brb
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: 88 Tyson vs 99 Lennox

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVER SKULL 66 View Post
Lennox would knock him out late

Lennox had the size, skill, reach to get past the first 4 rounds when Tyson was the most dangerous, and Tyson was an ordinary fighter after 6 rounds and even sometimes looked bored in long fights, that would lead to his downfall..

Tyson never had good stamina for a long hard tough fight, and fighting a man that much bigger and taller than him would have worn his ass out quick..
I agree.
brb is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-2014, 07:11 PM   #17
nikrj
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

1988-1989 was Tyson's peak. He would be too much too Lewis.
nikrj is offline  Top
Old 04-18-2014, 07:47 PM   #18
Seamus
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzer85 View Post
really?

its very uncharacteristic of Lewis to do that, especially seeing he did an interview a few years back saying he would have beat Tyson at any point of their careers
Sorry, misread the question.

No, Lewis said he would have never fought Tyson in the late 80's or 90 as he was too green. It would be like Anthony Joshua fighting Waldo.
Seamus is offline  Top
Old 04-18-2014, 11:20 PM   #19
Foxy 01
Belt holder
ESB Addict

The version of LL that was robbed of the win against Holyfield in March 99 KTFO any version of Tyson. Simple as that.

Too big, too strong, too fast, hits too hard, too clever, and MOST IMPORTANTLY, it would not be in Lewis's breeding, or make up to be afraid of a THING like that.
Foxy 01 is offline  Top
Old 04-19-2014, 01:23 PM   #20
Azzer85
ATG
East Side Guru

This message is hidden because foxy01 is on your ignore list.

Hmmm i wonder why
Azzer85 is offline  Top
Old 04-19-2014, 05:00 PM   #21
Ken Ashcroft
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Talking Re: 88 Tyson vs 99 Lennox

Quote:
Originally Posted by sauhund II View Post

Lennox is suspect to bodypunches, lol, his trunks were pulled to the nipples..
I've never noticed Lewis showing any weaknesses against body punches but now that you've mentioned it, I watched the first Lewis/Holyfield fight again not so long ago and I did notice this time that Lewis's trunks were unusually high. In fact, when he sat down on his stool, it looked like they were almost up to his chin. LOL!

How did the ref let him get away with that and why didn't the Holyfield camp object at the time?
Ken Ashcroft is offline  Top
Old 04-19-2014, 05:06 PM   #22
Big Ukrainian
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
I've never noticed Lewis showing any weaknesses against body punches but now that you've mentioned it, I watched the first Lewis/Holyfield fight again not so long ago and I did notice this time that Lewis's trunks were unusually high. In fact, when he sat down on his stool, it looked like they were almost up to his chin. LOL!

How did the ref let him get away with that and why didn't the Holyfield camp object at the time?
I also remember that funny thing - Lewis' trunks were almost at his chest I think that's because he knew Holyfield is really good bodypuncher.
Big Ukrainian is offline  Top
Old 04-19-2014, 05:07 PM   #23
Azzer85
ATG
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus View Post

No, Lewis said he would have never fought Tyson in the late 80's or 90 as he was too green. It would be like Anthony Joshua fighting Waldo.
in the hbo documentary Lewis also stated that after their sparring session Lewis said he wanted nothing to do with that animal, referring to Tyson
Azzer85 is offline  Top
Old 04-19-2014, 09:41 PM   #24
Foxy 01
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
This message is hidden because foxy01 is on your ignore list.

Hmmm i wonder why

Make sure it stays that way, you insignificant filth. Aren't there any other rapists you can write fanboy nonsense about. I'm sure Winson Green prison must have its fair share of them.

If you save up your pocket money, who knows? Perhaps you could even visit a few.
Foxy 01 is offline  Top
Old 04-19-2014, 09:48 PM   #25
Foxy 01
Belt holder
ESB Addict

For the benefit of NON rapist fanboys, allow me to correct Azzers blatant lies. Lewis only referred to Tyson as an " animal " after his leg was bitten by Tyson.

In their sparring sessions in the Catskills in 82 when Tyson was 16, and Lewis 17, it was D'Amato who stopped it and sent Lewis back to Canada, after the 3rd session, because his " boy " was getting the worst of it.

Only the sort of human garbage that idolise freaks, lowlifes, and scum like Tyson ( Azzer ) would try to completely rewrite the facts to suit their own inadequate agendas.

Furthermore there are plenty of posters on here and other boxing forums who are only too willing to explain exactly who Tyson faced rather than fight Lewis, and what belt / s he surrendered and how much step aside he paid to the Brit.
Foxy 01 is offline  Top
Old 04-20-2014, 06:38 PM   #26
markclitheroe
TyrellBiggsnumberonefan.
ESB Senior Member

This match up is a tough one...Lewis matured real late but into a complete fighter..Tyson at his peak 87-88 was awesome.
However i think peak Lennox would be streets ahead of anything Mike faced at his peak...so i have to go for Lewis but only 70-30 % sure of being correct.Lewis could be lazy at times and Mikey was fast.
Lewis generally on song though in his biggest assignments.
Certainly feel if it goes beyond four rounds Lennox gets well on top.
There was enough evidence even in Tysons prime years of how to first cope with him,then beat him...Tillis caused him plenty of bother,Mitch Green survived,Tucker looked to have all the tools but after a good first round put the tools back in the box (injured hand ?) James Smith survived with no issues,Biggs landed 31 jabs to 7 in one round,Even big Frank connected well....then Buster D put it all together....
I think Lenny would put it together and beat Tyson, but cannot say that with certainty.
markclitheroe is offline  Top
Old 04-24-2014, 10:27 AM   #27
Anh
White collar tomato can

Tyson of 1988 vintage would beat any version of Lewis.

Tyson was unbeatable , the active use of head movement, bobbing and weaving to put pressure on fighters, and that stiff jab followed on by explosive combinations that hurt them a throwing them off whatever game plan they had.

Mentally Tyson was nearer in the right place to box during that time, hence his punch selection was often the right sort instead of wild single punches we saw later in his career, and he had Kevin Rooney in his corner instead of leeching yes-men to tell him where he went wrong.

Any fighter that tried to stay away or tie up Tyson of that era was only prolonging their inevitable defeat.
Anh is offline  Top
Old 04-24-2014, 10:32 AM   #28
Azzer85
ATG
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxy 01 View Post
I hate to say this but.......im one of Tysons victims, just like Desiree was

Damn....now i know why you act the way you do
Azzer85 is offline  Top
Old 04-24-2014, 01:15 PM   #29
Foxy 01
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Damn....now i know why you act the way you do
And you have proven without doubt your love of convicted s.e.x.beasts with your editing, you perverted freak.

Azzer = ESB's resident nonce case.

You want to scream like a stuck pig about other posters getting banned then use Tyson's **** victim as a way to try to insult someone. You are one sick fvck.
Foxy 01 is offline  Top
Old 04-24-2014, 02:05 PM   #30
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side VIP

vCash: 313

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus View Post

Would Joshua of beaten Tyson's opposition the way Tyson did up untill Douglas ? I doubt it.
dinovelvet is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum