Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 04-11-2014, 02:24 PM   #1
TheHogan
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 425
Default I would rather see Khan vs Berto or Ortiz than Collazo

Collazo deserves a shot at one of the top ten ranked fighters in the division. But not Khan, for me, this is a cop out fight for Khan. I would be much happier seeing him fight a Berto or an Ortiz because they are still big names and have the chance to KO Khan. Khan has taken the easy route here. Doesn't deserve props if he wins and certainly doesn't deserve a Mayweather fight!

Mayweather said "Pacquiao has Tim Bradley and Marquez problems that he has to deal with first" Will Mayweather say "Khan has to deal with Prescott and Garcia problems" ? I hope he does.
TheHogan is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2014, 02:26 PM   #2
Stylez G.
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: I would rather see Khan vs Berto or Ortiz than Collazo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHogan View Post
Collazo deserves a shot at one of the top ten ranked fighters in the division. But not Khan, for me, this is a cop out fight for Khan. I would be much happier seeing him fight a Berto or an Ortiz because they are still big names and have the chance to KO Khan. Khan has taken the easy route here. Doesn't deserve props if he wins and certainly doesn't deserve a Mayweather fight!

Mayweather said "Pacquiao has Tim Bradley and Marquez problems that he has to deal with first" Will Mayweather say "Khan has to deal with Prescott and Garcia problems" ? I hope he does.

Wait a minute, Collazo just knocked Oritz out and Khan is taking the easy route by fighting Collazo instead of Ortiz? Let's also not forget that Berto was stopped again his last fight. He suffered a shoulder injury in that fight and many people think he lost to Collazo when they fought.
Stylez G. is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2014, 02:31 PM   #3
miniq
神風
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Styles make fights.
miniq is online now  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2014, 02:34 PM   #4
Thread Stealer
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Andre Berto hasn't won a fight in 2 and a half years and also failed a drug test. He injured his shoulder and was just cleared for light sparring a month ago.

Victor Ortiz hasn't won a fight in 3 years and was just stopped by Luis Collazo.

Collazo has a chance to stop Amir Khan. Since when is Khan some guy with a good defense and reliable chin? Collazo is a modest puncher at WW. Far from a big puncher, but not feather-fisted either.
Thread Stealer is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2014, 03:00 PM   #5
TheHogan
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 425

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylez G. View Post
Wait a minute, Collazo just knocked Oritz out and Khan is taking the easy route by fighting Collazo instead of Ortiz? Let's also not forget that Berto was stopped again his last fight. He suffered a shoulder injury in that fight and many people think he lost to Collazo when they fought.
I agree with all of that. Collazo WAS a threat two or three years ago but Khan should fight someone worthy of a winner fights mayweather match. Im not discrediting Collazo he has done great but when Khan wins, it doesn't warrant him a +1 on his resume. Its like fighting Barrera. Hes going backwards with his career.
TheHogan is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2014, 03:18 PM   #6
Southpawology
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
I agree with all of that. Collazo WAS a threat two or three years ago but Khan should fight someone worthy of a winner fights mayweather match. Im not discrediting Collazo he has done great but when Khan wins, it doesn't warrant him a +1 on his resume. Its like fighting Barrera. Hes going backwards with his career.
I'm very much leaning toward Khan not winning this fight...

Callazo is a big and strong WW, I just cannot see Amir being able to take anyone's shots at WW, well anyone apart from Paulie

Tho khan has looked gd against southpaws but the Judah fight was along time ago and ALOT has happened since then
Southpawology is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2014, 03:22 PM   #7
dodong
>>PACQUIAO<<
East Side VIP

vCash: 115

i don't really care to see any of them....well, maybe khan.
dodong is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2014, 03:58 PM   #8
Scar
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 372

Quote:

Berto who lost to Guerrero and Karass recently and has been inactive for 9 months?. Ortiz who recently got knocked out by Collazo?. Get real.
Scar is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2014, 04:01 PM   #9
Stylez G.
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
That's fine. I don't think beating Collazo would make people very interested in seeing a Mayweather/Khan fight. However, beating Ortiz or Berto at this point wouldn't do that either. I think Khan needs to look good in this fight, then fight the Porter/Malignaggi winner and then someone like Keith Thurman. He does that and there will be a good amount of buzz behind a Mayweather/Khan fight.
Stylez G. is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2014, 04:11 PM   #10
progamer
Belt holder
ESB Addict

problem is, what if collawho wins?

well i hope he does.

we might get a pac fight.
progamer is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2014, 04:17 PM   #11
Sandman
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Beating Prescott or Garcia doesn't mean much when talking about how he would fare against Mayweather. Khan has, and will probably always struggle against brawlers. Against technical boxers like Paulie, Zab, Kotelnik, he's been extremely successful. Khan isn't fighting Mayweather in September, if he wins, he will probably be fighting for the IBF or WBA title in the autumn/winter.

Ortiz or Berto are coming of devastating losses. Collazo is a better test than those two. How is this 'a cop out fight for Khan'? This is his first time campaigning at welterweight and it's against a crafty veteran. Collazo is a tough, tough fight for Khan. A lot of people are predicting Khan to get knocked out in this fight, myself included.

Last edited by Sandman; 04-11-2014 at 04:38 PM.
Sandman is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2014, 04:28 PM   #12
A|C|S
The original |A|C|S|
ESB Addict

vCash: 12923

Collazo will stop him
A|C|S is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2014, 05:02 PM   #13
BlackBrenny
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Mayweather once said Khan should beat Jessie Vargas to get a fight with him...this was before Vargas had even fought Lopez

before it was "beat Berto: fight me" now it seems to be "Beat Broner: fight me"
BlackBrenny is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2014, 05:05 PM   #14
WeThePeople
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

The only way Khan wins this is by staying outside all night. Collazo doesn't have fast feet but it still seems like he will catch Khan at some point when Khan is on his way in.

Khan could easily outpoint Collazo but the momentum has to be against Khan here. We'll have to see if all this time in the gym with Hunter has paid off or whether Khan will forget his gameplan and get tagged.

I can easily see Khan getting dropped again, only time will tell. Good fight that Khan gains little from(except a probably Mayweather fight..)
WeThePeople is offline  Top
Old 04-11-2014, 05:07 PM   #15
Southpawology
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBrenny View Post
Mayweather once said Khan should beat Jessie Vargas to get a fight with him...this was before Vargas had even fought Lopez

before it was "beat Berto: fight me" now it seems to be "Beat Broner: fight me"
I remember this, the more I think about it the more I think Floyd is just trolling Khan
Southpawology is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum