Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Fantasy Boxing Betting

vBookie Event: Hopkins vs. Shumenov (Boxing)
This event is over.
vBookie Event
Hopkins vs. Shumenov (Boxing)

This event is over.

Outcome Odds Total Bets Total Staked
Bernard Hopkins 4/7 (0.57) 55 28801 WIN!
Beibut Shumenov 15/8 (1.88) 33 8725  
Draw 25/1 (25.00) 17 2522  
Over 2/9 F (0.22) 14 12999 WIN!
Under 9.5 rounds 3/1 (3.00) 7 500  

Old 04-16-2014, 01:42 PM   #1
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 32000
Default Bernard Hopkins vs. Beibut Shumenov

IntentionalButt is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2014, 02:02 PM   #2
Hatesrats
"Al Grito De Guerra"
East Side VIP

vCash: 3000
Default Re: Bernard Hopkins vs. Beibut Shumenov

Going a thou on B-Hop & 200 on Shu as insurance
Hatesrats is offline  Top
Old 04-16-2014, 02:04 PM   #3
VBOX
JOURNEYMAN
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 200

Hmm, to take a shot with newly earned Pacquiao dollars on Shumy?

Back in the plus (over the starting 500) after going broke on Zab Judah of all boxers.
VBOX is offline  Top
Old 04-16-2014, 05:02 PM   #4
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBOX View Post
Hmm, to take a shot with newly earned Pacquiao dollars on Shumy?

Back in the plus (over the starting 500) after going broke on Zab Judah of all boxers.
A lot of people thought Judah would still beat Malignaggi.
Old 04-16-2014, 06:10 PM   #5
BrendonC
Club Fighter
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 40000

Gotta love my boxers from Kazakhstan! Lets go SHUME
BrendonC is offline  Top
Old 04-16-2014, 09:02 PM   #6
Nonito Smoak
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 0

50 on Shumenov, 25 on the Draw!

Lets get one for Paulie vs. Porter, IB!
Nonito Smoak is online now  Top
Old 04-16-2014, 11:33 PM   #7
VBOX
JOURNEYMAN
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonito Smoak View Post
50 on Shumenov, 25 on the Draw!

Lets get one for Paulie vs. Porter, IB!
I don't pretend to be some gambling wizard or anything but I think the draw might be a good play. Might be safer than the under.
VBOX is offline  Top
Old 04-17-2014, 09:10 AM   #8
connorcinhull
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 308296

5k on the alien. He's not done yet.
connorcinhull is offline  Top
Old 04-17-2014, 10:37 AM   #9
fatcity
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 2203

500 on B-Hop.He's ready to go any time now but it will take somebody else with better skills than his opponent to do it.
fatcity is offline  Top
Old 04-17-2014, 10:45 AM   #10
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatcity View Post
500 on B-Hop.He's ready to go any time now but it will take somebody else with better skills than his opponent to do it.
You didn't think Murat showed kinks in his armor?

Shumenov is better than Murat.

Don't get me wrong, Bernard is a rightful fave, but Shumenov is no scrub. He is a dangerous guy for Hopkins to be taking on at the doorstep of fifty.
Old 04-17-2014, 12:45 PM   #11
Robney
ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ
East Side VIP

vCash: 5000

Going for the upset here.
I expect B-Hop to win but there's always a (bei)but.
Robney is online now  Top
Old 04-17-2014, 01:00 PM   #12
VBOX
JOURNEYMAN
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
A lot of people thought Judah would still beat Malignaggi.
It was one of those situations where I was confident in my pick until the fight started, watching how things were unfolding thinkin' "I should have seen this coming". Don't like to use hindsight but this time it was very clear. I agree with the post you made in the other thread how Paulie's really come on lately, I sure didn't see it coming years ago.
VBOX is offline  Top
Old 04-17-2014, 01:03 PM   #13
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robney View Post
Going for the upset here.
I expect B-Hop to win but there's always a (bei)but.
Nice.
Old 04-17-2014, 01:20 PM   #14
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBOX View Post
It was one of those situations where I was confident in my pick until the fight started, watching how things were unfolding thinkin' "I should have seen this coming". Don't like to use hindsight but this time it was very clear. I agree with the post you made in the other thread how Paulie's really come on lately, I sure didn't see it coming years ago.
Yeah. I mean, had been looking mostly like unwashed ass for a long time (gift over Matthysse, forced to run scared; getting thoroughly outfought by Mabuza and well on his way to a loss before scoring a lucky punch to bail himself out; and never really getting into the contest with Khan, even discounting the fouls, his own speed neutralized and shut down). Of course things brightened a little in 2012 and 2013 with his exposure of Vernon Paris and giving a hassle to Garcia - but in all honesty Paris is domestic level talent and Garcia still clearly beat him and nearly got him chicken-dancing. Besides, even with those being prouder nights' work for him, the overall trend had been that he was vastly diminished from his prime - or hell, even from his Clottey self.

Meanwhile, the preceding few years had been a steady uptick for Malignaggi, ever since the Khan loss. From the move up to welter, his only really bad night was against Cano. He dominated all the B-level guys he was supposed to (faded and blown-up Jose Cotto, Lozada and Lora), exposed Senchenko for a weak paper titlist and turned his face into dog meat, and put up a very strong argument versus the still undefeated Broner at the apex of his swaggering confidence. Even with PCC, he didn't look horrible, just troubled more by a strong young kid that anybody expected given his massive edge in hand speed. I don't know that you can really complain of Malignaggi vs. Cano being a robbery without in fairness saying the same of Broner vs. Malignaggi - and for the record, neither fits the bill IMO. Both just close tough battles that could go either way.

So from 2010 on that makes five solid efforts (Lozada, Cotto, Lora, Senchenko, Broner) and one so-so one (Cano) from Malignaggi, compared with three shitty efforts (Matthysse, Mabuza, Khan) and two so-so ones (Paris and Garcia) from Judah.

At the end of the day, though, boxing is about 'most recent' impressions. Both had really gained a lot of respect in the losses they were each coming off (Malignaggi to Broner and Judah to Garcia, although in the latter case nobody was saying they scored it to Judah...although in counterpoint, Garcia is better than Broner...) so it was reasonable to call it a pick 'em heading in.
Old 04-18-2014, 06:31 AM   #15
Boxed Ears
Smugly Savvy Feelings
East Side VIP

vCash: 26665

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
Yeah. I mean, had been looking mostly like unwashed ass for a long time (gift over Matthysse, forced to run scared; getting thoroughly outfought by Mabuza and well on his way to a loss before scoring a lucky punch to bail himself out; and never really getting into the contest with Khan, even discounting the fouls, his own speed neutralized and shut down). Of course things brightened a little in 2012 and 2013 with his exposure of Vernon Paris and giving a hassle to Garcia - but in all honesty Paris is domestic level talent and Garcia still clearly beat him and nearly got him chicken-dancing. Besides, even with those being prouder nights' work for him, the overall trend had been that he was vastly diminished from his prime - or hell, even from his Clottey self.

Meanwhile, the preceding few years had been a steady uptick for Malignaggi, ever since the Khan loss. From the move up to welter, his only really bad night was against Cano. He dominated all the B-level guys he was supposed to (faded and blown-up Jose Cotto, Lozada and Lora), exposed Senchenko for a weak paper titlist and turned his face into dog meat, and put up a very strong argument versus the still undefeated Broner at the apex of his swagging confidence. Even with PCC, he didn't look horrible, just troubled more by a strong young kid that anybody expected given his massive edge in hand speed. I don't know that you can really complain of Malignaggi vs. Cano being a robbery without in fairness saying the same of Broner vs. Malignaggi - and for the record, neither fits the bill IMO. Both just close tough battles that could go either way.

So from 2010 on that makes five solid efforts (Lozada, Cotto, Lora, Senchenko, Broner) and one so-so one (Cano) from Malignaggi, compared with three shitty efforts (Matthysse, Mabuza, Khan) and two so-so ones (Paris and Garcia) from Judah.

At the end of the day, though, boxing is about 'most recent' impressions. Both had really gained a lot of respect in the losses they were each coming off (Malignaggi to Broner and Judah to Garcia, although in the latter case nobody was saying they scored it to Judah...although in counterpoint, Garcia is better than Broner...) so it was reasonable to call it a pick 'em heading in.
Fixed. No, it's not a big payoff, but I'm about to go to sleep, so I simply don't care. This is your problem now. I wash my hands of it.
Boxed Ears is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Fantasy Boxing Betting