Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-11-2014, 08:47 AM   #1
treeve
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 115
Default Bermane Stiverne vs Cristobal Arreola 2

Bermane KO round 8.
Arreola thinks it Bermane's right cross he needs to avoid, but its bermane's left hook that will be his downfall.
Look at all of bermane's wins and his left hook stands out.
Not that its anywhere near Joe Fraizer's but its his bread and butter.
Thoughts
treeve is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2014, 08:52 AM   #2
A|C|S
The original |A|C|S|
ESB Addict

vCash: 12923
Default Re: Bermane Stiverne vs Cristobal Arreola 2

Think Cris will eventually catch him hard, the nose fxcked him up dont think he will be as patient this time
A|C|S is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2014, 08:58 AM   #3
TJ Max
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 686

Great fight. The first fight was one of the best heavyweight fights in years.

I'm not sure Chris is going to win against Stiverne, but I think Chris' style would be more interesting vs Wilder, assuming they fight.
TJ Max is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2014, 09:30 AM   #4
Robney
ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ
East Side VIP

vCash: 5000

I expect Arreola to closely outpoint Bermane this time out. Maybe with a KD in there.
Robney is online now  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2014, 09:49 AM   #5
Brighton bomber
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Only way Stiverne loses this is if he has allowed himself to get into seriously bad shape due to the enforced inactivity. He was at his highest weight in 3 years for the first fight so even if he's slightly out of shape he'll win another decision. If he shows up in good shape unlike the first fight he'll force a late stoppage.

Arreola fans only hope is to cling onto the fact he wasn't in the best of shape and that the broken nose effected his activity levels. But fact is Arreola has never been in decent shape and never will. Also his work rate had already dropped before he got his nose broken, he threw only 9 punches in the 3rd round and the knock down was at the end of the round.

Stiverne had figured him out and Arreola dropped his work rate to avoid walking onto another huge shot and being stopped. A more aggressive and active Arreola will only mean he walks onto more shots, he leaves himself open to the right hand when he walks in.
Brighton bomber is online now  Top
Old 04-11-2014, 09:57 AM   #6
chitownfightfan
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 702

I think Stiverne is actually an underrated boxer.

He's got a long jab and he actually puts it out there.....much like Takam who is also underrated.

Problem being with these two, being Stiverne and Takam, Kevin Johnson also has a great long jab, and just like KJ, they will go thru lulls in activity.

Thankfully, Stiverne is known to mix it up inside, and Arreola will find no respite from being hit.

IDK if Stiverne has the kindof success he has in the their firt fight, but if the first was any indication of the differences in styles, and which is superior, I'll be taking Stiverne ftw.

I do however think that Stiverne is slower than snot, and that Arreola would be better suited for putting Wilders lights out and same with Jennings/Perez winner. Sadly, if Stiverne wins this vacant title, he'll likely defend it only one or twice.
chitownfightfan is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2014, 12:47 PM   #7
FilipMNE
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 461

I respect Chris as a warrior but cant believe people constantly pick him as being good he lost to ****ing Adamek who cant survive Vitalis jab and has no place being HW fighter. Stiverne beats him handily again!!!
FilipMNE is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2014, 12:51 PM   #8
FilipMNE
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitownfightfan View Post
I think Stiverne is actually an underrated boxer.

He's got a long jab and he actually puts it out there.....much like Takam who is also underrated.

Problem being with these two, being Stiverne and Takam, Kevin Johnson also has a great long jab, and just like KJ, they will go thru lulls in activity.

Thankfully, Stiverne is known to mix it up inside, and Arreola will find no respite from being hit.

IDK if Stiverne has the kindof success he has in the their firt fight, but if the first was any indication of the differences in styles, and which is superior, I'll be taking Stiverne ftw.

I do however think that Stiverne is slower than snot, and that Arreola would be better suited for putting Wilders lights out and same with Jennings/Perez winner. Sadly, if Stiverne wins this vacant title, he'll likely defend it only one or twice.
No doubt he showed very good skill vs Chris, timed him and countered really well, people talk about Chris nose but that wasnt huge factor Stiverne just broke him down really well, i was very surprised, first fight absolutely didnt need rematch because Stiverne was clear winner.
FilipMNE is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2014, 01:11 PM   #9
Scar
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 372

Going with Arreola by decision here. I'm fully expecting Arreola to show up like never before and fully motivated. He knows this is his last chance to make history and become the first ever Mexican American Heavyweight champion. Let's go Cristobal!
Scar is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2014, 01:13 PM   #10
Scar
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 372

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilipMNE View Post
I respect Chris as a warrior but cant believe people constantly pick him as being good he lost to ****ing Adamek who cant survive Vitalis jab and has no place being HW fighter. Stiverne beats him handily again!!!
You're underestimating Adamek and Vitali with that assessment. Vitali isn't exactly an easy heavyweight to beat as already proven and Adamek fought his heart out despite losing. Adamek is definitely elite quality but Vitali is just far bigger and better. Vitali would be a nightmare for any short Heavyweight.
Scar is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2014, 01:16 PM   #11
Stefan Johnson
Contender
ESB Senior Member

If Bermane doesn't knock out Mr. Nipples, or at least knock him down once, and it goes to the scorecards, I expect the Golden Boy fighter will receive a gift.
Stefan Johnson is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2014, 03:52 PM   #12
FilipMNE
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar View Post
You're underestimating Adamek and Vitali with that assessment. Vitali isn't exactly an easy heavyweight to beat as already proven and Adamek fought his heart out despite losing. Adamek is definitely elite quality but Vitali is just far bigger and better. Vitali would be a nightmare for any short Heavyweight.
I didnt say Vitali is easy to beat, and i didnt expect Adamek to beat him and losing to him is not problem but how he lost is, Vitali had to give his 100% not to KO him with ****ing jabs, that fight clearly showed Adamek has no place in HW division, and you say Adamek is elite HW
FilipMNE is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2014, 03:54 PM   #13
Nonito Smoak
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 250

Logic says Stiverne decision all day.

But for whatever reason, part of me thinks Arreola has a damn good chance to turn it around.

Still riding with Stiverne to do enough of what he did last time to get a decision.

WBC belt on the line... ehhhhhh, scorecards will probably favor Arreola if there is to be any bias, but that wasn't the case in the first fight so who knows...
Nonito Smoak is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2014, 04:02 PM   #14
JacK Rauber
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 200

You know Arreola isn't going to quit, so that means Stiverne by decision (most likely) or Arreola by KO.
JacK Rauber is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2014, 04:38 PM   #15
andrewa1
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

50/50 fight. I see Arreola winning, though. Take the kd and broken nose out of it, and Arreola probably wins the last fight. Which isn't to say something similar won't happen this time, that's why its a 50/50 fight. Its amusing how people always forget that sometimes the second fight between fighters has a different result than the first fight, and all the earmarks are there for this fight.
andrewa1 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum