Tyson KO/TKO 53 61.63%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-04-2014, 03:02 PM   #46
mr. magoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: 88 Tyson vs 99 Lennox

The difference between the Mike Tyson of the late 80's and the one of the early 2000's is day and night. Fast hands, devastating power, better conditioned, more stamina, greater punch resistance, and better utilization of skills. Lennox would always be a tough fight, but my inclination is to go with the younger Tyson.
mr. magoo is online now  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-2014, 04:39 PM   #47
Azzer85
ATG
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan4579 View Post
Really?!? So Lewis is an easier win than Mitch Green, Bonecrusher Smith, Toney Tucker or Buster Douglas? Mike ain't knocking out no big, tall legit heavyweight like Lewis. He couldn't do it against much lesser fighters. I say Tyson would be lucky to make it to a wide UD loss.
I totally utterly humiliated you on the other thread, so much you had to start swearing.

Now, here you are, spewing the same bullshit

You: 'Anything Mike Tyson did, Ray Mercer could have easily done'
Me: 'Ray couldnt even beat Holmes or Ferguson'
You: 'Get of Tysons nuts'
Azzer85 is offline  Top
Old 06-04-2014, 04:45 PM   #48
Azzer85
ATG
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangria View Post
The topic is Mike Tyson from 1988...otherwise known as the prime version, otherwise known as the version that trounced Holmes, Tubbs and Spinks...pitted against Lennox Lewis from the year 1999.

Tyson "couldn't" knock out "lesser" fighters because they avoided scrapping and basically fought to survive since they knew fighting Tyson head on would end in a disastrous loss. Like most people I agree that if Lennox tried to engage Tyson he'd end up horizontal. But if he played it safe, which he most likely would, he'd lose a lackluster 12 round decision, just like those "lesser" fighters.
No point wasting your time with this tosser,

check out this thread, read my replies and his so called rebuttals

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

'Ray Mercer could easily replace Tyson and do what he did'
'Tyson was 27 when the much older Holyfield beat the shit out of him'

Tyson was born in 1966, fought Holyfield in 1996. Holyfield was 34 and Tyson was 30
Azzer85 is offline  Top
Old 06-04-2014, 09:52 PM   #49
Sangria
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzer85 View Post
No point wasting your time with this tosser,

check out this thread, read my replies and his so called rebuttals

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

'Ray Mercer could easily replace Tyson and do what he did'
'Tyson was 27 when the much older Holyfield beat the shit out of him'

Tyson was born in 1966, fought Holyfield in 1996. Holyfield was 34 and Tyson was 30
What's with all the Foreman fan clones and their bitter disregard for Tyson? You don't see Tyson fans smearing Foreman's name all over youtube and boxing forums. I think they just might be afraid that Iron Mike is gaining some serious ground on Foreman and his place in history.
Sangria is offline  Top
Old 06-05-2014, 05:31 AM   #50
Azzer85
ATG
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangria View Post
What's with all the Foreman fan clones and their bitter disregard for Tyson? You don't see Tyson fans smearing Foreman's name all over youtube and boxing forums. I think they just might be afraid that Iron Mike is gaining some serious ground on Foreman and his place in history.
I wouldnt call him a Foreman fan, he is simply a hater who ran out of ideas

First it was the Tyson struggles with taller opponents, when that didnt work, he tried to discredit Tysons career by saying Ray Mercer could have done just as well, when that didnt work it was the Tyson ducking Foreman story, when that didnt work, he started name calling
Azzer85 is offline  Top
Old 06-05-2014, 07:28 AM   #51
Azzer85
ATG
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redman View Post
Lewis all day long, if Tucker, Green, Smith, Tillis could go the distance with Tyson then I'm pretty sure Lewis could.

Big difference with Lewis is he's bigger than all them, and a much better fighter than all them and had aspirations of his own to become an ATG
Tyson all day long, if Mcall and Rahman could knockout Lewis and Mercer takes Lewis into deep waters, im pretty sure Tyson could.

Big difference is Tyson was much faster and furious than all of them and a much better and a genuine ATG.

Quote:
This comes down to a battle of wills and who wants it more and who can deal with adversity better, I think Lewis had the better mindset and more tools that favoured him in this fight and once Tyson started to slow down which he did even in his prime he would become flat footed in the later rounds, well when that happened Lewis had all the tools to keep Tyson on the outside.
When did Tyson slow down in his prime? Lewis also fought Tucker (a much poorer version) and was unable to ko him either. Its funny how you penalise Tyson and the make the case for Lewis beating him based on Tyson going the distance with Tucker, yet failing to acknowledge Lewis went the distance with him too.

Lewis never stopped anyone late in a fight either, apart from a washed up Tyson

Quote:
Man vs boy, Tyson would be dangerous for a longer amount of time but once it goes into the second half of the fight it's all Lewis, I think he rather scores a late KO or stoppage or gets ripped off on the score cards same way they were trying their hardest to rip Douglas off.
Man vs Boy? based on what? this is a 50/50 fight and both have had very similar careers and fought similar opposition.

Lewis never stopped anyone late in the fight, apart from the washed up Tyson he fought.

Tyson would decisively beat Lewis on the scoredcards, when he realises whats hes up against, hell just stick to the aforementioned Tucker, Smith gameplan and try to survive the distance without getting beat up too much.

Lewis himself said he felt very uncomfortable during that first round against Tyson. I'd hate to see how hed feel against the Tyson of 14 years prior
Azzer85 is offline  Top
Old 06-05-2014, 10:03 AM   #52
Azzer85
ATG
East Side Guru

Quote:
Well if you're going to use Lewis's worst nights against him then let's use Tyson's, how about another tall boxer called Buster Douglas who had a good jab, and long right hand used his head as a pin ball for 10 rounds.
Douglas> Mcall> Lewis, deal with it

Quote:
The reason why I used Tucker, Tillis, Bonecrusher, and Green is because they have similar attributes to Lewis, even though not as big. They all stood around 6ft 4 and used their height and size to nullify Tyson's attack, some better than others. That's not using it as a negative for Tyson, just stating the facts that the few times Tyson went the distance it was against the bigger heavyweights which makes me think that Lewis would have also survived the early onslaught.
He would/could have surived, im not arguing that, but between them they won a handful of rounds, they survived at the expense of their attack as soon as they opened up they knew torpedos would be flying. Lewis would do the same, hes big enough to last to safety, if he opens up Tyson takes care of him.

Quote:
As for the McCall and Rahman fights, yep there's always a chance that Tyson could land that one big shot but we are talking a prime Lewis, one who is going up against Tyson who is someone he always wanted to fight, can't say the same about Tyson to be honest, Tyson even admitted Lewis intimidated him.
When did Tyson say that? Tyson said a lot of stuff just to be nice.

Realistically this fight could have happened earliest in 96, after Tyson won the belts, he wanted the lucrative fight with Holyfield, after that he was banned for 2 years, returned in '99, then was banned again after the Golota fight due to marijuana in his system and then returned against Nielson.

Quote:
As for the likes of Mercer, I personally think Manny Steward was right when he said that with the Tyson fight being promised to the winner of Lewis-Mercer that it was the best version of Mercer who turned up and Steward also predicted that it would turn out to be a much tougher fight than the Tyson fight.
Mercer hadnt been in prison for 4 years, in boxing of all sports, that takes a lot from you.

Quote:
As for the first round of the Tyson-Lewis fight that did finally take place when Tyson finally grew a pair, the first round... that's the round that Tyson's corner admitted that Tyson came back to the corner in distress saying 'he's hurt me', then proceeded to start practically crying like a bitch asking them to stop the fight later on in the fight.
Well Tyson didnt have any desire left to fight anyway, hes already said that after the second Holyfield fight. Lewis just plucked him from the sidelines to cement his 'legacy'

Do you honestly think a younger Tyson would have gone back to his corner like that? Both Bruno and Tucker rocked Tyson in the first round of their fights, Tyson didnt go back crying did he?

Quote:
Also it's funny how you pull Lewis up for being uncomfortable against Tyson in round 1, as if that was Lewis in his prime. hahaha
Lewis prime normally is seen around 97-00, Tysons was 86-88. You do the maths. Tyson was 14 years away from when he beat Michael Spinks.

Quote:
Face facts, Tyson knew all along that he would be in a real fight against Lewis and he had the tools and the skills to beat him. Explains why he ducked him and was willing to pay 4 million not to fight the man. Tyson vs Lewis prime for prime would come down to the mental aspect because both are very skilled, Lewis wins that war hands down.
Who was Lewis in '96? the guy who struggled against Ray Mercer (the Tyson wannabe) and was Kod by Tysons sparring partner Mcall.

Tyson went for Holyfield fights because there was a ton of money involved, he made $30m+ x2 for the Holyfield fights. He would have got peanuts for Lewis in 96.

Tyson paid Lewis $4m for loss of earnings for not giving him a shot as he was supposed to.
Azzer85 is offline  Top
Old 06-05-2014, 10:03 AM   #53
Azzer85
ATG
East Side Guru

Quote:
Also the cretins that seem to only think Tyson should be judged for a little 3 year period and if anyone brings anything up after that then it's a mountain of excuses yet the same inbred cunts always claim Lewis was in his prime for McCall and Rahman fights, one happened before he even got with Steward and the other happened when he was 35 years of age and took his eye off the ball, and avenged both defeats too.

Something Tyson never did in any of his defeats.

Lewis all day fooking long.
Buster Douglas always was better than Mcall and Berbick was better than Rahman

Funny how Lewis should be forgiven for the Mcall loss because he wasnt with Manny Steward, but you dont afford the same excuse to Tyson against Douglas, after he left Rooney?

Lewis was 35 when he got Kod by Rahman and thats ok, Tyson was 30 when he was stopped by Holyfield, after spending 4 years in prison.

Tyson was 36 when he was stopped by Lewis and that was 14 years from when he beat Spinks (according to most, the pinnacle of his career)

Double standards there.

Last edited by Azzer85; 06-05-2014 at 10:14 AM.
Azzer85 is offline  Top
Old 06-05-2014, 10:07 AM   #54
mr. magoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Buster Douglas always was better than Mcall and Berbick was better than Rahman

Funny how Lewis should be forgiven for the Mcall loss because he wasnt with Manny Steward, but you dont afford the same excuse to Tyson against Douglas, after he left Rooney?

Lewis was 35 when he got Kod by Rahman and thats ok, Tyson was 30 when he was stopped by Holyfield, after spending 4 years in prison.

Double standards there.
That about sums it up. Douglas is usually written off as being a "bum" but this is a misconception largely due to the fact that he was such a heavy underdog. In reality he had been a ranked contender for quite sometime before fighting Tyson.
Old 06-05-2014, 10:10 AM   #55
Azzer85
ATG
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. magoo View Post
That about sums it up. Douglas is usually written off as being a "bum" but this is a misconception largely due to the fact that he was such a heavy underdog. In reality he had been a ranked contender for quite sometime before fighting Tyson.
Douglas was a 'bum' wholly because he was facing Mike Tyson.
As you said, Douglas wasnt a bum and he was on a good run before facing Tyson. And he did beat Mcall, before Lewis had even turned pro.

Id rather be known for being stopped by Douglas, Holyfield and Lewis than Mcall and Rahman
Azzer85 is offline  Top
Old 06-05-2014, 10:28 AM   #56
mr. magoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
I can tell you have the reading comprehension of a down syndrome goat
Go f-ck yourself.
Old 06-05-2014, 10:29 AM   #57
Azzer85
ATG
East Side Guru

Quote:
I can tell you have the reading comprehension of a down syndrome goat, how many times do you see people saying Tyson was in his prime vs Douglas? yet he was only 24. How many times do you see people claim Lewis was in his prime when he got beat by McCall and Rahman? An awful fooking lot, which is why I highlighted it. Not once did I say Tyson was in his prime against Douglas.

As for the rest of the tripe you posted, it's all predictable nonsense you get from Tyson fans, excuse after excuse.

Here's the facts, Lewis ended up having the all time great career that Tyson was tipped to have. Olympic gold medalist beating one of his future main rivals in the final who then in turn refused to fight him, commonwealth gold medalist, 3 time world heavyweight champion, beat everybody he faced in the ring, avenged his two losses, beat every big name that was willing to fight him, retired by getting a win over the next dominant champion from the next era.

Tyson failed to get to the Olympics, lost all his fights to his closest rivals, and retired by bitching out and refusing to come out of his corner when he faced a big fat sack of Irish shit.

Deal with that.....

And obviously Lewis has no excuses for his losses does he? oh wait he does, you've already posted them.

Mr Magoo is a much more respected poster around these parts than you.

And you expect people to take you seriously?

go on, off you go, back to General where you belong
Azzer85 is offline  Top
Old 06-05-2014, 10:30 AM   #58
Azzer85
ATG
East Side Guru

Quote:
Go f-ck yourself.
When someone starts swearing during a debate, you know theyre dishonest.
Azzer85 is offline  Top
Old 06-05-2014, 10:33 AM   #59
mr. magoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
When someone starts swearing during a debate, you know theyre dishonest.
Nah.. I was being honest. I really DO want him to go f-ck himself.
Old 06-05-2014, 10:38 AM   #60
Azzer85
ATG
East Side Guru

Quote:
Nah.. I was being honest. I really DO want him to go f-ck himself.
I was actually referring to him swearing during his rebuttals,
normally a sign that theyre beginning to crack.

Like i was about to, against an idiot who claimed Tysons era was nothing and someone like Ray Mercer could easily have done the same thing
Azzer85 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum