Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 08-01-2014, 08:39 AM   #1
Lil Floyd
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Default Brook v Porter- My personal prediction

Just been watching some videos of Porter.

The guy seriously lunges in hard with his head first, staying very low. Very aggressive style. Crouches down, head first and then big wide shots. Dont get me wrong, he is very effective at what he does but i think any top fighter who can move well on the back foot and control that pressure will be able to catch him on the way in.

Kell Brook has good reactions, good speed and a great jab. If he can cope with that pressure and power and keeps his composure then Kell will slow him down with the jab, catch him on the way in and should be able to win the fight.

Shawn Porter looks like a big welterweight but Kell is bigger and he also fights a lot taller than Porter so hopefully he can use that jab to keep the range. Porter has also only had 3 knockouts after round 4, most of which where very early in his career so i think if Kell can stay away early one and drag him to the later rounds he will give himself a much better chance.

I think Kell has the style, the ability and the physical attributes to beat Porter but it all depends on whether he can put it all together and pull it off. Hes never really had to use all of his skills in one fight becasue of the guys hes fought, but this time he needs to be at the top of his game.

In my opinion i would say Brook wins a close decision and i actually think he might knock Porter down along the way.

I know people will disagree but this is what i honestly think after watching both fighters. (I am a Brit and a huge Brook fan btw)

Cant wait!!!!

Well lads Brook did it!!!!!!

Absultley made up for him.

Brook didnt pick him off the way i thought he woulld. Porter totally smoothered Brook and made it a real messy fight.

But he couldnt keep the pace up and Brook was able to capitalise.

I was amazed how Porter took Brooks shots. Kell landed some big shots and the just bounced of that chin.

Silenced the doubters, gone overseas and won a title off an unbeaten champ and proven himself elite level.

Khan and Bundu would be good fights next.

Well done Brook!!!!!

Last edited by Lil Floyd; 08-17-2014 at 04:59 AM.
Lil Floyd is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-01-2014, 12:03 PM   #2
Tancred
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: Brook v Porter- My personal prediction

I also think brook wins but I'd go for a KO
Tancred is offline  Top
Old 08-01-2014, 12:53 PM   #3
critix
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Floyd View Post
I know people will disagree but this is what i honestly think after watching both fighters. (I am a Brit and a huge Brook fan btw)

most important point in the original post
critix is offline  Top
Old 08-01-2014, 02:24 PM   #4
Lil Floyd
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by critix View Post
most important point in the original post
Maybe, but i tried to not be bias and give my honest opinion. If i thought Porter would win id say.

There are a lot of ifs and buts in this fight. Im confident in my prediction though.
Old 08-01-2014, 02:27 PM   #5
Lil Floyd
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tancred View Post
I also think brook wins but I'd go for a KO

Yeah i cant decide on a ko or points. I think he can pick him off on the way in for a points decision but, if he manages to land that clean shot with the power he has then a ko is deffo on the cards.

Then again, if Porter get on the inside and lands these big swinging shots then it could be night night Kell Brook!!!
Old 08-01-2014, 02:36 PM   #6
lirva
Belt holder
ESB Addict

could you post your impersonal prediction
lirva is offline  Top
Old 08-01-2014, 06:23 PM   #7
FartWristedBum
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

I've seen the recent past of both fighters. To me this screams a Brook KO. Porter is going to get found out by the superior talent simple as that.

The only other outcome I can see is Kell 'freezing' and getting run-over by Porter.

Porter seems to think Kell has a 'European' style! Laughable on all counts, I very much think Porter will either taste the power of the jab early and play cagey or storm into a power shot by the sharper and more accurate hitter. Either way he's backing off and changing game-plan, and from then on it's downhill for him.

I am more than ready to eat humble pie and give Porter props unless Brook freezes and makes an embarrassing showing.

Brook KO <6rnds, 20.
FartWristedBum is offline  Top
Old 08-02-2014, 04:24 AM   #8
rayrobinson
Champion
East Side Guru

Brook gets knocked out.

Upright fighter who doesnt move his head against a strong quick swinger??

Do the math.
rayrobinson is offline  Top
Old 08-02-2014, 04:02 PM   #9
bw51
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Porter is weird. In his first fight with julio diaZ he showed amazing versatility.....head movement, footwork, combos, speed, inside and outside game....the kind of skills brook can only dream of

vs alexander sometimes he boxed, but was mostly and ugly brawler...maybe to mess up alexanders rythym but to my surprise he actually showed superior handspeed to alexander.

I give the handspeed advantage to porter. And if the same porter who fought diaz shows up with all those skills, then brook has NO chance.

the problem i have with porter is his recent slugging with alexander and paulie looks very very sloppy....so i am like wtf.....maybe again, he had no respect for paulie power as well. So he is a big question mark as to how he plans to fight...but whats gauranteed is that he is bringing the goods.

now for kell, what you see is what you get. Jab, jab, right slip, counter right, ocassional parry, jab, jab, left hook. Step out. Admittedly, his skillset looks clean and crips, especially since his heavy hands as a big welter has allowd him to dominate eurotrash....but i am scratching my head as to how kell will do with the porter who boxed like a G vs diaz or the beast who imposd his will on paulie and devon.

There are alot of question marks but for now i am leaning towards porter.

i need to watch the diaz rematch
bw51 is offline  Top
Old 08-02-2014, 04:20 PM   #10
FartWristedBum
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayrobinson View Post
Brook gets knocked out.

Upright fighter who doesnt move his head against a strong quick swinger??

Do the math.
Math..sss....OK, not saying Porter is $hit, far from it but as you described he is a 'swinger' (ahem...) i.e. wide hook-ing shots. Surely the 'math' as you put it points to the man with, accuracy, power and the straight, well timed shots down the middle...?
FartWristedBum is offline  Top
Old 08-02-2014, 07:45 PM   #11
Jim Jeffries
yous da man
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 661

I think Brook gets knocked out in this one.

I think it will be a cagey fight early on with the more experienced in big fights Porter who will come out on top.

Brook will have all the pressure on him. His first big major fight against the best fighter he ever faced.

Whereas Porter has had his big moments in his career already against Alexander and Malignaggi.
Jim Jeffries is offline  Top
Old 08-03-2014, 12:11 PM   #12
colinsMrs
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

The one advantage of boxing being marginalised in the media is this fight is happening whilst I am on holiday in Turkey. I will Sky+ it and watch it 10 days later safer in the knowledge that no one in a bar or by the pool will spoil the result.
colinsMrs is offline  Top
Old 08-03-2014, 03:43 PM   #13
boxzone
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Realistic there is arguments on both sides. Kell Brook's biggest name is Senchenko whom was a world champion but in my opinion was in the right place at the right time. Brook who I think is capable to being a good fighter has good hand speed, footwork, movement and decent reactions. The only thing wrong with Brook is the fact he hasnt fought enough fringe level/ world class fighters. He also like Amir Khan gives it the British i'm tough attitude and gets drawn into a brawl.

Now Porter has beaten Alexander, Diaz and also Paulie who are in a higher category than what Kell has faced. In the Diaz fight he fought well and was very quick. It seems his style has changed cause against Alexander he fought very crudely and against Paulie he walked through Paulie's feather fisted punches.

I believe it's a 50/50 fight and there will be a stoppage I just think that both have decent power but I think Brook pinches this.
boxzone is offline  Top
Old 08-03-2014, 04:01 PM   #14
wayne189
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

For me ina 50/50, porter has looked good in his last two fights but they were light punchers he could walk through. Seen some of porters earlier fights and was not impressed maybe hes improved since being a champ which happens, brook who knows he looks like he has good skills and can bang but its a big gut test vs brook,
I think it will be a great fight even foty candidate
Im going for brook tko 10ish
wayne189 is offline  Top
Old 08-03-2014, 04:41 PM   #15
Bellewlovechild
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 75

yeah Kells really shown his punch power hasnt he lol Kell has got the chin/heart to see round 5
Bellewlovechild is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum