Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 05-05-2014, 05:28 AM   #1
makzy

vCash: 75
Default first amateur fight in 6 weeks , need advices !

So I have a first amateur bout in six weeks and i need advices about getting fit and losing weight . I'm currently at 160 pounds and I need to get down to 152.
The problem is my stamina is bad and I would like advices on getting fit .
Also , is there any way to overcome fear because I sparred with a national champion and once with an european champion and each time I got really scared. Even though my defense is good I always get scared , dunno why..
makzy is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-2014, 06:33 AM   #2
baconmaker
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: first amateur fight in 6 weeks , need advices !

Get up early and do roadwork with empty stomach. Drink a lot water, get a lot protein.
baconmaker is offline  Top
Old 05-05-2014, 09:47 AM   #3
captain hook
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1794

hey my fellow Croatian! fear is normal thing, you`ll loose it after many fights. Its what keeps you alive !!

8 pounds or 3.6kg is not many to loose in 6 weeks. Do morning roadwork - sprints, fast tempo, 800m and 400m runs, school of running, shadowbox etc.. do the training at evening and your weight will drop. Eat normally (dont run on empty stomach lol), drink lot of water, stretch and you`ll be fine
captain hook is offline  Top
Old 05-05-2014, 12:00 PM   #4
Speechless
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

The best way to control fear is to know that you have trained enough, on technique and fitness and are as prepared as can be on fight day. Then also realize, that your opponent is a novice, and simply won't have the speed, technique, power and overall ability as the guys you already sparred with. You have to go in with the mindset that losing is not an option, and your goal should not be to simply win the fight, but to 'embarass' your opponent.

Stamina wise, make sure whatever exercises you do (running, or gym exercises) are based on high intensity intervals (to match the fast & exhausting pace of an actual round). E.g. like Captain Hook says...sprints - versus just jogging at a moderate pace.
Whatever you do, make sure you do it an an intensity that gets you breathing hard, and gasping for air at the end - then force yourself to recover quickly (at a slower/moderate pace) before resuming high intensity (i.e. sprint). Training should be hard, and challenging every time. Suffer in the gym, so that the fight is easy.

Good luck.
Speechless is offline  Top
Old 05-05-2014, 04:26 PM   #5
kiniumi
Journeyman

vCash: 173

My advice. when your fighting don't just circle and continue throwing jabs. instead get in throw a few punches and get out. the way a lot of amateurs lose there first fights is by circling and jabbing and gasing them selfs this way before the fight has even really started. instead yes jab but jab throw a few punches then step back breath any chance you get... AND REMEMBER TO BREATHE THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART. im no expert this is just my opinion
kiniumi is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing