Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 08-11-2014, 12:58 PM   #1
TJ Max
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 686
Default Intermittent Fasting...Thoughts?

Virus, we all know you're a real piece of shlt, but maybe you have some insight into this?I'm interested in a form of this, described in a popular book called, "The Warrior Diet," in which there is a 20 hour period of underreating and a 4 our period of overreating.Does anyone have any insight into this. What are your personal experiences with this type of dieting?I find it to be appealing due to the concept that it fits the ancient warrior lifestyle. Due to the fact that I'm a modern day warrior, this may fit my lifestyle.
TJ Max is online now  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-11-2014, 04:22 PM   #2
ant-man
ant
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Intermittent Fasting...Thoughts?

It's a typo. It's actually called the worrier's diet. For those that worry too much about food..
ant-man is online now  Top
Old 08-11-2014, 05:43 PM   #3
TJ Max
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 686

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant-man View Post
It's a typo. It's actually called the worrier's diet. For those that worry too much about food..
I think it's the opposite of that.

You don't have to worry about food for most of the day and then you only eat one damn meal.

It sounds great to me.
TJ Max is online now  Top
Old 08-11-2014, 11:12 PM   #4
Meazy-E
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Depends on your overall goal, also i doubt you could keep that up very long. Little special diets are a serious wast. Just change eating habits, to something healthy and maintain it. If your body does not get enough nutrition then is flooded with calories it's gonna hold on to them, all the while wrecking your metabolism.
Meazy-E is offline  Top
Old 08-12-2014, 02:24 AM   #5
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 346

It's a good way to help you keep your calories in check if you're cutting. I tried it once, but it didn't work for me well because of my school schedule and I wouldn't have enough energy for my boxing workouts
bballchump11 is offline  Top
Old 08-12-2014, 04:06 AM   #6
Good Boy.
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

When im feeling sluggish and tired after a lot of training, i take a few days off and fast. This one is the 4 hour feeding window and i find it a bit too much. 16 hour fast with 8 hour feed is what works best for me i find it easy and im not lying i dont care if people dont beleive me but i feel the best i ever feel when im fasting.

i was skepticle at first but know im hooked, i challenge anyone to do it properly for 3 days and not feel amazing

I break fast at mid day with a light healthy meal and a protein shake then just eat as normal ending with a big meal approx 8pm. All i am basically doing is having a late breakfast and not eating in the couple hours before bed. I drink a shit load of water though when i fast because it makes it easier but this could heavily contribute to the feeling of well being

Works wonders for fat loss too (especially if you train towards the end of your fast before mid day). I know that from experience.

What i will say though as this is a boxing forum is that i only find it beneficial when i am weight training or doing short explosive workouts. Long workouts for boxing are not the one if you are fasting
Good Boy. is offline  Top
Old 08-12-2014, 04:12 AM   #7
Good Boy.
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meazy-E View Post
Depends on your overall goal, also i doubt you could keep that up very long. Little special diets are a serious wast. Just change eating habits, to something healthy and maintain it. If your body does not get enough nutrition then is flooded with calories it's gonna hold on to them, all the while wrecking your metabolism.
Sorry but this is not true. It is not a diet, it is a lifestyle. You make your diet, or as you say a healthy eating habbit, and then apply a form of intermittent fasting to it. You still take in all of your calories and macros. It does not 'wreck' your motabloism, if anything it improves it
Good Boy. is offline  Top
Old 08-12-2014, 05:51 AM   #8
ant-man
ant
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Always love the bro science in nutrition threads..

ant-man is online now  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing