Bradley's rolling head movement. More on that later.

3. Clean, effective punching. Neither guy was effective in the sense of damaging the opponent. However, Bradley was MUCH more effective in terms of dictating the action. By this I mean that in exchanges, it was usually a hard shot by Bradley that ended the exchange. He was effective in keeping Pacquiao honest, and I think he was effective in tiring him out with body shots.

When I watched it the first time I didn't score it. I thought that Bradley was hurt in most rounds, because of the way he was moving. Now I know it was the multiple foot injuries that caused this, but if you didn't catch them you could be forgiven for thinking Pacquiao had scrambled his brains and worn him out. Lots of Pacquiao shots appear to land, but the way Bradley ducks and rolls his head, he not only avoids most of them, but softens the ones that do land. As for activity, any of the rounds I originally gave to Bradley were based on what Pacquiao didn't do. Pacquiao simply didn't fight, and it wasn't because it was too easy, it was because he was tired or cramped up. Or affected by body shots. Or because every time he opened up, he hit air and Bradley hit him.

Overall, I think it was a great gameplan by Bradley, an off night for Pacquiao, and technically an off night for Bradley too. Look at his movement in the Marquez fight and the beginning of the Pacquiao fight, and look at him in the Pacquiao fight after the injuries.

If Bradley can avoid breaking his ankles, I think he DOMINATES Pacquiao this time, unless a Manny shows up that we haven't seen in years.

tl;dr:
Bradley won and will do so again.
Hey man, this is the first time I've posted on esb in ages. I remember you from the training forum I think.

I scored it 114-114 Bradley when I watched it earlier today, but there were close rounds. Gave Bradley rounds 1, 2, 8, 9, 11 and 12. Rounds 3 and 5 were close too. What 8 did you give Bradley?
Arranmcl is offline  Top
Old 04-10-2014, 09:47 PM   #45
elchivito
master betty
East Side VIP

vCash: 107

First time seemed 11-1 Pacquiao.
Second time, 7-5 Bradley.
Body language of both after fight seemed like neither one was very confident they really won.
Draw would of been fair. Manny missed many punches. Bradley went to the body alot, something fighters other than Marquez never dared to try on Manny that much. Rematch should remove any doubts.
elchivito is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum