Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 06-03-2014, 10:36 AM   #16
Piece
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Young people, don't let them tell you not to stretch.

Who is that guy scrap?

My youtube doesn't work.
Piece is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2014, 10:49 AM   #17
scrap
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piece View Post
Who is that guy scrap?

My youtube doesn't work.
Ido Portal
Lots of good stuff on youtube, advanced stuff.
scrap is offline  Top
Old 06-03-2014, 10:55 AM   #18
Piece
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans. View Post
1 in a million

its not because he does 'G' workouts with kettleballs either. Its his style

you can do this quicker if you add weights in the mix

add weight basically. Just use weights and do it

what and work the same muscles as normal squats. Just do squats

1 leg = twice the weight on the other leg. Just double the weight instead, and you can work both legs at the same time to prevent inbalances

proof?

evidence?

a 5kg pink G kettleball is the same as a 5kg dumbell. 5kg is 5kg

Yes by increasing the weight. You are still lifting weights

yes like increasing the weight you use
You realize that all the big trainers like Elliot Hulse and others are getting away from weights and more into bodyweight/kettlebell style workouts.

For boxing, you don't need heavy weights.

You need to work on muscular control and tension. You talk about imbalances, and then go on to say that two legs works on imbalances better than one?

Does that make any sense to you? Read what you wrote and say it back to yourself.

Your problem is, you don't have any internal body control and will power. It's easier to lift weights.

It takes more dedication and body control to be a master at your own bodyweight. And because of the angles and leverage you work it, it strenghtens your tendons and ligaments better than weight training.

In addition to that, heavy external loads could disrupt your balance just slightly enough to put your entire body off kilter and cause joint issues in the future.

You may be wearing down your cartilage and not even know it until it's too late.

The reason why you believe so much in heavy weight training is because your young.

Young people think they know everything about everything. When in reality, you don't even have a job.

And this was something that was verified a while back.

So what do you really know about anything?
Piece is offline  Top
Old 06-03-2014, 10:56 AM   #19
Piece
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrap View Post
Ido Portal
Lots of good stuff on youtube, advanced stuff.
I agree.

Ido is a badass.

I like guys like Pavel, Al Kavadlo etc...
Piece is offline  Top
Old 06-03-2014, 11:10 AM   #20
Piece
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
The only one who thinks they know everything is you

Post us up some proof?

I never knocked bodyweight, you knocked weight training

I beleive that you need to do a bit of everything to acheive the best results

i do as much bodyweight work as i do lift weights. I do as much weight lifitng as i do cardio. I do as much cardio as i do HIIT. And i do as much stretching as i do them.

It works for me so il keep at it, and i guess i can produce more force than you too. Who cares if you can do a flag, i could pick you up and rag dol you, im not bragging

You are completely against weight lifiting, then go on to say if the kettle ball is too light just increase the weight. That is weight lifting

Your problem is you are narrow minded.

Elliot Hulse is heavily into everything, especially weight lifting. That is a Fact. Check his video on the myth that deadlifts **** your back up
You hit like a lil bltch and I doubt you can lift more weight than me.

When I was military I was winnin strenght competitions.

What you won?

You ain't won shlt.

But you gonna pick me up like a rag doll?

You just another suburbanite rich boy. Think you hard.

You really just mad cuz you look like you in fast foward mode when you doin those BD humps.

Cuz you ain't got that far to go.

You like some dude floppin on the ground on meth havin a seisure.

Girl be like...
Piece is offline  Top
Old 06-03-2014, 11:41 AM   #21
pecho26
ESB Lurker
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 515

Quote:
If you want to get your ass beat as an old man, follow this advice.

Bball has that young frame of mind. Thinks he's unstoppable.

He lives in a mansion and has all that parent's money.

But reality is one day, he won't be young bball.

He'll be old bball.

And the way his generation is going, people gonna be rapin men.

And he won't have any strength cuz his joints are gonna be all ****ed up.

So he's gonna get raped.

It's what HE wanted.

Don't let this be you.
Helo Roach you dumbfack.
pecho26 is offline  Top
Old 06-03-2014, 11:44 AM   #22
pecho26
ESB Lurker
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 515

Quote:
TJ Maxx
And Hendo.
pecho26 is offline  Top
Old 06-06-2014, 01:34 AM   #23
closedguard
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
BS.

You don't need weights.

At least not in the traditional sense.

All you need is advanced bodyweight tactics and kettlebells.

You get it all. Especially for the sport of boxing.
agreed kettlebells are much easier on the knee joints and piece there are people on this forum who are either gym rats or ppl with runners high. A gym rat will go to the gym and put in his daily 4-6 hrs of training and no amount evidence is going to convince him against it same goes for the marathon runners.

I had a client a female boxer who ran 2 miles every morning and did 500 reps of deadlifts 2x weekly thinking that it was going to help with her punching. piece that sad thing was that I thought that if I just kept giving her factual information she'd say oh but of course your right! I remember asking her what are the scientific antecedent factors that LDR and deadlifting contribute to your survival? Her response was too excuse herself for an urgent matter to attend to and well she left never to return. She was in her late 20's but looked 40ish. point being some people are simply delusional.
closedguard is offline  Top
Old 06-06-2014, 10:06 AM   #24
Good Boy.
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
You hit like a lil bltch and I doubt you can lift more weight than me.

When I was military I was winnin strenght competitions.

What you won?

You ain't won shlt.

But you gonna pick me up like a rag doll?

You just another suburbanite rich boy. Think you hard.

You really just mad cuz you look like you in fast foward mode when you doin those BD humps.

Cuz you ain't got that far to go.

You like some dude floppin on the ground on meth havin a seisure.

Girl be like...
That PHD you got, take it back skinny mother****er

You dont know shit.

So shut the **** up.

People who refuse to train with weights DO NOT win strength competetions.

Lying piece of shit. Shut the **** up skinny bitch

You aint won shit skinny weak mother****er
Good Boy. is offline  Top
Old 06-06-2014, 10:20 AM   #25
Piece
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Boy. View Post
That PHD you got, take it back skinny mother****er

You dont know shit.

So shut the **** up.

People who refuse to train with weights DO NOT win strength competetions.

Lying piece of shit. Shut the **** up skinny bitch

You aint won shit skinny weak mother****er
I wish I had a PHD.

Who said I never trained with weights?

Why do you assume I'm skinny?

Your mentality is all messed up. You can't keep pushing your insecurities on others.
Piece is offline  Top
Old 06-06-2014, 11:58 AM   #26
closedguard
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

piece whilst completing my phd in exercise physiology almost 3 decades ago. there were top gyms in the vicinity who had their fighters slam their heads into the bags for a round or two; thinking this was going to toughen them up. I was a young iconoclast searching to shatter dangerous routines and through my bickering one of the gyms stop it. fast forward 21 years later I walked into the same gym to the same coach but instead of the making fighters slam their heads into the bags for a 1-2 rounds he put the them to spar 9 rounds everyday; again the excuse was to toughen their heads up. In his 40 years of tenure he has not produced one national champion- which brings me to my point "es beginnt stets den gleichen" it always begins the same. The new fad here is climbing stairs up the hills for 2 hours instead of running for 2 hours which no boxer does any more.
Old 06-06-2014, 09:03 PM   #27
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict

So much retarded shit I can't be bothered. Weightlifting is the best thing you can do for your ligaments, tendons and proprioception. Stretching can decrease longevity, stretching an old elastic band isn't good for it. Making it thicker is good.
dealt_with is offline  Top
Old 06-06-2014, 09:09 PM   #28
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by closedguard View Post
I had a client a female boxer who ran 2 miles every morning and did 500 reps of deadlifts 2x weekly thinking that it was going to help with her punching. piece that sad thing was that I thought that if I just kept giving her factual information she'd say oh but of course your right! I remember asking her what are the scientific antecedent factors that LDR and deadlifting contribute to your survival? Her response was too excuse herself for an urgent matter to attend to and well she left never to return. She was in her late 20's but looked 40ish. point being some people are simply delusional.
I don't believe this for a second. I've never heard of anyone doing 500 rep deadlift at all let alone twice a week. Where do you come up with this stuff?

Several of your posts are copy pasted from other sites and some of the BS you come out with, for example "do 3 sets of 10 rep jump squats with 75% of your 1RM" is plain stupidity and will result in someone getting injured.

Also, posting shit like -

Quote:
Improved shoulder and arm strength and endurance are added benefits from regular speed bag training. If you are looking to add definition to your shoulders and arms, the speed bag is a great way to accomplish this goal! It is also a lot more fun than 87 sets of shoulder raises!
Shows your ignorance even more.

You claim you have a PHD (in what I don't know). To be blunt, the majority of the things you say is utter shite and or dangerous.

Last edited by viru§™; 06-06-2014 at 09:35 PM.
viru§™ is offline  Top
Old 06-06-2014, 10:09 PM   #29
Piece
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealt_with View Post
So much retarded shit I can't be bothered. Weightlifting is the best thing you can do for your ligaments, tendons and proprioception. Stretching can decrease longevity, stretching an old elastic band isn't good for it. Making it thicker is good.
There you go with your bullshlt again.

You can make your ligaments thicker through strength training, but that doesn't mean you should neglect static stretching.

For one, it gets the blood running through your ligaments and tendons, so it promotes healing.

It can cause inflammation, but that's part of your bodies' healing process.

For you to compare a human being, a living organism to a rubber band is ridiculous.

All that strain, and tightness on your body, combined with years of gravity, and heavy squats eventually, inevitably, compress your spine.

So if you don't stretch, then how do you make yourself whole?

Hopkins stretches all the time. That's one of his key's to longevity and I guarantee you, if you asked, he would tell you the exact same thing.

You're type of thinking is aligned with NFL type athletics, where they make an athlete as tight as a compressed spring, which is fine when you're young and your body recovers rapidly, but at some point, that spring is going to snap and you're going to have all kinds of issues.

The thing is, in your line of work, assuming you really are who you say you are, each athlete is an investment, and they'll do everything they can to get the most out of them, which includes PEDs and the best surgery, but at the end of the day, there is always some young blood waiting around the corner to replace the old dogs.

They use those guys up like thoroughbreds.

You don't need heavy, bone crushing, joint destroying weightlifting, ESPECIALLY in the sport of boxing.

That's the lazy person's way to build strength. There are alternate techniques that are safer and require more concentration but can build plenty of strength.

You use your own bodies tension.

Think about it like this, if lightening strikes your ass, your body can tense so hard it can snap the bone in half.

So, you're a fool if you don't think your mind and your body is capable of producing tension that can be used for strength.

One day, you're going to find out the truth, but I can only pray for your sake that you don't have to suffer and that eventually you see the truth.
Piece is offline  Top
Old 06-06-2014, 10:42 PM   #30
closedguard
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by viru§™ View Post
I don't believe this for a second. I've never heard of anyone doing 500 rep deadlift at all let alone twice a week. Where do you come up with this stuff?

Several of your posts are copy pasted from other sites and some of the BS you come out with, for example "do 3 sets of 10 rep jump squats with 75% of your 1RM" is plain stupidity and will result in someone getting injured.

Also, posting shit like -

Shows your ignorance even more.

You claim you have a PHD (in what I don't know). To be blunt, the majority of the things you say is utter shite and or dangerous.
my prof was an apologist for the 100 reps program i.e bench press albeit not in one set and at that time he was a trainer for the national gymnastic team as well a professor. when people attacked him he'd say how many reps and sets would you recommend? For example if you had said 10 reps he would have responded with why not 40 reps what's so magical with the number 10?

I don't advocate anyone doing 500 reps or 500 swings with the hammer which is prevalent here. so what muscular adaptation are you looking for? my degree is exercise physiology.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing