Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


View Poll Results: Who wins?
Vitali 69 69.70%
Peter 12 12.12%
Training Camp 18 18.18%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2008, 06:06 PM   #1
KobeIsGod
Who Necks?!?
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Kobeland
Posts: 3,632
vCash: 1001
Default Who wins: Sam Peter vs. Vitali Klitschko

Vitali has already said he will enforce his mandatory status which im sure he will.

I think this fight could go 1 of 2 ways. Either Vitali knocks out Peter or training camp does the same to Vitali

Stylistically, Vitali is a nightmare for Peter but so is training camp for Vitali
KobeIsGod is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-2008, 06:07 PM   #2
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Alaska
Posts: 26,025
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Who wins: Sam Peter vs. Vitali Klitschko

Vitali shouldn't even get a shot w/o earning it. He's been out too long and is injured too easily.
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 06:11 PM   #3
Shpion
IDF
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,343
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Who wins: Sam Peter vs. Vitali Klitschko

Assuming Vitaly makes it through the training he will absolutely rape Peter. In this fight I would not even give Peter a punchers chance, as he could not even put the chinny Maskaev on his ass. Vitaly and Sam are from two different leauges.
Shpion is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 06:13 PM   #4
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Alaska
Posts: 26,025
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Who wins: Sam Peter vs. Vitali Klitschko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shpion
Assuming Vitaly makes it through the training he will absolutely rape Peter. In this fight I would not even give Peter a punchers chance, as he could not even put the chinny Maskaev on his ass. Vitaly and Sam are from two different leauges.
The ref jumped in stopping that. Maskaev was on his way out. Peter did what most people expected of him, winning by impressive KO (TKO).
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 06:17 PM   #5
Ted Stickles
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New Joisey
Posts: 2,168
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Who wins: Sam Peter vs. Vitali Klitschko

Vitaly on a bad day has too much for Peter IMO
Ted Stickles is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 06:18 PM   #6
Shpion
IDF
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,343
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Who wins: Sam Peter vs. Vitali Klitschko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance_Uppercut
The ref jumped in stopping that. Maskaev was on his way out. Peter did what most people expected of him, winning by impressive KO (TKO).
I guess I was not impressed by that as much as you were but credit to Peter he did win the fight. My point was that Peter's power is absolutely overated, thus, I could not even give him a punchers chance against Vitaly.
Shpion is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 06:18 PM   #7
KobeIsGod
Who Necks?!?
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Kobeland
Posts: 3,632
vCash: 1001
Default Re: Who wins: Sam Peter vs. Vitali Klitschko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance_Uppercut
The ref jumped in stopping that. Maskaev was on his way out. Peter did what most people expected of him, winning by impressive KO (TKO).
Makaev looked awful the whole fight but i was impressed the way Peter put his punches together at the end. He showed killer instict. Before that, I was very unimpressed with Peter's performance. He looked lethargic and slow but to his credit he found the energy at the end of the 6th round.
KobeIsGod is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 06:20 PM   #8
prideofvbeach
Top 10 Pound-For-Pound
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,278
vCash: 900
Default Re: Who wins: Sam Peter vs. Vitali Klitschko

I only say Peter because of all the problems that have kept Vitali out of the ring so long that have most likely turned him into a rusty shadow of his former glory.
This fight is really a waste of time for Vitali, who should go back to Ukraine and help his struggling government out. His attempt to become mayor of Kiev was a good start. He would make a good politician I think, just not a good boxer anymore.
prideofvbeach is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 06:23 PM   #9
hitman6616
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Kenora,Ontario,Canada
Posts: 310
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Who wins: Sam Peter vs. Vitali Klitschko

Peter should just tell the BElt guys to shove it.(no one cares who there champ is if the guy whos suposed to be champ gets stripped cause he wont fight a guy who hasnt fought in 3 years)

however....I'd say Peter KO (based simply on the fact that Vitali has been unable to finish a training camp and will have been out of the ring for so long)
hitman6616 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 06:25 PM   #10
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Alaska
Posts: 26,025
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Who wins: Sam Peter vs. Vitali Klitschko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shpion
I guess I was not impressed by that as much as you were but credit to Peter he did win the fight. My point was that Peter's power is absolutely overated, thus, I could not even give him a punchers chance against Vitaly.
I said it the KO was impressive, not that Peter was impressive with his fight. I could care less if Peter's power is seen as overrated by some posters, because it's underrated at the same time by others. HIs power is what it is. He may not always get a KD or KO, but you can see that's has to do moreso with his technique and the fact that he doesn't always connect cleanly. But when he does, his power is evident.
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 06:31 PM   #11
Shpion
IDF
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,343
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Who wins: Sam Peter vs. Vitali Klitschko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance_Uppercut
I said it the KO was impressive, not that Peter was impressive with his fight. I could care less if Peter's power is seen as overrated by some posters, because it's underrated at the same time by others. HIs power is what it is. He may not always get a KD or KO, but you can see that's has to do moreso with his technique and the fact that he doesn't always connect cleanly. But when he does, his power is evident.
Exactly. You just said it, "...connect cleanly." I highly doubt with his poor techique and speed, he will be able to land cleanly on Vitaly.
Shpion is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 06:38 PM   #12
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Alaska
Posts: 26,025
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Who wins: Sam Peter vs. Vitali Klitschko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shpion
Exactly. You just said it, "...connect cleanly." I highly doubt with his poor techique and speed, he will be able to land cleanly on Vitaly.
Vitali used his height very well. It's doubtful Peter would land too much.
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 06:40 PM   #13
Shpion
IDF
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,343
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Who wins: Sam Peter vs. Vitali Klitschko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance_Uppercut
Vitali used his height very well. It's doubtful Peter would land too much.



Again assuming he makes it through the training camp.
Shpion is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 06:45 PM   #14
Ambition_Def
**** the people.
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,089
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Who wins: Sam Peter vs. Vitali Klitschko

Sam has been showing time and time again that he is willing to hit the body if the head doesn't present itself.

Vitlay did a lot of this bending backwards and not really moving his feet too much. Should he do that against Sam he's gonna eat a right hand to his ribcage.

In all seriousness, Sam Peter is better than a fat Kirk Johnson, a part time golfer and Danny Williams. It's pretty clear infact. And with him being gone so long, do not be surprised to see Vitlay stopped.
Ambition_Def is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 06:53 PM   #15
Shpion
IDF
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,343
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Who wins: Sam Peter vs. Vitali Klitschko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambition_Def

In all seriousness, Sam Peter is better than a fat Kirk Johnson, a part time golfer and Danny Williams. It's pretty clear infact. And with him being gone so long, do not be surprised to see Vitlay stopped.




KJ KTFO 31 y.o Maskaev out of the ring in 4 and the part time golfer wiped the floor with the #1 HW today, the same one that outboxed Peter's ears off.

Peter is probably on par or slightly better than Danny Willims at this point.
Shpion is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013