Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 07-11-2007, 04:42 PM   #16
Mendoza
Dominating a decade
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Sam Peter vs Vladimir Virchis might happen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Gottschalk
Looks like Maskeav won't sign for the fight so Peter might fight Virchis for a interm title in truth I like this fight better
This is strange news.
Mendoza is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-2007, 04:44 PM   #17
Heavyrighthand
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novirasputin

Yea just i spoke to OM's manager and he said now they are looking at Virchis or Holy.

Virchis or Holy are being considered for Peter to fight for the possibly vacated title, correct?

Then if Vitali is already signed to fight McCline, and the press conference date is already set, I guess the only fighter that Maskaev would dump his belt in order to fight would be Wlad.

Is that what they are considering with all this talk of vacating the title?
Heavyrighthand is offline  Top
Old 07-11-2007, 04:48 PM   #18
brooklyn1550
Roberto Duran
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavyrighthand
Virchis or Holy are being considered for Peter to fight for the possibly vacated title, correct?

Then if Vitali is already signed to fight McCline, and the press conference date is already set, I guess the only fighter that Maskaev would dump his belt in order to fight would be Wlad.

Is Holyfield in on the WBC thing now?
brooklyn1550 is offline  Top
Old 07-11-2007, 04:49 PM   #19
Shpion
IDF
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavyrighthand

That makes sense but this is another stupid move by OM's management. Instead of leting OM fight Vlad for the unification and have some negotiation leverage, they let him fight Okhelo. Now he will get like 10% of the purse if Vlad agrees to fight him.
Shpion is offline  Top
Old 07-11-2007, 04:54 PM   #20
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shpion
Give Peter his fight with whom???
With Maskaev of course. If Peter doesn't get the WBC fight he should take them to cour. Since when does a man have to go through what is in effect THREE eliminators!
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 07-11-2007, 04:57 PM   #21
Shpion
IDF
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by achillesthegreat
With Maskaev of course. If Peter doesn't get the WBC fight he should take them to cour. Since when does a man have to go through what is in effect THREE eliminators!
But from what I understood from this ****ing mess is that OM does not want to fight for the 55/45 split. So who should Peter fight in that case?
Shpion is offline  Top
Old 07-11-2007, 04:59 PM   #22
Ted Stickles
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I hope he fight Evander because i think evander meats Maskaev, that would be hysterical, and **** it Evander has been a great fighter his whole career ,he aways comes to fight and is always in shape and has given all fight fans a lot of thrills over the years so i say give him his final hurrah....
Ted Stickles is offline  Top
Old 07-11-2007, 05:03 PM   #23
Heavyrighthand
Champion
East Side Guru

I know just enough to know I am really confused, now.

The only thing I am clear on is that Maskaev don't seem to want to fight Peter for such a low percentage. That's the only part I have got straight.

The rest is one big bird's nest.
Old 07-11-2007, 05:24 PM   #24
Batsch

Quote:

Yea just i spoke to OM's manager and he said now they are looking at Virchis or Holy.

So i just sorta forgot about it but that is what might happen now.

OM's manager said Maskaev would drop the belt and fight Vitali (taht was my original thing but now it doesn't seem possible so i can just tell you) and Peter would fight Oliver on the Ibrag vs Chag undercard.
Could you tell me why Vitali should fight a beltless Maskaev? Thats just wasting time for Klitschko.

BTW I would prefer Peter-virchis to Peter-McCall.

Virchis is a big slugger with good chin and big punch but no boxing skills.

But somehow I wanna puke about these politics. Usually the WBC should strip Maskaev and give all the people the fight most wanna see: Sam Peter vs. Vitali Klitschko for the vacant WBC-Title.
Batsch is offline  Top
Old 07-11-2007, 05:43 PM   #25
Heavyrighthand
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Nah for McCall to fight VV or EH.
They are saying EH is not really keen on it.
I think McCall vs Holyfield would be ****in A but what do i know
So McCall is being considered to fight either Holy or Virchis to become Peter's WBC mandatory, and Peter will be given the title if Maskaev dumps it?

I'd think they'd have to just give Peter the title, cause noone else is in the position to fight Peter for the vacated title, seeing as how Vitali is now a go with McCline..................unless Vitali could pull the plug on the fight with McCline and fight Peter for the strap, with no tuneup, whatsoever.
Old 07-11-2007, 05:48 PM   #26
Ambition_Def
**** the people.
ESB Addict

Quote:
No ****in idea.

Bro people are getting on my jock for criticizing Maskaev's team.

I really don't need to do any work as they are basically sinking their own ship.
You ain't kiddin.

He drops that belt and he gets bitch title from me for life.

****ing coward. We all knew he was afraid of Sam but a bitch move like this sets it in stone.
Ambition_Def is offline  Top
Old 07-11-2007, 05:52 PM   #27
The Tuaman
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Basically at this stage of Maskaevs career its money not belts that have the final say. Lets face it another loss and Maskaev is done, I think its safe to say either Klit Bro or Peter would beat Maskaev right now so for him its probably comming down to where hes going to get the most money, and for me it would be fighting one of then klit brothers most likely Wladimir in Europe for the IBF title. I think hes holding out as long as he can to see where the most $$$ signs will come from, and to be honest I cant blame him hes had a tough career and made it back to where he is now after most people thaught he was gone! But at the same time the major governing bodies shouldnt let fighters hold their belts ransom! After a fighter wins the title they should be allowed one optional defence 90 days after winning the title if they are fit and healthy, once the 90 days is up and if they havent taken their optioal they should then fight their mandatory within 90 days no excuses or be stripped! Simple as that.

Peter VS McCall would be a good WBC title fight if Masakev is stripped or vacates! Both guys deserve it especially McCall IMO

Holyfield is on the scene probably sensing Maskaev will vacate and he can claim on of the Vacant title fight positions!
The Tuaman is offline  Top
Old 07-11-2007, 05:54 PM   #28
Shpion
IDF
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambition_Def
You ain't kiddin.

He drops that belt and he gets bitch title from me for life.

****ing coward. We all knew he was afraid of Sam but a bitch move like this sets it in stone.
I am actually leaning towards the incomptence of his management rather than being scared. Neither Maskaev nor Peter are draws, so a 55/45 split would not be a payday for the old OM, who would most likely lose to Peter. If he fights either Klitschko he will get more money. That being said, it is his own faullt that instead of unifying he fought Okhelo and now he is paying for it.
Shpion is offline  Top
Old 07-11-2007, 06:12 PM   #29
Rock0052
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 79

This would never happen, but if Oleg won't fight Peter, they should strip him and have a Wlad-Peter unification (and rematch) fight to kill two birds with one stone- straighten out the WBC mess and get 2 belts with one fighter, setting the stage for a superfight with the Ibragimov-Chagaev winner.

It wouldn't happen, but a fan can dream.
Rock0052 is offline  Top
Old 07-11-2007, 06:14 PM   #30
Asterion
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Who the **** cares if Mask vacates the belt?

He beat SSS and Rahman and still would deserve to be a Top5 contender! And a win over him would still be a legit win over a top contender!
Asterion is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum