Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2014, 12:14 AM   #31
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,182
vCash: 500
Default Re: Young people, don't let them tell you not to stretch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piece View Post
There you go with your bullshlt again.

You can make your ligaments thicker through strength training, but that doesn't mean you should neglect static stretching.

For one, it gets the blood running through your ligaments and tendons, so it promotes healing.

It can cause inflammation, but that's part of your bodies' healing process.

For you to compare a human being, a living organism to a rubber band is ridiculous.

All that strain, and tightness on your body, combined with years of gravity, and heavy squats eventually, inevitably, compress your spine.

So if you don't stretch, then how do you make yourself whole?

Hopkins stretches all the time. That's one of his key's to longevity and I guarantee you, if you asked, he would tell you the exact same thing.

You're type of thinking is aligned with NFL type athletics, where they make an athlete as tight as a compressed spring, which is fine when you're young and your body recovers rapidly, but at some point, that spring is going to snap and you're going to have all kinds of issues.

The thing is, in your line of work, assuming you really are who you say you are, each athlete is an investment, and they'll do everything they can to get the most out of them, which includes PEDs and the best surgery, but at the end of the day, there is always some young blood waiting around the corner to replace the old dogs.

They use those guys up like thoroughbreds.

You don't need heavy, bone crushing, joint destroying weightlifting, ESPECIALLY in the sport of boxing.

That's the lazy person's way to build strength. There are alternate techniques that are safer and require more concentration but can build plenty of strength.

You use your own bodies tension.

Think about it like this, if lightening strikes your ass, your body can tense so hard it can snap the bone in half.

So, you're a fool if you don't think your mind and your body is capable of producing tension that can be used for strength.

One day, you're going to find out the truth, but I can only pray for your sake that you don't have to suffer and that eventually you see the truth.
You know that static stretching stretches the muscle fibres cytoskeleton, not the contractile tissue or the tendon? And a tendon is exactly like a rubber band you idiot. Basic physics. And lol at the rest of your bullshit claims about weightlifting.
dealt_with is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-2014, 11:37 AM   #32
Piece
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 515
vCash: 500
Default Re: Young people, don't let them tell you not to stretch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealt_with View Post
You know that static stretching stretches the muscle fibres cytoskeleton, not the contractile tissue or the tendon? And a tendon is exactly like a rubber band you idiot. Basic physics. And lol at the rest of your bullshit claims about weightlifting.
A rubber band doesn't have any blood flow to repair it, YOU IDIOT.

Lol.

Calling me an idiot, while simultaneously comparing a tendon to a rubberband.

I used to listen to advice from the likes of you, until I started pulling my calves repeatedly.

You know what cured them and prevented them from being pulled in the future?

Static stretching.

In fact any tightness or injury I've had in my body is relieved through static stretching and over time, along with calesthenic strength training, and eventually heals.

Before I was only utilizing strength training and getting no real relief.

It was not until I implemented static stretching, did my tendons begin to respond, at first through inflammation, after heavy stretching sessions, and then by healing.

Even dogs stretch. Cats stretch. Does any animal NOT stretch?

And you're telling me something as natural as stretching shouldn't be done?

You believe too much about what you read and overlook common sense.

You're as dense as a block of lead.
Piece is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 11:46 AM   #33
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 4,140
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Young people, don't let them tell you not to stretch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by closedguard View Post
my prof was an apologist for the 100 reps program i.e bench press albeit not in one set and at that time he was a trainer for the national gymnastic team as well a professor. when people attacked him he'd say how many reps and sets would you recommend? For example if you had said 10 reps he would have responded with why not 40 reps what's so magical with the number 10?

I don't advocate anyone doing 500 reps or 500 swings with the hammer which is prevalent here. so what muscular adaptation are you looking for? my degree is exercise physiology.


Clearly you didn't read my post, why you're going on about reps I don't know. I was pointing out the fact you think doing jump squats with 75% of your 1RM is a good idea. When I pointed this out to you in the thread you posted in (thinking it was a typo) you doubled down and asked what the problem was. The problem is you have no clue what the **** you're talking about and you're going to get people injured throwing out advice like that, whether you have a PHD or not.
viru§™ is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 12:30 PM   #34
closedguard
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 265
vCash: 500
Default Re: Young people, don't let them tell you not to stretch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piece View Post
A rubber band doesn't have any blood flow to repair it, YOU IDIOT.

Lol.

Calling me an idiot, while simultaneously comparing a tendon to a rubberband.

I used to listen to advice from the likes of you, until I started pulling my calves repeatedly.

You know what cured them and prevented them from being pulled in the future?

Static stretching.

In fact any tightness or injury I've had in my body is relieved through static stretching and over time, along with calesthenic strength training, and eventually heals.

Before I was only utilizing strength training and getting no real relief.

It was not until I implemented static stretching, did my tendons begin to respond, at first through inflammation, after heavy stretching sessions, and then by healing.

Even dogs stretch. Cats stretch. Does any animal NOT stretch?

And you're telling me something as natural as stretching shouldn't be done?

You believe too much about what you read and overlook common sense.

You're as dense as a block of lead.
what is the first thing that you do when you wake up in the morning or after sitting for some time? Stretch!
closedguard is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 12:33 PM   #35
closedguard
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 265
vCash: 500
Default Re: Young people, don't let them tell you not to stretch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viru§™ View Post


Clearly you didn't read my post, why you're going on about reps I don't know. I was pointing out the fact you think doing jump squats with 75% of your 1RM is a good idea. When I pointed this out to you in the thread you posted in (thinking it was a typo) you doubled down and asked what the problem was. The problem is you have no clue what the **** you're talking about and you're going to get people injured throwing out advice like that, whether you have a PHD or not.
there goes virus misinterpreting the weight.
closedguard is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 12:39 PM   #36
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 4,140
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Young people, don't let them tell you not to stretch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by closedguard View Post
there goes virus misinterpreting the weight.
What the ****? You said use 75% of your 1RM to do jump squats, I can quote you want. It's clear what you said.
viru§™ is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 05:50 PM   #37
scrap
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,710
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Young people, don't let them tell you not to stretch.

An important part of stretching to keep the bodys tracking in line, thats where the injuries start,
scrap is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 08:56 PM   #38
Piece
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 515
vCash: 500
Default Re: Young people, don't let them tell you not to stretch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrap View Post
An important part of stretching to keep the bodys tracking in line, thats where the injuries start,
The spine in particular.

That's one of the reasons why I don't believe in lifting heavy weights. Just being slightly off form can have significant consequences if done over time.
Piece is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 03:16 AM   #39
pecho26
ESB Lurker
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 1,111
vCash: 515
Default Re: Young people, don't let them tell you not to stretch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piece View Post
The spine in particular.

That's one of the reasons why I don't believe in lifting heavy weights. Just being slightly off form can have significant consequences if done over time.
Complete and total bullshit. Give me some scientific data or some evidence of that.
Grow up.
pecho26 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 03:18 AM   #40
pecho26
ESB Lurker
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 1,111
vCash: 515
Default Re: Young people, don't let them tell you not to stretch.

[quote=Piece;16285710]You realize that all the big trainers like Elliot Hulse and others are getting away from weights and more into bodyweight/kettlebell style workouts.

Thats a complete lie. Hulse lifts heavy all the time.
He is all about deadlifts, squats,front thrust and things like that, but he uses bodyweight exercises as well.
pecho26 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 03:28 AM   #41
closedguard
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 265
vCash: 500
Default Re: Young people, don't let them tell you not to stretch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piece View Post
The spine in particular.

That's one of the reasons why I don't believe in lifting heavy weights. Just being slightly off form can have significant consequences if done over time.
piece many exercise physiologists think like you as for myself I look toward northern europe where heavy lifting has at least 1000 yrs of tradition, that being said many other parts of the world do not lift heavy.
closedguard is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 06:27 AM   #42
scrap
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,710
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Young people, don't let them tell you not to stretch.

Main function of the body, is to take that above the neck, to where it wants to go. There lies the problem as regards functional movement .
scrap is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 09:41 AM   #43
Brixton Bomber
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,490
vCash: 500
Default Re: Young people, don't let them tell you not to stretch.

Elliot Hulse is a big trainer? Laughable. He would be clueless without Youtube.
Brixton Bomber is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 11:25 AM   #44
Piece
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 515
vCash: 500
Default Re: Young people, don't let them tell you not to stretch.

[quote=pecho26;16300884]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piece View Post
You realize that all the big trainers like Elliot Hulse and others are getting away from weights and more into bodyweight/kettlebell style workouts.

Thats a complete lie. Hulse lifts heavy all the time.
He is all about deadlifts, squats,front thrust and things like that, but he uses bodyweight exercises as well.
Look up his video about bodyweight being superior to weight lifting.

Also, I have no idea why you lash out at me when I'm trying to protect people.

Meanwhile, you have imbeciles like dealt with, telling people not to stretch.
Piece is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 11:26 AM   #45
Piece
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 515
vCash: 500
Default Re: Young people, don't let them tell you not to stretch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brixton Bomber View Post
Elliot Hulse is a big trainer? Laughable. He would be clueless without Youtube.
Don't be a hater. The guy knows his stuff.
Piece is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013