Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 06-30-2007, 01:03 PM   #1
ryanty22
VRWC Sledgehammer
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75
Default Alexander Dimitrenko

Anyone know when dimitrenko will be fighting on american tv the clips ive seen of him online he looks awesome especially when he destroyed gonzalo basile.
ryanty22 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2007, 01:56 PM   #2
Fat Tony
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Alexander Dimitrenko

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanty22
Anyone know when dimitrenko will be fighting on american tv the clips ive seen of him online he looks awesome especially when he destroyed gonzalo basile.
He'll fight on July 14th against the famous TBA. The main event is Krasniqi-Thompson. If this Krasniqi-Thompson won't be televised in the US, Dimitrenko-TBA won't be either.

BTW:
Dimitrenko isn't a knockout artist, those youtube clips can be misleading.
Fat Tony is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2007, 03:33 AM   #3
sean
pale peice of pig`s ear
ESB Addict

what dimetrenko desperatley needs is sparring against pressure fighters to teach him how to relax in the ring , what to do, jab, upercut, work inside and not be worried about fighters pressuring him.

even with his amatuer career and his pro fights he has not got a clue how to adapt to this tatic and must learn.

also the stuff he klearns about moving his head in training is to forced , i think because he is so tensed up all the time in the ring.

relaxation is the key, to easier body movement and sparring the key to pressure fighters.

i am still one of the few in the minority on esb who thinks he can become a contender , just not against the brewster type fighters of this world unless he learns.

frank bruno relaxed and got better as he got older and dimetrenko must do the same.
sean is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2007, 04:45 AM   #4
Cachibatches
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean
what dimetrenko desperatley needs is sparring against pressure fighters to teach him how to relax in the ring , what to do, jab, upercut, work inside and not be worried about fighters pressuring him.

even with his amatuer career and his pro fights he has not got a clue how to adapt to this tatic and must learn.

also the stuff he klearns about moving his head in training is to forced , i think because he is so tensed up all the time in the ring.

relaxation is the key, to easier body movement and sparring the key to pressure fighters.

i am still one of the few in the minority on esb who thinks he can become a contender , just not against the brewster type fighters of this world unless he learns.

frank bruno relaxed and got better as he got older and dimetrenko must do the same.
Man, he's only 24-25 years old.

You have to think that at 6'7" with a solid amatuer background, 25 pro fights under his belt, and youth (!) on his side, he's going somewhere.

Hell, judging by the way other super-heavies have matured, this guy could be 5 or more years off of his physical prime.
Cachibatches is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2007, 08:22 AM   #5
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean

You are right,sean! He looks horrible whenever an opponent goes for him attacking and forcing him to fight on his backfoot.Nevertheless Dimitrenko's jab is very good,and his chin seems to be okay,too.
Quite impressive how he took Koval' s murderous haymaker and continued fighting.Lots of better known heavies would not have been able to keep fighting after such a knockdown.
Though I am not really sure how he would fare against some known bangers like Virchis,Wlad,Peter,or Chagaev.
Odo is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2007, 08:36 AM   #6
boxexpert
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

another overrated heavy dude. although he looks like ivan drago,he will probably never be world-champion.

sure,he is young but i dont think he will improve any further. having top-trainers like sdunek doesnt make you a better figher if this is not inside you....
boxexpert is offline  Top
Old 07-01-2007, 08:24 PM   #7
Cachibatches
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by azim
Yeah but i can´t see him winning a belt even then with guys like Povetkin, Chagaev and Boytsov around. But he could fight for the title and be a contender for some years.
I'll settle far that. We just need some fresh blood. Who knows if Haye can take a heavywieght punch? Is Solis ever going to loose the weight he will have to loose?

Hell, as good as Povetkin looks, we haven't seen him against someone really hitting back.

My god, lets just see a couple of guys under 35.

One other point: sometimes a loss makes a fighter. Maybe Alex needs to take his lumps. I just think that witht his much time, experience and natural ability, he'll find a path to something, even if its not a title.
Old 07-02-2007, 02:34 AM   #8
Flurry
Krautchamp
ESB Jr Member

i have said years ago Dimi wansnt developing fast, that he had a prob when getting charged, that his jabbing was being overrated cos he couldnt keep anyone off of him with it. How old is he now? I dont know but hes been stagnating for years, he was supposed to be the next Klitschko about 3 to 4 years ago but it never happened. He should nt have gotten the nod against Bean
Flurry is offline  Top
Old 07-02-2007, 03:38 AM   #9
Artani
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Povetkin fighting better than him. Sdunek saying that he is not ready yet for big bouts. He asked Sdunek and Kohl to give him world title shot. He wants eliminator with Krasniqi but Kohl and Sdunek refused. Sdunek saying hin that Krasniqi is still better than you, i dont want to destroyed you, hahhahaa .
He must fight till 40 bouts like Valuev to have world title shot.
Artani is offline  Top
Old 07-02-2007, 05:23 AM   #10
Cachibatches
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artani
Povetkin fighting better than him. Sdunek saying that he is not ready yet for big bouts. He asked Sdunek and Kohl to give him world title shot. He wants eliminator with Krasniqi but Kohl and Sdunek refused. Sdunek saying hin that Krasniqi is still better than you, i dont want to destroyed you, hahhahaa .
He must fight till 40 bouts like Valuev to have world title shot.
I think Lou savarese is another paralell. He wasted so much time being on deck and never doing anything.
Old 07-02-2007, 07:27 AM   #11
Artani
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cachibatches
I think Lou savarese is another paralell. He wasted so much time being on deck and never doing anything.
You are right . It will be good idea to fight guys like Bidenko, Virchis or Sinan Samil Sam. With this guys he will learn more boxing skills and will improve to much his self.
Artani is offline  Top
Old 07-04-2007, 10:24 AM   #12
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artani
You are right . It will be good idea to fight guys like Bidenko, Virchis or Sinan Samil Sam. With this guys he will learn more boxing skills and will improve to much his self.

Dimitrenko fighting Virchis and Bidenko? Hm! I for my part tend to think that both fighters have the wrong style for Dimitrenko.
Dimitrenko's best weapon is his excellent jab,and Samil Sam is tailor made for Dimitrenko's style.Besides Sam is much better known in Germany than either Bidenko or Virchis.
What's more Dimitrenko's purse would be much higher against the Turk!
Virchis=high risk,little reward,he for sure would test Dimitrenko's chin
Bidenko=high risk,little reward,totally wrong style for Dimitrenko
Odo is offline  Top
Old 07-04-2007, 11:19 AM   #13
UKITAZ
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

I agree with Oddo, i think Virchis would be a hard test and an unecessary risk this early in his career.

A fight with Sinal Sam would be an interesting one, Dimitrenko has the technical ability to beat him, but it would all depend how he would cope after getting clubbed a few times and being put under pressure. Would be a good test against a legit top 20 fighter.
UKITAZ is offline  Top
Old 07-04-2007, 05:53 PM   #14
Artani
Contender
ESB Senior Member

In the last interview he sad that want to fight for world title. Hard contender will broke him.
Artani is offline  Top
Old 07-11-2007, 02:35 PM   #15
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKITAZ
I agree with Oddo, i think Virchis would be a hard test and an unecessary risk this early in his career.

A fight with Sinal Sam would be an interesting one, Dimitrenko has the technical ability to beat him, but it would all depend how he would cope after getting clubbed a few times and being put under pressure. Would be a good test against a legit top 20 fighter.
Sam would be at the receiving end of Dimitrenko's jab for 12 long rounds. Sinan Samil Sam is tailor made for Dimitrenko IMO.
Odo is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum