Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 07-11-2007, 06:17 PM   #31
Grabonator
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Sam Peter vs Vladimir Virchis might happen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklyn1550
Why wont Maskaev sign? What does he plan to do?

Virchis-Peter would be a slugfest - Peter by UD

I thought McCall was the number 1 challenger
Why wont Maskaev team sign?? Because THEY ARE SHITTING THEMSELFES!!! They are afraid and know they cant win this!! Maskaev team sucks!! IT SUCKS!!!
Grabonator is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-2007, 06:27 PM   #32
jopez707
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 497

I think its time for old Oleg to ride off into the sunset, he is not good for the division. Being one of the worst title holders in history, he didnt deserve the shot in the first place. At any rate he was given a gimmee in his first defense and hasnt done anything in like 8 months, the Heavyweight Division cant afford to allow this kind of inactivity from one of its beltholders. By the time he does fight whether it against Peter for his title or against one of the Klitschko without a title (unless its Wlad); he probably will not have fought in about a year. When he loses in his next fight, I will say Adios to Oleg.
jopez707 is offline  Top
Old 07-11-2007, 06:36 PM   #33
Heavyrighthand
Champion
East Side Guru

On the surface, knowing no more than we do, it does seem like Maskaev and Rappaport are rather unwilling to fight Peter, but we don't know the particulars, at least not all of them.

Personally, from what we know, thus far, I think it looks like Maskaev and Rappaport are not very confident in Oleg's ability to hold onto the title against Peter, Vitali, Wlad, whomever, so they are looking to fight the one that will bring Oleg the most money on what may be his last big fight.

That's my take on it, anyway. I hope we hear more on it soon, though, cause I think Virchis Peter would be a great fight, to say the least. Virchis McCall would also probably be pretty good. McCall Holy would also be a very watchable fight.
Heavyrighthand is offline  Top
Old 07-11-2007, 06:42 PM   #34
Armo_Ruski
best of da best
ESB Senior Member

hate to rain on the parade but oleg is not the youngest man anymore, business wise why on earth should oleg accept a 55/45 purse??? who is sam peter? a former champ? umm no... i would love to have seen oleg vs. peter as im one of the few who believes he would win it, but the purse bein offered IMO is an embarassment. thats almost a spilt purse and oleg is the WBC champ the other guy is sam peter!!!
Armo_Ruski is offline  Top
Old 07-11-2007, 06:44 PM   #35
brooklyn1550
Roberto Duran
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rj5892k5
This just proves that Maskaev is scared to death of Sam Peter. The WBC should take this guy's title away for all the bullshit he comes up with.
The WBC should strip him and have Peter fight the number 2 contender. Maskaev would get KO'd by Peter and Vitali, so he's trying to go where the money is.
brooklyn1550 is offline  Top
Old 07-11-2007, 06:49 PM   #36
A-50
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

What about this:

Maskaev drops the WBC belt but then fights Wlad for the Ring Magazine Belt? Wonder if this senario is possible and I wonder if the Ring would make their #1 vs #3 exception for this fight?

Thoughts?
A-50 is offline  Top
Old 07-11-2007, 06:49 PM   #37
brooklyn1550
Roberto Duran
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-50
What about this:

Maskaev drops the WBC belt but then fights Wlad for the Ring Magazine Belt? Wonder if this senario is possible and I wonder if the Ring would make their #1 vs #3 exception for this fight?

Thoughts?
Not a bad idea
Old 07-11-2007, 06:58 PM   #38
cross_trainer
Bergeron Avatar Club
ESB Addict

Ideally, Maskaev faces Wlad, Peter faces Virchis (winner to face Vitali), Chagaev and Ibragimov finish their business, and the survivors unify.
cross_trainer is offline  Top
Old 07-11-2007, 06:58 PM   #39
Asterion
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

What source says that Maskaev is going to drop the belt?
Asterion is offline  Top
Old 07-11-2007, 07:00 PM   #40
brooklyn1550
Roberto Duran
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterion
What source says that Maskaev is going to drop the belt?
None that I've actually read -all I've heard from Fight News is that he may not sign the contract to face Peter.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:20 PM   #41
Heavyrighthand
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-50
What about this:

Thoughts?
That's what I was thinking that Maskaev had in mind when he was considering dumping his title. And it does make all kind of sense, cause while Maskaev would not have possession of the title, he'd still be the man who won it in the ring, so Oleg vs. Wlad would indeed, really be a unification fight for the IBF and WBC.

I hope that's what they have planned. Maskaev would also make the most money against Wlad, and it'd also screw King, but good, cause the belt that Peter would fight the number one contender for, would be even more worthless than the fractured belts, are, now.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:49 PM   #42
Cruiser1
Champion Emeritus
ESB Addict

I wonder if Oleg would have signed the contract if Peter Okhello was his mandatory.
Cruiser1 is offline  Top
Old 07-11-2007, 08:56 PM   #43
Shotgun
Who Nex?
ESB Senior Member

They are trying to **** Oleg over. They make a special exception and make the purse split 55-45 instead of the customary 75-25 split, which is ridiculous. Sam Peter is not a big draw and never has been. This might be Oleg's last chance for a big payday, he deserves to get paid the 75% like every other champ gets in a purse bid situation. Oleg's doing the right thing by refusing to cave in to this sanctioning body that's trying to take money out of his pocket
Shotgun is offline  Top
Old 07-11-2007, 09:01 PM   #44
Cruiser1
Champion Emeritus
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shotgun
They are trying to **** Oleg over. They make a special exception and make the purse split 55-45 instead of the customary 75-25 split, which is ridiculous. Sam Peter is not a big draw and never has been. This might be Oleg's last chance for a big payday, he deserves to get paid the 75% like every other champ gets in a purse bid situation. Oleg's doing the right thing by refusing to cave in to this sanctioning body that's trying to take money out of his pocket
Well, since he's basically borrowing the belt and will lose it the moment he faces anyone decent he does deserve to cash out.
Cruiser1 is offline  Top
Old 07-11-2007, 09:29 PM   #45
Heavyrighthand
Champion
East Side Guru

I don't see why they went ahead and got the Showtime date set, announced the fight as a go, only to find out that Maskaev has not even signed anything, yet.

Especially after having so many false starts from this whole thing, already.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum