Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 03-05-2008, 05:28 AM   #1
The Exile
FUBAR
ESB Full Member

vCash: 75
Default Scottish Holyfield fans.........

The Heavyweight Legend is due to be in Borders book store in Glasgow city centre at noon friday signing copies of his autobiography.

Im working so will miss out but would have liked to have met the guy.

Last edited by barneyrub; 03-16-2007 at 10:39 AM.
The Exile is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2008, 06:41 AM   #2
davieboy150
Drumchapel ABC

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Scottish Holyfield fans.........

I'll be there, looking forward to actually seeing him in the flesh. i've always wanted to see how big he looks in person. lol
davieboy150 is offline  Top
Old 03-05-2008, 07:05 AM   #3
Beatboxer
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I might go.

However Im a Tyson fan and I still resent him for his blatant headbutts prior to the ear biting.
Beatboxer is offline  Top
Old 03-05-2008, 07:10 AM   #4
Beatboxer
Contender
ESB Senior Member

**** it Im going.

Not many people I know can say they have met the best cruiser of all time and a top 10 all time heavyweight.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:59 AM   #5
Bluenose
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

I'll be there with my old man as he is a big fan. Hopefully post a picture up tomorrow night.

What do you reckon the turn out will be lads?
Bluenose is offline  Top
Old 03-07-2008, 03:40 PM   #6
Bluenose
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Well as promised:
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I also noticed Ken Buchanan whilst I was up the town but after I got the pic above he had disappeared so did not get the chance to speak with him
Bluenose is offline  Top
Old 03-07-2008, 03:50 PM   #7
GABBY
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

I stalked him 3 times yesterday, once at the hotel leaving ( just to get a few photos ) then at the book shop in liverpool, then in deansgate , i got a kiss from him so it was worth it .

to be honest i have always been a holyfield fan, but it was a sad sight to see, he even still had the same jumper on that he wore on soccer am last saturday he smiled a few times but never spoke , the poor man was like a zombie, very sad indeed .
GABBY is offline  Top
Old 03-07-2008, 03:53 PM   #8
Beatboxer
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I decided not to go.

I just didn't want his book enough and the Tyson fan in me still resents him somewhat.
Old 03-07-2008, 03:58 PM   #9
Bluenose
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

I just get the impression that he is naturally a shy man and doesn't crave attention outside of the ring. His business manager seems to do that for him. She was full of the patter.

I must say though that he was a true gentleman today. Yes he was quite but I just believe thats his nature, he certainly was kind enough to take the time out and acknowledge me and allow me to take not only the picture above but also one of me, him and my dad.

I did see him smiling and talking to the guy in front as he was wearing an old school Holyfield t-shirt.
Bluenose is offline  Top
Old 03-07-2008, 04:18 PM   #10
GABBY
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenose
I just get the impression that he is naturally a shy man and doesn't crave attention outside of the ring. His business manager seems to do that for him. She was full of the patter.

I must say though that he was a true gentleman today. Yes he was quite but I just believe thats his nature, he certainly was kind enough to take the time out and acknowledge me and allow me to take not only the picture above but also one of me, him and my dad.

I did see him smiling and talking to the guy in front as he was wearing an old school Holyfield t-shirt.

yeah you could be right i started the book late last night am only on around page 60 but he still comes across very shy in his book,

and yes he is a true gent
but i hope he never boxers again
GABBY is offline  Top
Old 03-07-2008, 08:50 PM   #11
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Well as promised:

I also noticed Ken Buchanan whilst I was up the town but after I got the pic above he had disappeared so did not get the chance to speak with him
Good pic Bluenose, I didnt know you were such a young un! I was there btw, but I got there a bit late & didnt see Holyfield as a result. I had a look around the place, but no sign of him. Its a shame Evender missed the chance of getting a photo with me.

Was he there at bang on 12? he couldnt have hung around for too long. Glad you & yer old man got to meet him though.
Dunky McCafferty is offline  Top
Old 03-08-2008, 06:03 PM   #12
Bluenose
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunky McCafferty
Good pic Bluenose, I didnt know you were such a young un! I was there btw, but I got there a bit late & didnt see Holyfield as a result. I had a look around the place, but no sign of him. Its a shame Evender missed the chance of getting a photo with me.

Was he there at bang on 12? he couldnt have hung around for too long. Glad you & yer old man got to meet him though.
Cheers Dunky, and yip I'm only 17. I've got the youthful look although perhaps I'm a bit too wise for my age eh Despite the age feel free to buy me a pint if you see me kicking about at the AAA fight.

Anyway his business manager came out about 12 o'clock and started the hype talking and saying that Evander was doing an interview and would be up soon. After about five minutes or so he appeared to a nice little cheer and posed for some photo's for the press. Similar to the one below.

I'm not sure how long he hung around as we were fourth in the que (Got there about half ten or just before but it was certainly worth kicking around early judging by the massive que when we left).

I should mention that during my time in Borders there were a few moments when I looked at somebody and thought I wonder if thats Dunky.

And yeah, I'm sure I'll fondly look back in twenty years time when I'm reminiscent about the day I met the Real Deal.
Bluenose is offline  Top
Old 03-08-2008, 07:39 PM   #13
victorhugo4222
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:

like the avater pic mate
victorhugo4222 is offline  Top
Old 03-09-2008, 04:29 AM   #14
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:

I should mention that during my time in Borders there were a few moments when I looked at somebody and thought I wonder if thats Dunky.

You will never know, unless I see you at the Arthur fight. & I will buy you & your da a beer if I see you there, just for having the nerve to try & get a free pint out of me on ESB!

Typical bloody student
Dunky McCafferty is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum