Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 07-11-2007, 03:03 PM   #1
kg0208
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default PBF 135 Title

Another thread has gone missing for me to post my article in.

Anyways, since someone has felt the need to use Cyberboxingzone to prove their point, then discredit it later on when it didn't agree with them on another point, I decided that it can't be both ways. If they are wrong for one situation, then they could be wrong for others right?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

This article says that Mayweather is one of only 3 fighters to hold legit real Lineal World titles in 3 weight classes, including the LW crown he won from Castillo.

So if you are going to claim that the Cyberboxingzone correctly lists all the Lineal world champions....but then disagree with their criteria to crown a champion, then it's fair to say that they may not have the right men listed because their criteria is wrong.
kg0208 is offline  Top
Old 07-11-2007, 03:41 PM   #2
kg0208
Champion
East Side Guru

Default Re: PBF 135 Title

This one too....

kg0208 is offline  Top
Old 07-11-2007, 03:41 PM   #3
Thread Stealer
P4P King
East Side VIP

Emile Griffith @ 154 if a little iffy to me.

Despite what people often believe, boxing has usually had some sort of alphabet junk, it was just not to the ridiculous extent it is now.

Griffith-Wright was recognized for the 154 lb. title by the Austrian BBC.

Denny Moyer won the vacant WBA 154 lb. title shortly afterwards and then the vacant WBC 154 lb. title. Moyer had just lost to Griffith, but that was a non-title bout well over 154 anyway.

I consider being the WBA/WBC champion more legit than being recognized by the Austrian BBC.
Thread Stealer is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-2007, 03:52 PM   #4
kg0208
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erratic Behavior
Emile Griffith @ 154 if a little iffy to me.

Despite what people often believe, boxing has usually had some sort of alphabet junk, it was just not to the ridiculous extent it is now.

Griffith-Wright was recognized for the 154 lb. title by the Austrian BBC.

Denny Moyer won the vacant WBA 154 lb. title shortly afterwards and then the vacant WBC 154 lb. title. Moyer had just lost to Griffith, but that was a non-title bout well over 154 anyway.

I consider being the WBA/WBC champion more legit than being recognized by the Austrian BBC.
This article mentions that there were 2 claimants to that title, and that Moyer's line is the one that is followed because Griffith abandoned the title.

This is more about whether PBF was the champ at 135 or not. I originally conceded that he was not based on the site I just got that article from. But the same poster is now discrediting that site when it comes to HOW to re establish the lineage when it's broken. So if he feels they are wrong in HOW they get the champion, then they could be wrong in the champions they list....that is only logical.
kg0208 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum