Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 03-10-2008, 07:18 AM   #16
dwilson

vCash:
Default Re: Joe Calzaghes face...

I noted his face while it was happening too, very funny. Looked as if he had found that used condom in his pocket he was saving for later.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2008, 07:19 AM   #17
Tony Harrison
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000

Hhhmmmm watched it again and Joe does simply look disgusted!

Hopefully they have all calmed down and not changed the locks on the doors at the Calzaghe gym!

Hard people the Calzaghe's.
Tony Harrison is offline  Top
Old 03-10-2008, 07:53 AM   #18
DamonD
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Harrison
Hopefully they have all calmed down and not changed the locks on the doors at the Calzaghe gym!

Like something out of Rocky, where he goes to the locker room and finds out Mickey's cleared it out and given it to someone else...
DamonD is offline  Top
Old 03-10-2008, 08:02 AM   #19
Healy
Former Wee Poof
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

I noticed that straight away also.

He was majorly pissed off for sure, and that look wasn't one of 'no way ref, bullshit decision'

It was more a '**** sake Enzo, what were you doing?'

Nobody has mentioned this yet and i think its a vital point. Since Enzo was TKO'd/stopped it means that he cannot spar 'in any shape or form' for at least 30 days. An order from the BBBC. This of course means that Joe Calzaghe is without his #1 sparring partner for his fight with Hopkins in just over a month, now im not saying this was going through Joes mind at the time of knockout but i bet it has since then.

I thought Enzo Calzaghe was an arse yet again in the interview after the fight, for the whole 60 second they interviewed him he mumbled for about 50 secs and through in a few curse words while giving out to Maccarnelli basically. And spoke half clearly for 10 seconds
Healy is offline  Top
Old 03-10-2008, 08:14 AM   #20
chesh
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Healy
I noticed that straight away also.

He was majorly pissed off for sure, and that look wasn't one of 'no way ref, bullshit decision'

It was more a '**** sake Enzo, what were you doing?'

Nobody has mentioned this yet and i think its a vital point. Since Enzo was TKO'd/stopped it means that he cannot spar 'in any shape or form' for at least 30 days. An order from the BBBC. This of course means that Joe Calzaghe is without his #1 sparring partner for his fight with Hopkins in just over a month, now im not saying this was going through Joes mind at the time of knockout but i bet it has since then.

I thought Enzo Calzaghe was an arse yet again in the interview after the fight, for the whole 60 second they interviewed him he mumbled for about 50 secs and through in a few curse words while giving out to Maccarnelli basically. And spoke half clearly for 10 seconds
Which 10 seconds?
chesh is offline  Top
Old 03-10-2008, 08:17 AM   #21
Healy
Former Wee Poof
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by chesh
Which 10 seconds?
True enough
Healy is offline  Top
Old 03-10-2008, 08:23 AM   #22
Tony Harrison
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

What was the 'mistake' they kept alluding to?

Enzo C seemed to have spotted one microscopic error which changed the fight completely,even going as far as to say that if said mistake hadn't happened the fight would have gone differently.

I fail to see how getting brutalised by a faster and technically superior fighter can be put down to making one error.

Bad form from the Calzaghe camp. They didn't compliment Haye remotely.
Tony Harrison is offline  Top
Old 03-10-2008, 08:41 AM   #23
Jack Dempsey
Legend
ESB Addict

Enzo Calzaghe came across as a right nob after the fight, I couldn't understand most of what he was saying, perhaps its because he's not been used to losing recently
Jack Dempsey is offline  Top
Old 03-10-2008, 08:49 AM   #24
Max Molyneux
Liverpool Liver Tickler
ESB Addict

vCash: 1241

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings
At the end of the day Enzo is a decent boxer but lets be real his not up there with tbe Bells Mormecks and Hayes yet. His best foe to date prior to Haye was Wayne Braithwaite..

When it mattered most Enzo was found wanting. No shame there.
He would beat Bell and Mormeck.
Max Molyneux is offline  Top
Old 03-10-2008, 09:10 AM   #25
Broxi
Me Whee!
ESB Addict

vCash: 3681

Joe's a natural born winner and his will to win is more than most fighters, so yeah, it probably was a bit of disgust mixed with dissapointment there.

Haye was just way way too fast for Enzo, however, I'm gonna hold judgement on whether Haye can "dominate the heavyweight division" like has been claimed, we all know he is very beatable.

I'm looking forward to seeing what weight Haye comes out at for his next HW fight and how much this will affect his speed.
Broxi is offline  Top
Old 03-10-2008, 10:01 AM   #26
DamonD
Champion
East Side Guru

From a picture just before Haye's big right landed, it looked like Enzo was setting up for a left hook of his own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Healy
Yeah, I mentioned it in my earlier post here.
And I do think that will irritate Joe, not saying it'll destroy Joe's training or anything melodramatic like that, but he's very chummy with Enzo and will miss sparring him.
DamonD is offline  Top
Old 03-10-2008, 10:10 AM   #27
Decebal
Lucian Bute
East Side VIP

Calzaghe went up to see how Macca was, after he saw him staggering back to the corner. He might have been thinking Macca could possibly pull through and that he, Calzaghe, might be able to shout out some encouragement or advice. He looks on closely at Macca's face and when the ref waves it off, he shakes his head in angry disappointment. It looked to me he was disappointed at the early stoppage - he might have thought Macca was good to continue for a bit more, but he also looked disappointed at the state of affairs - that Macca lost. I don't think he was disappointed with Macca particularly. He did look like a worried father as he saw Macca staggering to the corner. Maybe he was a bit disappointed that Macca was blown out so fast too...perhaps he was bittely disappointed for Macca too - they are close, y'know!
Decebal is offline  Top
Old 03-10-2008, 10:19 AM   #28
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

It wont effect his speed at all unless he turns into a blob overnight. His muscle memory will remain the same despite an extra 20lbs plus physically he may be more comfortable at the weight. Only problem is his training habits which are dire.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Old 03-10-2008, 10:23 AM   #29
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings
Only problem is his training habits which are dire.
Thats a shame. He won't be the first 'small guy' to use the move up to heavyweight as an excuse to slack off.l

Last edited by GazOC; 03-10-2008 at 10:45 AM.
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 03-10-2008, 10:45 AM   #30
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxstuff
I think it's more important for him to be a winner. he loved the adulation he got on Sunday morning and he knows what he needs to do to keep winning.
I hope so, we'll just have to wait and see.
GazOC is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum