Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2007, 02:49 PM   #1
knox-boxer
CPL of the VRWC
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Knoxville by way of FUCK OFF
Posts: 18
vCash: 1000
Default Henderson vs. Rampage

This one of the most interesting matches in the next few months.


Both are solid wreslters with Hendo having the edge in ground and subs. They both have very heavy hands, and Hendo's chin is about as solid as they come.

I've got to give the edge to the first time ever Unified mma champ.
knox-boxer is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2007, 04:00 PM   #2
elixirvtec
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 329
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Henderson vs. Rampage

Rampage only weakness is the clinch which hendo does not use. I hope rampage takes the win. IBut I think this match could go either way. 50/50. We have already seen rampage **** up some serious wrestlers. We don't see rampage on his back much either. I dont think hendo will be able to take him down and will be force to fight standing up which i think rampage has the edge over hendo.
elixirvtec is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 05:25 PM   #3
mann187
WTF is going on?
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 169
vCash: 3626
Default Re: Henderson vs. Rampage

Rampage can trade with Hendo because he has a good chin. The accumulation of strikes from Wand and Shogun is what stopped Rampage. Hendo from what I seen has very good wrestling and a good standup game so its going to be tough. But I think Rampage because he is naturally bigger and has similar attributes as well as the hunger to stay champ will win maybe by late stoppage but more likely decision
mann187 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 07:07 PM   #4
Donut62
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 727
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Henderson vs. Rampage

I really can't see this fight ending. I think it will be a decision, but I'm unsure which way it will go right now. Helluva fight.
Donut62 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 08:00 PM   #5
knox-boxer
CPL of the VRWC
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Knoxville by way of FUCK OFF
Posts: 18
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Henderson vs. Rampage

Randelman had him down a number of times, Wandy, Arona, and Shogun all got him down with realitve ease. Henderson is a better wrestler then all of them.
knox-boxer is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 11:58 PM   #6
elixirvtec
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 329
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Henderson vs. Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by knox-boxer
Randelman had him down a number of times, Wandy, Arona, and Shogun all got him down with realitve ease. Henderson is a better wrestler then all of them.
Then you must of not seen the hendo and arona fight. Arona go the better of him on the ground game. Hendo is good but he got beat.
elixirvtec is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 02:32 AM   #7
Beebs
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 7,121
vCash: 1493
Default Re: Henderson vs. Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by elixirvtec
Then you must of not seen the hendo and arona fight. Arona go the better of him on the ground game. Hendo is good but he got beat.
Hendo is still the better wrestler than Arona.
Beebs is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 02:35 AM   #8
Dostoevsky
Hardcore......to the max!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: The Kingdom of Fife, Scotland.
Posts: 2,848
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Henderson vs. Rampage

This isn't wrestling.....this is MMA!
Can you punch someones head on the ground in wrestling? NAY!

Not to mention Hendo is practically a striker nowadays anyway, he doesn't really utilize his wrestling skills much anymore.

the same with Liddell and his wrestling.
Dostoevsky is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 02:46 AM   #9
Beebs
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 7,121
vCash: 1493
Default Re: Henderson vs. Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Duke
This isn't wrestling.....this is MMA!
Can you punch someones head on the ground in wrestling? NAY!

Not to mention Hendo is practically a striker nowadays anyway, he doesn't really utilize his wrestling skills much anymore.

the same with Liddell and his wrestling.
I wasn't saying that, just pointing out that Hendo is a far superior wrestler to Arona.

But you make a good point about Hendo, he should use his wrestling more, he is very good and GnP and can stay out of almost any sub, but in his last 2 fights he used his wrestling brilliantly.

He took down Vitor at will and ground him down the whole fight, then in the Silva fight he mauled him in the second round from top position, and had great takedowns throughout the fight, and it really helped to have two guys who could call them correctly in Trigg and Barnett; Mir is good at properly calling wrestling as far as MMA announcers go too.
Beebs is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 10:44 AM   #10
Nuke
Full Length Member
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Under the oppression of a tyrannical government.
Posts: 2,430
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Henderson vs. Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mann187
Rampage can trade with Hendo because he has a good chin. The accumulation of strikes from Wand and Shogun is what stopped Rampage. Hendo from what I seen has very good wrestling and a good standup game so its going to be tough. But I think Rampage because he is naturally bigger and has similar attributes as well as the hunger to stay champ will win maybe by late stoppage but more likely decision


Hendo has NEVER been KOed, or TKOed, so I'd give Hendo the chin advantage, so don't think Hendo won't trade with Rampage. Plus Hendo is a champ too (2 diff classes), what makes you so sure that Rampage is the more hungry champ?
Nuke is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 10:45 AM   #11
SweetScienceFan
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 208
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Henderson vs. Rampage

I have to go with Henderson, although I feel that he should stay at 185 where he is at his best. I wouldn't be suprised to see Rampage win do to his size.
SweetScienceFan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 10:45 AM   #12
Nuke
Full Length Member
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Under the oppression of a tyrannical government.
Posts: 2,430
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Henderson vs. Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beebs
Mir is good at properly calling wrestling as far as MMA announcers go too.

I like Mir he is technical as far as moves and has alot more knowlegde then dumb and dumber (UFC announcers)
Nuke is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 12:00 PM   #13
knox-boxer
CPL of the VRWC
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Knoxville by way of FUCK OFF
Posts: 18
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Henderson vs. Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Duke
This isn't wrestling.....this is MMA!
Can you punch someones head on the ground in wrestling? NAY!

Not to mention Hendo is practically a striker nowadays anyway, he doesn't really utilize his wrestling skills much anymore.

the same with Liddell and his wrestling.
Actually you can.

Practially a striker? Why cause he choose to stand and trade with Wandy? Watch the welterweight grand prix and tell me he is just a striker now.

Go watch some fights then come and talk to me.
knox-boxer is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 12:08 PM   #14
hopkinsfan07
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 963
vCash: 1305
Default Re: Henderson vs. Rampage

i think Rampage Jackson will take this one
hopkinsfan07 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 01:18 PM   #15
mann187
WTF is going on?
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 169
vCash: 3626
Default Re: Henderson vs. Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuke
Hendo has NEVER been KOed, or TKOed, so I'd give Hendo the chin advantage, so don't think Hendo won't trade with Rampage. Plus Hendo is a champ too (2 diff classes), what makes you so sure that Rampage is the more hungry champ?
I understand your point, I think that Rampage will win because he is naturally bigger and stronger. Hendo can compete with the heavier opponents because of the wrestling skills he posseses. I said stoppage because I think that page will get top position because of his natural strength and GnP his way to a win.

Also Chucks chin was never checked but page put him on his ass with one shot so its not impossible to lose by TKO or KO. And i mentioned the hunger of Page because now he in the limelight and will want to stay there because of the money it brings. Hendo meanwhile has been a champ for longer. Hendo will be up for the fight no doubt but I think Page will win.

P.S. i havent seen much of Hendo but i seen a few fights so judgement based on the few fights i seen
mann187 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013