Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 05-12-2014, 12:56 PM   #1
VG_Addict
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1974
Default Ivan Dychko.

If/when he turns pro, how far do you see him going in the sport? Could he become champion in the post-Klitschko era?
VG_Addict is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-2014, 02:09 PM   #2
gmurphy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75
Default Re: Ivan Dychko.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VG_Addict View Post
If/when he turns pro, how far do you see him going in the sport? Could he become champion in the post-Klitschko era?
hard to tell huge fighter, and is very good technically and has incredible speed of hand and foot for a guy of 6'9. Definetly has great potential and could be a great pro but at the moment the super heavyweight division is packed full of very talented fights who could all make great pro's. Although a havnt heard a word about Dybhko since he was brutally knocked out by Mezhidov at the world championships

Magomedrasul Mezhidov, Ivan Dychko, Magomed Omarov, Filip Hrgović, Yoandi Toicac, i wouldnt be suprised if any one of these became a world champion professional

Last edited by gmurphy; 05-12-2014 at 03:23 PM.
gmurphy is offline  Top
Old 05-12-2014, 11:55 PM   #3
Kevin Willis
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 295

Would not make a big impact as a pro.
Kevin Willis is offline  Top
Old 05-13-2014, 01:28 AM   #4
gmurphy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Willis View Post
Would not make a big impact as a pro.
why do you think that mate his still a young guy? i rate a few guys in his division above him but i wouldnt rule out him doing something special
gmurphy is offline  Top
Old 05-13-2014, 02:55 PM   #5
Mendoza
Dominating a decade
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

I am a Dycho fan. I never saw a guy his size move that fast! Dycho was impressive in the Olympics, and won silver in the world amateur championships, losing to the best punching amateur in the world, Mezhidov. In that fight, Dycho was up on points until he got caught. He was I think 22 years old when the loss happened.

Mezhidov also Ko'd Joshua who won gold in the last Olympics, and Savon who many felt out pointed Joshua.

In a previous decision loss to Mezhidov, he took the punches well enough, so I don't think his chin is a major issue.

Which pro does he compare to? He's a bit of a mix between Henry Akienwande and Vitali Klitschko as a talent. If the young man goes pro, I think he's a future top ten talent, and could win a belt in a post Klitschko division. One to watch for sure!
Mendoza is offline  Top
Old 05-13-2014, 03:01 PM   #6
gmurphy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendoza View Post
I am a Dycho fan. I never saw a guy his size move that fast! Dycho was impressive in the Olympics, and won silver in the world amateur championships, losing to the best punching amateur in the world, Mezhidov. In that fight, Dycho was up on points until he got caught. He was I think 22 years old when the loss happened.

Mezhidov also Ko'd Joshua who won gold in the last Olympics, and Savon who many felt out pointed Joshua.

In a previous decision loss to Mezhidov, he took the punches well enough, so I don't think his chin is a major issue.

Which pro does he compare to? He's a bit of a mix between Henry Akienwande and Vitali Klitschko as a talent. If the young man goes pro, I think he's a future top ten talent, and could win a belt in a post Klitschko division. One to watch for sure!
ya he seems to have a decent chin, but them shots that Medzhidov caught him with would have knocked anyone out

when did Medzhidov ever ko Joshua? only time they faught Joshua lost by 1 point
gmurphy is offline  Top
Old 05-13-2014, 03:14 PM   #7
Kevin Willis
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmurphy View Post
why do you think that mate his still a young guy? i rate a few guys in his division above him but i wouldnt rule out him doing something special
Not sure he has a solid enough chin and he has had issues with stamina and the pace of an amateur distance.
Old 05-13-2014, 03:18 PM   #8
gmurphy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Not sure he has a solid enough chin and he has had issues with stamina and the pace of an amateur distance.
stilll very young though and at 6'9 his not matured so that could effect his stamina as his only 22 he could still go on to acheive a lot

as far as chin goes the only time his been stopped is when Medzhidov cracked him, and i dont think there is many boxers pro or amateur who could have stood up to that
gmurphy is offline  Top
Old 05-13-2014, 05:36 PM   #9
VG_Addict
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1974

Why hasn't Mezhidov gone pro yet?
VG_Addict is offline  Top
Old 05-13-2014, 05:40 PM   #10
gmurphy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VG_Addict View Post
Why hasn't Mezhidov gone pro yet?
dont know, i wonder what kind of offers his got

do you think golden boy or top rank have tried to get him?
gmurphy is offline  Top
Old 05-13-2014, 06:27 PM   #11
Kevin Willis
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
stilll very young though and at 6'9 his not matured so that could effect his stamina as his only 22 he could still go on to acheive a lot

as far as chin goes the only time his been stopped is when Medzhidov cracked him, and i dont think there is many boxers pro or amateur who could have stood up to that
Fair points!
Old 05-13-2014, 06:35 PM   #12
Kevin Willis
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
dont know, i wonder what kind of offers his got

do you think golden boy or top rank have tried to get him?
He is the wrong complexion for Golden Boy and TR is not big into HW's. Coupled with the German Promotional scene drying up for HW's as well and U.K. promoters only interesting in domestic Hw's. He probably has gotten no really tempting offers as hard as that may be to believe.

K2 does seem like a natural fit though or even Main Events. Of course what happened to his cousin Magomed Abdusalamov could have soured him on pro boxing entirely.
Old 05-13-2014, 06:52 PM   #13
gmurphy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
He is the wrong complexion for Golden Boy and TR is not big into HW's. Coupled with the German Promotional scene drying up for HW's as well and U.K. promoters only interesting in domestic Hw's. He probably has gotten no really tempting offers as hard as that may be to believe.

K2 does seem like a natural fit though or even Main Events. Of course what happened to his cousin Magomed Abdusalamov could have soured him on pro boxing entirely.
true but if they really wanted to bring big time heavyweight boxing back to america the best way to do it would be to sign the best prospect from the amateurs whos got a very entertaining style and has ridiculous power. If marketed properly he would be like a heavyweight GGG.

True i can see him making a comfortable living in the amateurs but its not like his a light flyweight who would never be that big as a pro, if everything went right for him he could earn millions so it worth a shot
gmurphy is offline  Top
Old 05-13-2014, 09:26 PM   #14
freedom2013
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 236

Magomedrasul Mezhidov could be champ. K-2 should sign him - he has more potential than the HWs they have (Tereshkin, Ustinov, Rudenko & Perez).

Dychko isn't so talented.
freedom2013 is offline  Top
Old 05-13-2014, 10:11 PM   #15
Kevin Willis
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
true but if they really wanted to bring big time heavyweight boxing back to america the best way to do it would be to sign the best prospect from the amateurs whos got a very entertaining style and has ridiculous power. If marketed properly he would be like a heavyweight GGG.

True i can see him making a comfortable living in the amateurs but its not like his a light flyweight who would never be that big as a pro, if everything went right for him he could earn millions so it worth a shot
It is already getting to that point where perhaps it may be too late for him. If he waits until the next Olympics he will be like 30, I believe. It just seems to me that if pro boxing was something that really interested him it would have happened already.

Shame really; If he had half the upside and an American or British passport he would alreay be very wealthy.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum